Training for the worst day of your life / personal self defense

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qxxx said:
....get in my favored 2-3 hours a day of walking, and climbing hills. But stuck in S&B and still sequestering until things in the local city settle a bit. At least crofter, you can take a 1/2 hour walk in 108F and lose 6 pounds. Wear that hat, and put a wet towel on the back of yer neck.
I get quite a bit of walking here, and have access to treadmill walking in the heat. I switch between water workouts and walking. 
-crofter

Qxxx said:
crofter, I don't suppose you ever made it up that peak in Q we talked about in post #194?
I did not, that will be a hike for cooler days. I have spent this week playing with my carport. It is so nice and shady in there, but also breezy or even windy, like today. The high today was only 97 in southern AZ, but the little rocks and sand hitting you as you walk is annoying. I had my wrap around sunglasses on for the extra protection.

Very nice hats by the way, I must have one. 
~crofter

111° dang. you should cruise up to eastern Oregon and help me dig for gold. this morning 6/29 @ 7AM 48° in my trailer I just had to turn my heater on. also it rained off and on all night. seems like I left summer in Arizona. highdesertranger

I believe dark chocolate always has a fair amount of caffeine. But woof, $40 for a bit over 1 pound. How about a See's bar and a chicken wing.

What's happened to BMS, who you used to trade training stories with? He's not been around for months.

highdesertranger said:
....this morning 6/29 @ 7AM 48° in my trailer I just had to turn my heater on....
Too funny HDR. If it was 40 degrees you would put on a vest. I got some cheepie vests at WM big box last year that stay warm when wet. Not fireproof though.

Finding any color up there? Altho I worked for years as a miner, I know zero about minerals. One of my uncles was a Butte miner and knew tons about what is under the ground. Everywhere he went he found stuff. 

I am waiting for my fave firearms training center to open again. That will get me as far north as Pahrump. I am guessing that will not open before fall. Their move is toward dry practice and internet training for carry cards, nothing on site at Frontsite right now.
-crofter

Description: link to frontsite training

https://www.frontsight.com/

crofter said:
I am waiting for my fave firearms training center to open again. That will get me as far north as Pahrump. I am guessing that will not open before fall. Their move is toward dry practice and internet training for carry cards, nothing on site at Frontsite right now.
-crofter

Description: link to frontsite training

https://www.frontsight.com/
According to the schedule, class starts on September 2. Be there.
-crofter

Seniors fall -- fact of life. But if you fall with an aggressor after you, think about using your feet and legs as weapons.

An aggressor can't protect his legs very well. And your legs are much stronger than your hands or arms. I've seen videos of people on the ground just thrashing their legs around, not doing anything useful.

One thing you might be able to do from the ground is try to kick their knee so it bends in the wrong direction. Pointy-toe ballerina kicks are mostly useless, so use the firewood-stomping method instead. Kick out flat-footed, at the side or front of their knee --- it's really painful and often incapacitating.

If someone grabs you from behind, the victim often instinctively tries to escape by moving forward, which usually doesn't work, as they're expecting that, and they're ready for it.

If you've got a solid object in front of you (a wall, post, rail, car, etc), reach out with one or both feet and use it to shove yourself backward as hard as you can.

This might also work if a man grabs a woman by her hair. Also try reaching behind you and grabbing his family jewels. Got fingernails? Dig in!

Here is a link to video with some concealment garments for ladies from tactica, including yoga pants and a flannel shirt for you. She equips herself reviews the gear.
-crofter

And from uscca, on carrying with one in the chamber.

Kevin from uscca tells us why appendix carry is safe for men, link to video.
-crofter

No one is posting their training results! I am working thru some health issues, and doing some garlic cleanses which also help with social distance. Still staying with the 4 miles, though some days get skipped due to air quality: better to do planks than to be wheezing for days trying to clear the dust storm from your lungs.

Stav has a fall video using a wider belly band though she calls it a corset - it rides lower on the hips and can be tucked if you are using a short top. Happy carry.
-crofter

And don't forget to do this.