Anyone in Ehrenburg right now?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reno said:
I'd like to meet up with other CRVLers in Ehernburg, but don't know where to go!

I'm headed to some BLM site Called Levee Road Area BLM. Is that tha right place? Would love to join you for some beans around the campfire (Blazing Saddles reference).

Pretty sure my email in in my profile, but will check back later today for replies.

Thanks!

I just arrived in Ehrenberg today and I am at GPS coordinates 33.5923415,-114.4820666....that's all I know!  I am off Ehrenberg-Cibola Rd.  I don't know where everyone else is but I would like to know!

Janet

Minormanic said:
Newbie, first timer arrived in Erhenberg camp today.  Hope I’m near some of Bob’s tribe.  I’m in a Fed Ex aka Ford Transit passenger van.  Lol. I am a little concerned that when I do go in to town that when I return my spot will be taken (not really that big a deal) or I won’t even be able to find my spot.  Hoping to meet the tribe even though I find it difficult meeting people.

Sue Ann retired RN
3 four legged kids
64 yo
Ford Transit

Hi Sue Ann.  I am a retired RN also, and a newbie at full time RV living.  I am in a small Class C motorhome.  Would love to meet you if you are still finding it difficult to meet people!  Let me know if you're interested.  I am currently in Ehrenberg.  :)

Janet

I pulled into the Ehrenberg camping area yesterday for a 1-night stay before moving on. It looked to me like EVERYONE was there. Far more people than in past years.

My wife, son and myself just arrived this afternoon. In the Class C Coachmen with Mickey lights shining against it. Hope to be out and about more once the wind/dust lets up. Maybe tomorrow. Have a good night and don't hesitate to stop by or ask for help with anything. Have plenty of tools and a bit of experience converting vans. We were here last year. Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing people from last year. We live full time on the road and spent this summer work camping in the National Forrest in CO. So we have a little knowledge on the work camping front as well.

-Chris

I also was there last night, but moved up to Lake Havasu City so I could have access to "normal" - like a library, a fitness center, etc.  More like urban stealth but without the need for stealth. Tomorrow some lucky somewhere is getting my books and the too much of the too many clothes I brought. I'll be at the RTR though.

Gypsy Peripatetique said:
I also was there last night, but moved up to Lake Havasu City so I could have access to "normal" - like a library, a fitness center, etc.  More like urban stealth but without the need for stealth. Tomorrow some lucky somewhere is getting my books and the too much of the too many clothes I brought. I'll be at the RTR though.

Any good free spots up in Lake Havasu Gypsy?

I stayed at Ehrenberg last night. It was windy as heck and dusty. The wind woke me up at 3 AM so I’m sitting at the flying J having coffee at 4 am. Might look for another place to spend a couple of weeks close by if I can’t find some folks to hook up with. Or might stay. Still haven’t decided. I am in a Toyota sienna van beige color. I see groups of people but don’t want to pester anybody. Does anybody know how difficult it is to get to camp spots closer to the river? And if my Toyota sienna will make it without four-wheel-drive?

Yah then there is the wind to contend with it bothered some people understandably . RTR will get windy the nature of the beast, Down south it's not only the wind but all the garbage being burned in Mexico seems to float into the west of Yuma area BLM. The only tent I was ever able to have luck with is my old USMC Eureka 2 person cause it was low and slow. On windy nights I have a nice shot of Rum reminds me of my time spent afloat in the Caribbean sea working on an 60 foot Dutch Island hopper.

Fwagoneer said:
Yah then there is the wind to contend with it bothered some people understandably . RTR will get windy the nature of the beast, Down south it's not only the wind but all the garbage being burned in Mexico seems to float into the west of Yuma area BLM. The only tent I was ever able to have luck with is my old USMC Eureka 2 person cause it was low and slow. On windy nights I have a nice shot of Rum reminds me of my time spent afloat in the Caribbean sea working on an 60 foot Dutch Island hopper.

Luckily I’m not in a tent. ?. I spent much of the 70s in the Caribbean too. It was a good time to be there!  Can’t deal with rum though. I drank too much Bacardi back then. Lol.

MFrancisDwyer said:
Any good free spots up in Lake Havasu Gypsy?

OMG yes! They are all over the place! I camped on 95 just north of Standard Wash last night.  The host there is named Tom.  We're talking less than 10 miles away from Lake Havasu City.  Anything you might need is close by and it is a nice, clean place.  I'm using the city as my office and living room.  The camp is just my sleeping place.

AnnieSantiago said:
I stayed at Ehrenberg last night. It was windy as heck and dusty.  The wind woke me up at 3 AM so I’m sitting at the flying J having coffee at 4 am. Might look for another place to spend a couple of weeks close by if I can’t find some folks to hook up with. Or might stay.  Still haven’t decided. I am in a Toyota sienna van beige color. I see groups of people but don’t want to pester anybody.  Does anybody know how difficult it is to get to camp spots closer to the river? And if my Toyota sienna will make it without four-wheel-drive?

Come up to Lake Havasu City.  Much nicer and close to the water.  See my earlier post.  I am in a Sienna also.

Gypsy Peripatetique said:
OMG yes! They are all over the place! I camped on 95 just north of Standard Wash last night.  The host there is named Tom.  We're talking less than 10 miles away from Lake Havasu City.  Anything you might need is close by and it is a nice, clean place.  I'm using the city as my office and living room.  The camp is just my sleeping place.

Sounds good. I may join you this weekend.

AnnieSantiago said:
I stayed at Ehrenberg last night. It was windy as heck and dusty.  The wind woke me up at 3 AM so I’m sitting at the flying J having coffee at 4 am. Might look for another place to spend a couple of weeks close by if I can’t find some folks to hook up with. Or might stay.  Still haven’t decided. I am in a Toyota sienna van beige color. I see groups of people but don’t want to pester anybody.  Does anybody know how difficult it is to get to camp spots closer to the river? And if my Toyota sienna will make it without four-wheel-drive?

Last night there was a big windstorm in Erhenberg. It is usually not like that here. Perfect night tonight. There are lots of pre RTR people showing up here. Just park and walk around and say hi to people that are already outside and introduce yourself. Most people are pretty friendly. Any vehicle can make it here. When I came here last year I wasn't use to all the gravel and little rocks that you drive over but now that I'm used to it it's no big deal to drive over. Amazing sunsers here.

Yes, I agree with Lora.  The wind is gone and it's very peaceful here.  The people I have met so far have been very friendly.  
GPS:  33.5833241,-114.4697734 (close if not completely accurate!)

Janet

BTW Thanksgiving weekend has always been a huge off road/atv/dunebuggy weekend. Mostly from San Diego /Los Angeles and a few from Phoenix. It has been that way since at least the early 80's. The other holidays will not be nearly as busy. Usually they all go to the sand dunes, the population has been growing so I guess they must be spreading out now. They think nothing of blasting by trailers because that is the normal practice in the ATV areas.

AnnieSantiago said:

There's a secluded spot by the Colorado River off Oxbow Rd, due south of the Flying J. Coordinates are (33.573247, -114.533355)

jimindenver said:
Oh man, I got to tell you that it got pretty heated for a while there. I thought I was going to have to let the giant off his leash and that is never a good thing even for the giant. Luckily as you found out if you stand up to a bully they usually go away.

As for the question of moving. Moving the trailer for me is a three day ordeal due to my limitations. They would have been gone before I would have been.

Yup, I stuck it out and am now at peace. I think it was mainly the holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was camped there , came for the RTR. However decided to not go after I realized it wasn't my scene. I appreciate the support here and the info from bob thank you and have z great time

I'm leaving Pahrump in a bit and will be in Ehrenberg in about 5 1/2 hours. I'll have to find that video so I can see how to get out there if it's not too dark when I get down that way. Would love to camp near someone but I don't do coordinates. I'm a year late but finally making n it happen!

if you're on I-10 and you are going East on I-10 get off on exit 1 take a right and go around the roundabout not the first but the second Frontage which will say Frontage East take that one go straight about a mile and a half or so the road kind of looks like it's a y stay to the right don't go left go straight to the right the road gets pretty rugged you go up the hill and I will be like the second driveway it's not a driveway but you can see cars go through there but I'll be at the second one on the left. But there is tons of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk