Anyone in Ehrenburg right now?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minormanic said:
Newbie, first timer arrived in Erhenberg camp today.  Hope I’m near some of Bob’s tribe.  I’m in a Fed Ex aka Ford Transit passenger van.  Lol. I am a little concerned that when I do go in to town that when I return my spot will be taken (not really that big a deal) or I won’t even be able to find my spot.  Hoping to meet the tribe even though I find it difficult meeting people.

Sue Ann retired RN
3 four legged kids
64 yo
Ford Transit

You just gave me an idea to go in the garage to get the kids old orange soccer cones and put them in the RV.  I'll be in Ehrenburg next Wednesday.  I'll look for you Min.  PM your GPS coordinates if you want to meet up.

MFrancisDwyer said:
Thanks to Steve, Dave and Gordy for your welcome and great conversations on my arrival in Ehrenberg.  I'm down in Holtville soaking in the hot springs, but I'll be back at some point.

Short lived but a pleasure to have met you all. I was hot on your heels MF. That wind encouraged my early departure. Enjoyed your company while I was there.
 ghsebldr/steve#1

Another new guy headed to ehrinberg. I am outside of tuson right now but hope to be there in a couple more days.  I am in a grey white top skoolie feel free to flag me down or run me off your choice lol.

Anyone in Ehrenberg right now?  

Yeah, a whole lot of idiots making as much noise, and throwing up as much dust as they possibly can.  

I have never in my life, ever, been anywhere that people, large groups of people , treat Thanksgiving as a time to go out in the desert and make as much noise as possible!  Never!  WTF????  (Where's the Fudge?)

I won't be here at Christmas time.  Holy crap.  Did I miss a memo and T'day is now a substitute for Labor Day??

Gee, have a real good evenin, y'all

Pat

UPDATE:  I forgot to mention that the campsite next to us has started doing target practice.  I'm pretty sure it's a small caliber handgun, .22 or smaller even, but still.  Sheez!

Pat

After the situation I told you about this afternoon came to a head I thought I was going to have to call on your services once again. However a deal was settled on and they decided it would be best to slow down going by us for a variety of reasons big and small if you get my drift.

jimindenver said:
Pat

After the situation I told you about this afternoon came to a head I thought I was going to have to call on your services once again. However a deal was settled on and they decided it would be best to slow down going by us for a variety of reasons big and small if you get my drift.

Are the dune buggies ever going to stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pnolans said:
Anyone in Ehrenberg right now?  

Yeah, a whole lot of idiots making as much noise, and throwing up as much dust as they possibly can.  

I have never in my life, ever, been anywhere that people, large groups of people , treat Thanksgiving as a time to go out in the desert and make as much noise as possible!  Never!  WTF????  (Where's the Fudge?)

I won't be here at Christmas time.  Holy crap.  Did I miss a memo and T'day is now a substitute for Labor Day??

Gee, have a real good evenin, y'all

Pat

UPDATE:  I forgot to mention that the campsite next to us has started doing target practice.  I'm pretty sure it's a small caliber handgun, .22 or smaller even, but still.  Sheez!

I’ve been getting the worst of it I think. I’ve been cleaning my solar panels twice a day from all the dirt their kicking up. I’ve been thinking of moving up higher to see if I can find peace.

Maggie Flinn said:
Are the dune buggies ever going to stop?

Maybe not stopped all together but they sure are going slower.

I'm just curious. Is it so crowded and so many people that you can't just go somewhere else on BLM land? Why not explore some other less populated areas maybe? This time in southern Utah is really empty and temps though cold are warmer this year than average. Lack of rules and crowds are why people go there right? We are mobile so we can leave the crowds behind. Certain time of the year there will almost always be a crowd most places so I go where they ain't. As my old Sargent said "Quit holding hands and spread out before you all get killed." Just saying.

They have been making runs on all the RV'rs/dwellers in the area and a number have left. Otherwise I would say it was nothing more than them wanting our spot and were making us pay for getting here first. According to them us Canadians ruin it for everyone by coming down here while they live here. So moving out of the area is the only answer and that is a three day ordeal for me to pack up, hitch up and reset the trailer somewhere else. As it is the situation has greatly improved and is no longer a issue it seems. I believe I heard one say they were going home to day anyways.

bullfrog said:
 Is it so crowded and so many people that you can't just go somewhere else on BLM land? 

I took a drive down to Algodones yesterday, so drove by a few spots between here and there.  The LTVA's are not like that , because they have rules and enforce them.  

Other BLM spots had the same thing.  You can see clouds of dust off toward the Southwest of Q'site.  

Where I'm parked, they don't come driving through here.  I established that 2 weekends ago with a couple of drunk ATV'ers who came heading toward my campsite at full speed.  They decided that it was probably a good idea to stay away from the crazy old geezer.  But, they're all over the place.  

Last night, I could see fireworks over near where I think Jim and others are parked.  

What a bunch of goons.

bullfrog said:
This time in southern Utah is really empty and temps though cold are warmer this year than average.  

Last week, this was like Southern Utah.  They started coming in Wednesday night.  

I'm willing to bet that places that are "normally quiet this time of year" were not this weekend.   A whole dollar!  
:D

Oh man, I got to tell you that it got pretty heated for a while there. I thought I was going to have to let the giant off his leash and that is never a good thing even for the giant. Luckily as you found out if you stand up to a bully they usually go away.

As for the question of moving. Moving the trailer for me is a three day ordeal due to my limitations. They would have been gone before I would have been.

Yeah, moving is something that seems a lot easier to some folks than the reality is.  No matter how self-contained you are, if you're in a spot you plan on staying in for a while, you get comfortable.  And that requires clean-up, repacking. And in your case, as you said, it's more of an ordeal.  

That spot where you're at is fine for when people are not being buttheads.  I believe that what we observed is an anomaly.  OTOH, I could be wrong.   When I was down at Pilot Know in Feb, I just pulled as far off of the road as I could.   Most of the dust from the ATV's was gone before it hit my camp.  Mittry Lake was a nightmare for me!  I learned after that. 

I am guessing that Christmas and New  Year's are going to be the same here.  Also, MLK and President's day.  Like I said in another post, think of ski resorts and 3 day weekends.  

Pat

I'm going to be stopping in for a few days next week and I'd love to be near the quiet campers! I'm sure that my little stinky butt Lily would love to meet Max!

the good news is that after today the crowds and ATV weekenders will be gone. unfortunately Thanks Giving week is a huge off roaders holiday. highdesertranger

The dune buggy crowd will show up at Ehrenberg every weekend. Just not as many as when it's a holiday.

Headache said:
I'm going to be stopping in for a few days next week and I'd love to be near the quiet campers!  I'm sure that my little stinky butt Lily would love to meet Max!

I look forward to meeting you and Max can always enjoy a new playmate.