Just arrived Q today — love to meet some of you ASAP!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malkmus

Reaction score
Been reading on the forum for a couple of years now and just arrived in Quartzsite today and purchased a $40 two-week pass for LTVA at La Posa South hoping to find the YARC camp said to be about 2 miles from entrance. I’m hoping to finally meet many of you here on the forum as a huge part of my being here is, well, meeting you guys! The seniors teaching the freshman!

Just drove thousands of miles to get here and will to sell my car in the next week or and buy a more appropriate vehicle still to be determined at this time. Likely a cargo van possibly with a cargo trailer I’ll build out over the next few months. Or a small cube van box truck to simply have an all in one solution. TBD. More ideas and perspective s needed.

So really just hoping to learn from your mistakes, see some rigs, assess what may good for me, and have good conversations. Also hoping to find the fabled YARC camp as life seems boring without having experience with the you ain’t right club.

How do most people meet one another here in Quartzsite LTVA or BLM areas? Gotta start somewhere somehow and that day is today...yes I'm soooo pumped! Message me here in this thread, PM directly with a GPS coordinate, or tell me where you’d like to meet to teach the freshman. Do I need to join Facebook to join a CRVL group? I just don't know how people communicate outside of this forum presumably it's a text message of sorts.

So if you have some time I’d truly love to learn from many of you and your lives.

Last edited:
Welcome Malkmus. I hope you get a local to you response before dark today. I am only there in spirit- the rest of me is in Nevada.

The official long-time YARC camp was taken over by regular old people before the actual YARC folks could get there this year. YARC folks should still be around somewhere, though.

Happy camping and adventuring to you!

Well if the YARC is where it was last year, just look for the neeked people.:):):):)

Hoping this skip the the birthday suits but the elusive yacht camp even if it's moved this year guys let me know where it might be especially if you're in it.

Don't worry I'm friendly it's just I don't go out of my way to talk to people I prefer someone say hello and I will say hello back and happy to get in the long conversations it's just hard to initiate conversations particularly in large groups. So I'm introverted when it comes to people I don't know but I can be quite social once I know people.

I did drive around the LTVA at La Posa for couple hours and made it to the farthest area works often like three or four different ways and that's quite a ways down.

33°35'43.5"N 114°11'25.0"W
https://goo.gl/maps/6p4wKQ63bS1U6gEa9
Again I said hey you ever heard of the YARC CAMP and as expected she said surely not and to be expected unless she were a reader of this forum. So I just continued on South until I met a washout that I could not pass and turned around.

33.5874701, -114.1838281

It was interesting seeing all the different rigs and how people parked in things in general but strange I didn't see many people sitting outside so they're all in their rigs or maybe off in the town or doing things. And for being such a large area I didn't see a ton of traffic going up and down the main road. But I did eat quite a bit of dust though!

So even though I didn't meet anyone here from The forum yet today or tonight maybe tomorrow it'll happen, I did end up going to a restaurant in town called Barbie's. Clever maybe eight or so customers there probably waited for Barbie to make our food I just asked is anybody here from in town or local? Two people said yes and I just asked what phone service seems to work well in town.

Glad I spoke up because there was a nice gentleman who was sitting there and I asked if I could sit with them and he said fine and I end up having lunch with him we sat there for maybe an hour it was great. He told me a lot about his life and different things about life in general. So what are the chances I happen to pick that restaurant I have and ask a question amongst those people and it just happened to have lunch with this man I've ever met before? That was a ton of fun and I hope to do many more conversations with people.

Well it's time for dinner anyone have a suggestion where I should go? Or suggestion for what stores I should go visit in town?

The real activity is currently at VAN AID at Plomosa Road BLM which is off Rte 95 on the north side of Quartzsite (or tell Google to take you to Plomosa Rd BLM). Once you get on Plomosa Rd, go about 2.9 miles until the road curves right. You instead turn left onto the dirt and go somewhat over 100 yards. You will see well over 100 vans and happy vandwellers of all description! Come NOW; it is ending soon. You will make lots of friends quickly!

YARC camp is TEMPORARILY across the Main road from Center Camp at Van Aid......we're flying the "Jolly Roger"

Camilia is out here too.....just a wash away so the cats can run free........

Where are you Starry ?.....come visit if you're out............

Well thanks for the invite I am going to go drive over there hopefully someone can message me a Google GPS coordinate cuz I'm poor finding places at night.

I'm Tom and was there for the nice Vegan burger dinner this evening Camilia made! I'm centeral near the guys jamming good music in a little tent.

Coordinates 33.7694792, -114.1733628. Think easiest is just to follow directions posted before. Follow dirt road; will take you right into center of activity. I'm in long tall old Sprinter near white with green stripe retro trailer pulled by black Porsche Cayenne. If you don't find, park and crash any campfire; you will be welcomed!

StarryNights thank you for last night giving me an invite to come out last to talk a bit, and see your rig, and listen to that little band that was playing. Actually I just drove by that area a little bit ago and it's still difficult for me to navigate during the day but at night time it was a nightmare. Thanks also for giving me the GPS coordinates cuz that was critical to finding you!

ATM I'm just kind of driving around different areas of Plomosa and just kind of driving slowly looking at rigs.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to invite a noob to come out tonight for a couple of hours to just learn more about what it's all about? It could be any camp around Q as I don't mind driving heading to bed about midnight at La Posa.

Anyone willing to invite a noob to come out tonight for a couple of hours to just learn more about what it's all about? It could be any camp around Q as I don't mind driving heading to bed about midnight at La Posa.
Just head east to find us. Last RV.

Thanks to this forum and people here I've been very fortunate to have met some people and start to feel a little more comfortable trying to meet people. It was funny because tonight I was driving by this nice red bus and I wondered about it and then happened to be walking by it and took a chance by asking the group by the bus a question.

And what's interesting about it is they ended up inviting me to sit down right there by the with us and I was really amazed and I continue to ask questions and listen and just learned quite a bit from Bobbi and Walt. Just like StarryNights told me don't be afraid ask questions and people will be happy to answer and have you around. He's definitely right.

So far good things are happening and tomorrow I plan to try to go walking around and looking forward to listening to more people as this is really fun and calming. Another great day!

Last edited:
Bobbi who has that red bus is one of the staff who manage the Homes on Wheels Non Profit group. In sight, to the south of the red bus is a groiup of people who are mostly members of this forum. Look for my little red with black travel trailer. likely to be a white roadtrek van next to it. That is YARC/Pirate Camp. Most often found at LA Posa South in the winter. Just temporary at Van Aid helping each other on projects.

The "You Aint Right Club" I now its sideways but you get the idea.View attachment 30523
We are the ones on the other forum that have low tolerance for bad advice and commercials. We ain’t right and proudly have a STINKIN BADGE to prove it. Do a site search for YARC and be careful about drinking. People have been known to spray the screen from laughter. The YARC club covers two different forums.