Where are you living at right now.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent the last 2 months in a Yreka hotel room paid for by the Red Cross after my home burned in the Slater Fire. A week ago I came back to Happy Camp and am living in my van. Yesterday I rented a RV space. I'm sitting there now.

Where I am at is undecided. Bullfrog got it’s first positive test result among the 60 or so residents. Which means everyone here probably has been exposed with one store, one gas station, one laundry and one mail pickup. A very few of us have not left our residence without wearing a mask and gloves since last March. I had planned to ride out the virus until the vaccine was available here but now if I am being exposed here I might as well go someplace warm if I’m going to have to continue the same precautions because of exposure. Sure wish we could have had no cases until the vaccine was available! Time to get out my 6’ walking stick with a spike I use to pickup trash so I can insure social distancing! Lol!!! Maybe I can get me a Yosemity Sam “BACK OFF” tee shirt I always wanted now! My cousin says “ If you don’t travel the virus can’t either.” Life can be difficult for a hermit!

Boondocking Big Cypress National Preserve, South Florida. Just above sea level.... Forecast for tomorrow 87/69 with a cooling trend on the way. Expect highs in the 70's with lows in the 60's starting in a few days. South Florida will stay warm all winter. 
The plan is to work my way over to the Everglades, then south to the Keys by December.

Bullfrog seems masking is rather unimportant in Quartzsite... we will go anyway but with better masks and probably do all our shopping in Blythe. There are still a LOT of people that just refuse to wear a mask or wear them like idiots with their nose uncovered. Dang people if everyone would just do what the guidelines say we can kick this crap.

Cammalu keeping your Vitamin D Level up seems to help keep you alive if you do get it so get some sun and take a supplement maybe. I’ll probably not visit Quartzsite until I can get a vaccine.

Still working onsite in a little country town called Yackandandah, Victoria, Aus.  building chimneys over summer. Beautiful views across to the Australian Alps.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]20201206_115038.jpg[/font]

Australia has no new locally acquired cases of Covid, we closed our international borders back in Feb. and this act alone stopped most of the spread of the virus. Any Aussie returning from anywhere else is quarantined on Christmas Island offshore. New Zealand has no new cases either. 

Sometimes it pays to live a long way from anywhere else.

Attachments

• 20201206_115038.jpg
    20201206_115038.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
rokguy said:
Sometimes it pays to live a long way from anywhere else.

Having a much lower population density also surely helps.

And being spread out in a country the size of the US. 6 million live in the state of Victoria, 5 million live in Melbourne, its capital.

Me I'm sitting in my Man Cave at my S&B, with the dog at my side. 41/26 currently 26*

In the mountains between Quartzsite and Bouse. Nice view with good Verizon service.

Haven't been inside any kind of store since last February, being very careful. Once a month I do an outside pickup order at the closest Walmart that has the service which from here is Lake Havasu.

Hiding out at Lake Powell. Still more visitors than usual but mainly people fishing. 40s in the day 20s at night. We have had a few cases of Covid 19 mainly employees visiting friends and family ( going to funerals ) and bringing it back.

We're still hiding out in our tiny house (converted Graceland shed) in NM. We both have too many risk factors for covid19 to feel comfortable on the road right now.

But, just as we thought we could settle down, the owner of the RV park where we're living is selling. So, rather than face the insecurity of a new owner not wanting a tiny home of dubious legality, we decided to buy a lot in town and plopped a singlewide on it. We'll be moving the tiny house up there when all the utilities are connected to the mobile. But we will have an rv dump station and a 30amp electric hookup because I'm sure they'll be needed by friends and/ or family.

I'm sure looking forward to getting the vaccine. We haven't traveled in the van since we got home from the RTR last winter. If we hadn't kept ourselves occupied with the shed converson and the new mobile, we'd be going stir crazy with cabin fever. Instead, we're just going broke. But it's only money.
Ted

Lone Wolf, OK area, rustic lake cabin in need of my attention that belongs to a friend of 40 yrs. Getting some rig redo done and just chillin watching hawks hunt, deer run and geese fly south.

I'll be Mesa, AZ bound after the first for Dr, scripts and such. Plus trying to empty a storage room there. That'll be for a few days..then, who know's.

Attachments

• Lakehouse smaller.jpg
    Lakehouse smaller.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Hicks Mountain sunrise.jpg
    Hicks Mountain sunrise.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
2003, we converted a 1997 Ford CF8000 commercial truck to our concept of an ExpeditionVehicle.
Three seasons, we workkamp at a small organic teaching farm near the outskirts of Eugene Oregon.
Winters, we head to remote Baja beaches.

Parked at a sick friend's place in southern New Mexico. About 5,800 feet. Windy, highs in the 50s, lows in the 20s. A few snowflakes fell earlier. It's not my preferred weather conditions, but my friend's wellbeing is more important than my comfort.

Sheepishly admit I'm still at home in SW Bama. Got Spring Fever something terrible - Don't know why because I'm retired (and not happy about it) but Sat's remain my housecleaning day - habit I guess. Since I can't go anywhere for a while (Upcoming deck cleaning and staining project), I decided to pull out my camp kitchen and smoker and get a Boston Butt rubbed down and ready to smoke manana. My Guava tree is leafing out on the left and my lemongrass survived the winter.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day in the low 80's but we're expecting several days of T Storms starting Mon. I'd love to be on the road right now.

Cheers and stay safe out there!

Attachments

• IMGP0104.JPG
    IMGP0104.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Aztec Village RV Park, Wickenburg, AZ.
Got a maintenance workamp job, not sure for how long.

I’m at one of the few RV friendly Walmarts left. Sarasota Florida, weather is outstanding temperature in the 80s with a breeze off the golf. Out watching birds again today, and seeing more and more butterflies.