Old but not done yet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wb8vyn

Been Thinkin'
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How to start. In case your wondering, I'm of the male persuasion. Pretty much stuck in that rut.
To start, I am alone now. Some would say single. (only wife died 2 years ago) Also lonesome, incomplete. Hummm
I have my eyes open to share myself with some one of the female persuasion willing to share her self and explore a different life style- travel.
I have skills. Not show off skills, just stuff. I like to fix things. I like to nudge some one and say look at that or show one of my worthless masterpieces that I've built or patched up. I like to ask, lets do this or that, whadya think of that idea? I'd like to hear an idea from a companion and respond with, Ok lets try it. Not skiing or scaling shear cliffs or sky diving though.
Being old (83) and still very healthy and mobile, Can drive at night, and not fearful of the dark. Don't need a cane and don't take pills.
My short comings are, I'm skinny, No movie star, and since originally was red headed, I don't tan well. I've got wrinkles everywhere and no amount of cream is going to fix that. I'm 5'10" 135 pounds shooting for 140 with the right woman to stuff food down my neck. Oh, I'm also bald headed.
Here's my thought about candidates.
A woman who is tired of being cooped up in a small apartment with little or no freedom. Willing to take off into a new adventure of slow and easy travel around the US. following pleasant weather.
A woman who can make sure my sox and shirt match or who doesn't care. Would be willing take a chance on the unknown with a strange old man who smells funny, Well not after a shower, I smell like Irish Spring for a while. Not much into foo water or suits and ties and all that fancy stuff.
I'm scared just like you should be so. Starting out slowly would seem like a good idea to me.
I am going to be on my way in April. The plan is to just move along. If It turns out that some fat, skinny, short, tall woman want's to give the idea a try, We'll talk about it from a distance. then look at one another, then maybe talk about it face to face.
Since I'm in no hurry to "hook up" actually scared to death to even try. Have not done anything of the sort in over 60 years, and I figure most women would feel the same. Lots of risk both ways.
Dating sites where some one else or a "program" decides who goes with who is too much of a gamble.
I don't gamble. Neither should you.
Of course I'm a man so I think I'll have to take the first step and call you back and be willing to take rejection. It's a man thing. Goes with the territory.
Some of you ladies will be tied to a animal. Maybe the animal is tied to you, that will not work with me.
I will be the pet. I've got hair just no bell.
Ken
Email address: [email protected]