Women Only: Connecting with others while on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radar

Reaction score
Hey all you awesome women out there on the road!  I want to meet you!  lol  I have been living out of my Ram Promaster for 9 months now.  I'm currently on the road in the Yosemite area but will be travelling on south as I go.  I'm planning on going to the RTR in Jan. 2018 and hoping to meet many of you there.  I would like more community and to meet up and camp with a 'tribe' more often.  Any thoughts on how we might create that more readily?

HI RAdar.  I'm not on the road yet but know many are heading thata' way.  There is a GTG in AZ mid October if you're going that way.

Hello Radar!

I'm right there with you! I spent the summer solo in the Adirondacks, and I'm ready for company! When I saw Bob's video where he talked about "tribe," it brought me to tears. 

While I'm eager to meet other women on the same journey, I'm also cautious about giving out information and meeting up with people I don't know. I've tried to be authentic with my profile, posting a pic of myself and some general info on my profile, while hopefully protecting my privacy. I realize anyone can fake a pic and some info, but it does provide some reassurance of who I am. I'm a newbie to all of this, so no one knows me in person yet!

Kind of a conundrum that as women we want to connect, but yet there's such a safety factor in all of this!

There have been a few threads on this topic so there are definitely other women looking to connect, and I'll be checking the forums and posting as I get closer to AZ. I'm leaving for AZ from NY state in a few days, so it will take me awhile to get out there.

I have a feeling we'll all be meeting up eventually!

Mary Ellen

I'd like to meet up with you gals at some point, but for me it's still in the "first we do this, then this, then this, and finally that" planning stages. I mean I'm happy to be moving forward, but planning to meet up has to wait until the planning to get on the road part happens. *sigh*

Queen said:
I'd like to meet up with you gals at some point, but for me it's still in the "first we do this, then this, then this, and finally that" planning stages.  I mean I'm happy to be moving forward, but planning to meet up has to wait until the planning to get on the road part happens.   *sigh*

nah, we're all coming to your place ;)

Ladies who want to meet up, maybe we could pick a neutral spot in Quarztite durng RTR to have a get acquainted get together. Bring your chair, your address book for exchanging emails, phone numbers, snail mail addresses etc. and your enthusiasm! We could use that time to learn a little about each other and, if there is time and interest,  plan additional activities during RTR such as a potlucik, morning coffees, etc. If we find compatible nomads we'd like to see on the road we could exchange information on a one to one basis. It would be fun to pick a spot we love to have a ladies only camp-in at a later date--someplace with interesting geography, history, museums, hiking trails, (and oh yes, shopping!)  It will take one person to volunteer to  coordinate this at RTR. I've never been there so don't know the setup but would think it would be fairly easy to pick a spot and post it on the forum. Date and time to be deciced depending on arrival dates. What do you think?

Y'all do realize that the RTR schedule includes not just one but 2 'Womens' Only' meetings, don'tcha!

The whole of the RTR other than at the scheduled seminars is just one great big meet and greet!. Wander around, see a vehicle that looks interesting and/or someone sitting around outside, go introduce yourself and go from there.

No need to try to formalize anything at all!

Trust me, you'll meet more people than you ever did living in a town or city!

No, didn't know about the 2 "Women's Only" meetings! Thanks for posting.

I'm currently in St George Utah and the weather is beautiful. If any women want to come camp here they'd be welcome if they don't mind dogs. I'm planning on being here for the winter so this BLM location is just temporary until I get a little better situated.

I hope to meet some women at RTR as well but I'm stuck in a repairs, learning, and prep loop, where's the exit? lol.  I do hope to be there and seek you ladies out.

Dune Elliott, are you boondocking there? I used to work with a guy from St. George, and he said the winters can get a bit chilly, even down to the single digits, despite not much snow. Have a plan, just in case.

For now, yes. I hope to find something a little more permanent but not in an RV park...going to hope to connect with people in church over the next couple of weeks to see if I can find place to rent for cheapish. Getting into single digits appeared to be rare here when I looked at the historical weather averages, highs and lows.

I am in an RV so have propane and electric heat...just need to plug in. I might have to dump the fresh water tank. It'll be warmer than Wyoming!

Summer in Antarctica has been proven to be warmer on some days than winter in Wyoming...I had that discussion with someone last winter.

DuneElliot said:
I'm currently in St George Utah and the weather is beautiful. If any women want to come camp here they'd be welcome if they don't mind dogs. I'm planning on being here for the winter so this BLM location is just temporary until I get a little better situated.

I love that area, and dogs, too. If I had the equipment I'd be on my way!

I'm a newbie too...still in stix and brix. RYE will be my 1st big trip...cant wait to meet y'all and make new friends!!

I know I am going to want to meet up with other older women on the road. I am pretty new to this and also have concerns about giving out too much personal information and being taken advantage of. I think that is my children's biggest concern also. The happiest times of my life have been on the road, but even traveling with my best of friends,I sometimes would rather be alone to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I know there's a happy medium and just having my own rig to myself I think will be enough for my privacy and ability to do what it is I want to do. But forming a tribe of like minded women I know will be a huge plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving out too much info can be a problem. I was thinking about this, and if you're meeting a particular group of new people, you could name your group and make a sign on copier paper w/a felt marker with the acronym for that group and tape it by your door, so you could find each other.

Bad Tempered Witches on Wheels could be BTWOW, for instance.

Sure wish I was already on the road so I could meet up with all of you. But I won't be heading out until June of next year. However, great idea to post here to meet up with people. Not sure how much companionship I will/won't want on the road so I guess I'll find out!