a politically neutral thought about politics

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgana

Reaction score
So I wanted to do something for (NONPARTISAN) voter registration this year and wasn't sure how to go about it. Turns out a good resource for this is the League of Women Voters. They will help you with some stuff just for the asking, but they have a lot more resources if you join (yes, men can join too, and if you are on a budget [like me] you can get a steeply discounted membership fee or, I think, even free). They don't currently have anyone in the little town where I am right now so if this works out I will be sort of their point person. Yikes, not what I had in mind, but really why not? Could be fun!
This got me to thinking. I wonder if anyone has started a drive to register nomads (I'm guessing, not). It would be 100x more complicated, because you'd be meeting people from different states with different rules, but I bet that -- with enough initiative, creativity, and masochism -- it could be done. Just a thought.
Meanwhile, as far as y'all yourselves go, YOU'RE REGISTERED, RIGHT? In whatever state you're domiciled in? Don't put it off! These things have deadlines!!

You have to vote where you're registered, right. Here we have to show a drivers license even if we know each other. Some nomads use mail drops in other states I believe. Yes I've never missed voting!

Last edited:
Well, you have to register where you're domiciled, but (depending on your circumstances and the rules at your location) you may be able to vote absentee. So if you think you might be out of town on voting day, plan ahead and see what's available!