I'm headed for that long and lonesome highway!!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallyflint

Reaction score
Just bought a high roof Ford Transit cargo van with lots of windows in it. Going to convert it to a camper and hit the road! The more I look into this way of life the more it seems that van lifers have a lot of other van lifer friends and share experiences and so forth. Is this true? I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of cool adventurous people with a kind of wild look in their eyes and grey hair that flies all around like Einstein. I have a blog (called NitroBubba) and I was thinking maybe I could put some of my adventures on my blog. Anyway, hello out there van lifers - hope to meet you in person someday!

Just bought a high roof Ford Transit cargo van with lots of windows in it. Going to convert it to a camper and hit the road! The more I look into this way of life the more it seems that van lifers have a lot of other van lifer friends and share experiences and so forth. Is this true? I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of cool adventurous people with a kind of wild look in their eyes and grey hair that flies all around like Einstein. I have a blog (called NitroBubba) and I was thinking maybe I could put some of my adventures on my blog. Anyway, hello out there van lifers - hope to meet you in person someday!
Welcome. I think you will find an interesting variety of folks here on this forum. I am not really sure of their hair styles, ha ha, but they are very knowledgeable and vey helpful.

Welcome :)

If you haven't heard of it there was a novel by a guy named Gurney Norman and titled: "Divine Right's Trip" It was originally a series of pieces and later rolled into a novel. I've seen it free online to read. It was in the early early days of Van Travel. (late 60's) Charles Kuralt used to have a piece each week on CBS Sunday Morning.....titled "On the Road". You may get some inspiration from these.

Divine Right's Trip & WIKI

On the Road with Charles Kuralt & youtube

The title is ironic. AvLong and LONESOME highway on which you hope to find a lot of friends.

It is like any situation in life if you want to have friends you will. But that takes being friendly.

However If the only people you want to be friends with are men with long grey hair you will have created an issue for yourself as a lot of old guys very much hair challenged up top….. But you might find a lot of men with long grey beards. 🤣

Last edited:
Welcome :)

If you haven't heard of it there was a novel by a guy named Gurney Norman and titled: "Divine Right's Trip" It was originally a series of pieces and later rolled into a novel. I've seen it free online to read. It was in the early early days of Van Travel. (late 60's) Charles Kuralt used to have a piece each week on CBS Sunday Morning.....titled "On the Road". You may get some inspiration from these.

Divine Right's Trip & WIKI

On the Road with Charles Kuralt & youtube
thanks eDJ! I'll check it out!

The title is ironic. AvLong and LONESOME highway on which you hope to find a lot of friends.

It is like any situation in life if you want to have friends you will. But that takes being friendly.

However If the only people you want to be friends with are men with long grey hair you will have created an issue for yourself as a lot of old guys very much hair challenged up top….. But you might find a lot of men with long grey beards. 🤣
lol!