Moab UT in October

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea, those of us that spend a lot of time here celebrate the rain as we seldom get any but it always seems to come when I finally get time to do some outside painting projects!!!

KoreyC said:
I guess I’m going to stay put here or maybe head further South for a couple of days and check out Roswell or something. If it gets too bad ill hunker down in the Jeep and hold on ha.

You may be ok there. I was planning on heading up to Eagle Nest and Cimarron area and guess I still am based on where the heavier rain/flooding seems to be headed now.

What does the foliage of the trees look like outside of Santa Fe?

Bullfrog that’s what I’d call water painting lol. Still on my first cup of coffee and think I’m funny when half asleep.

Dennis there isnt a whole lot of shade here. Im not sure what these trees/bushes are called (Juniper maybe) but they’re only about 10 to 12 feet high and basically just offer concealment rather than any cover. If you come this way check out this campground, Caja Del Real on NF land. Its free and has pretty nice sites with fire rings. Cant hardly see any of my neighbors because of the tall bushes everywhere. Brand new vault toilets that are clean. I get perfect 4g LTE with AT&T here. BLM land literally across the street if you want to stay more than 14 days, easy move. About a 15 min or less drive to Walmart. Only problem is there’s a ton of flies! I have a 10x10 screen house so they dont bother me, but without the screen house I would be miserable sitting outside.

Thanks for the campsite tip, Korey. I'm going to start out up in the aspens a little farther north and higher elevation. Cold may run me down that way though. lol

Take a look at the outdoor salt guns for sport killing flys, they just disapear into pieces, great fun!

Watch for the moisture coming in from that hurricane on the west coast! You should probably be safe in a week or so. Safe travels!

Latest posts