Ready, Set....Go List

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sort of made it everyone's business when I posted it on a public forum, besides which I appreciate the input.

It occurred to me to ask for him to at least reimburse me for my out of pocket expenses

1) The dogs ran out of food, went through the dog food i brought for my own dog and I had to go buy 40 lbs of dog food myself.

2) in order to pack, I had to buy boxes and tape and to finish packing I have to get more boxes

3) Since I didn't bring most of my camping gear I am going to have to pick up things I already own in order to get through 15 days on public lands.

4) It cost me about $70 in gas to get to Missouri and so that's about $140 just in gas .

I don't know. He is now having to pay movers, storage and pet transportation and find a place to live. Asking for reimbursement seems like kicking him when he's down.

So I'm out a couple hundred or so, but I did get to do a few touristy things, had some to die for Thai food and it's only money.

What bothers me is I've been friends with this guy for a long time and I hate that I know I will never really feel the same toward him. It's depressing.

I don't expect to be paid for things I do as a friend to help a friend and if I didn't want to pack things up or do sit for him I wouldn't have. So, That's on me. I'm good with that.

Being reimbursed for money I didn't budget for seems fair though.

Transporters are scheduled to be here on the 18th to take the dogs to Texas and movers will be here first thing in the morning on the 20th.

Hopefully, my next post will be from the Mark Twain National Forest.

I bought a 4 season tent, a hammock, a camp chair, a self-inflating mattress and a cot and am taking Jimmi's really nice sleeping bag, his wool blanket, headlamp and two butane stoves.

Can't wait! I am very excited to get on the road .

Good to hear. Here is the brighter side of your "adventure".

So glad to hear he's finally taking responsibility for his own life. The best news is that you will be heading to MTN Forest....and more camping gear is a good thing....old stuff wears out and now you have replacements. Bon Voyage!

The dogs are on their way to Texas! I'm actually going to miss them, they are so sweet.
House is packed, YAY! 2 more days.

SQUEEEEEE (yes, I'm that excited :) )

I agree, more camping gear is good. Can't wait to try out the 4 season tent and I learned a new way to set up a tarp cover, so looking forward to seeing how that works to block rain which forecast calls for quite a bit it appears. I have some screen to put over my windows so worse case, I sleep in my car lol. It's all good.

Latest posts