Ready, Set....Go List

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rowan, I prefer to think of you living in the South Wing of the castle [emoji16]

Your trip will take you real close to KY. If you come a little further south and the heat isn’t still sweltering I’ve got a nice camping spot if you want to stay a few days.

hey!  I will be heading into Ky, to visit two of my grandkids.  I'd love to visit your camping spot and hang out a few days.  It will be some time in September.

Should reduce that list down to the base essentials;
Lawyers, guns and money.
That's all that you really need according to the Guy Richie movie school of life philosophy. If that isn't part of your reality, you're not really living life, on the edge.
JK.
Maybe.

Great job on your write-up and info.
Am sure it will help allot of people.
But in defence of salt, stop blaming it for everything.
It never gets enough credit. Poor lump, never anybody to defend it.
JK.
Maybe.

Remember, lawyers, guns and money.
Just ask Walter.
White.
You know...

Hmph, Lawyers are for the schmucks who get caught.
JK
Maybe  :cool:

I do love my guns, finding baby sitters for them while I travel has been stressing me out.
Not Kidding
Maybe

ETA: (HISSS) Salt is evil! It has turned me into an oompaloompa

RowanFae said:
my guns, while I travel, has been stressing me out.
Not Kidding
Maybe

ETA: (HISSS) Salt is evil!  It has turned me into an oompaloompa

Only schmucks get stressed out while traveling with a gun. Why stress when you have lawyers, guns and money?

Oompaloompa? 
Add it to the list, don't wear super bright, colorful clothing and coloring your hair blue, else give the wrong impression.
We have a reputation to uphold here.
Instead, always look like you just survived the Apocalypse while smelling like pot.

And always walk softly and carry a big...
Carry a big...
Magnum.
Gallon of ice cream, it will help you cope with anything.

Rowan, PMed you my phone number and town. What town are your kids in here in Kentucky? I’m in Western KY and have a nice area cleared by my pond. It’s very peaceful down there.

Well if you aren't the sweetest thing C.

How nice of you to invite Rowan and all of us to Kentucky to live, I mean boondock, er visit.

Kentucky woman
She shines with her own kind of light
She'd look at you once
And a day that's all wrong
Looks all right
And I love her
God knows, I love her
Kentucky woman
If she get to know you
She goin' to own you
Kentucky woman
Well, she ain't the kind
Makes heads turn at the drop of her name
But something inside
That she's got turn you on just the same
And she loves me
God knows, she loves me
Kentucky woman
If she get to know you
She goin' to own you
Kentucky woman

Don't forget to post the location so we can arrive in time for dinner. Expecting some bluegrass, dueling banjos and the finest whisky...

Cammalu said:
Rowan, PMed you my phone number and town. What town are your kids in here in Kentucky?  I’m in Western KY and have a nice area cleared by my pond. It’s very peaceful down there.

Benton, KY 

You are really very sweet, thank you!  I look forward to meeting you :)

Rowan, Benton is about 100 Miles from me. Not far at all.

Minimoto I’d croak if everyone on this list showed up. I’m not that nice either [emoji16].

The Bluegrass jam is at an old barn near here in the tiny wide space in the road called Rosine. It’s free and every Friday night. I never go but could show you where to catch the dueling banjos [emoji16]

You really should look at a Ryobi 18 volt battery powered fan (they make a vehicle charger for the batteries) some will even mount on a 5 gallon bucket to mist water. In the long run it will save you money as they will run on the low setting for 8 hours or high for 4 hours and really put out a lot of air flow, just recharge the battery as you drive the next day.

Thank you, I will definitely look into that.  The Ryobi has been comes very recommended.

I was looking at the Ryobi fan and batteries thinking it was a bit expensive, then I considered that I was also looking at a Walmart fan, rechargeable batteries and charger and the costs were pretty close.

I'm definitely going to get the Ryobi. There are so many fun Ryobi 'toys' too.

And maybe 100 tools and gadgets that all use the same One+ battery line same for decades and they promise not to change

John61CT said:
And maybe 100 tools and gadgets that all use the same One+ battery line same for decades and they promise not to change

All a huge plus. I'm sold

We really liked the Ryobi desk lamp. The big box stores have a wire basket that is made to hange on peg board but we just drilled 2 holes in the wall where we could reach the switch from the bed, installed the basket and set the lamp in it at bed time.

Two more things you need: always have a stick when you hike, and always have a whistle. Just a regular ol' gym whistle. Because if you slip & break something on/off a trail, you could lose your voice yelling for help, or maybe you're by a raging river and no one can hear you shouting. But a whistle can be heard.

Good points.  I do have a whistle.  It and a swiss army knife hang with my keys on a lanyard I wear around my neck.  
Hey, some women carry makeup and manicure sets in their purse.  I carry whistles and multitools and water filters. 

Technically I don't carry a purse, I use a backpack, but still.

Whistle is tied on the chin strap of my hat. Fiunny story, I gave my 90 year old parents a coulpe as both are hard of hearing. My mom fell in the shower an cut her leg badly and couldn't get up by herself. She got dads attention by blowing the whistle I had left hanging from the hand rail in the shower. They called me up to ask me to get a few more!

I too visualize the “south wing” in a castle...don’t ruin our delusions ?

We just purchased the Endless Breeze fan made by fantastic fans and it really is fantastic. Runs off 12v. I don’t know what your power source will be, but the power draw is low and moves some serious air.