2019 RTR Information

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We've noticed that there is some confusion and concern about the lack of information on the RTR but now that the location has been finally settled on, we should be able to better answer questions.

Bob published a new video with information on  the location -

Here's a link to the location https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d33.649071!4d-114.145631

For everyone who cannot watch the video please read over these changes:

This years location is on land that is designated as NO CAMPING, which has several important changes for this year:
1) It means that you will not be allowed to camp there before or after the RTR because camping is only allowed January 9-20 at the RTR.
2) It also means that we will be operating under the stricter rules normally applied to campgrounds, although this is not a campground and is free. That means Quiet Hours will be in effect from 10:00 PM until 8:00 AM, enforceable by the BLM.
3) This year we are issuing the permits right at the RTR in a booth set up for that purpose.
4) This year we will have porta potties again, but for the first time, we will also have trash dumpsters.

I also copied and edited the transcript. I tried to keep it as close as possible to Bob's video but I eliminated some of the repeated information. Please ask for clarification of any of it is confusing. I'm going to keep this post as up to date as possible.

Video transcript:

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]"There are some big changes this year.
 [/font]

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] We're going to be very close to the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] old location and you can still camp in[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] the old location and walk to the new[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] location. That's a good thing. The bad [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]thing in that the new location is no[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]-camping and what that means is [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]that you can't get there[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] early. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]I got[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] a permit that means it's assigned to me[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] in this no camping area for the dates of[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] 9th through the 20th so if you go there[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] on the 8th and you camp there you're[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] camping on no-camping land and you're[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] breaking law. They can come and ticket[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] you and force you to leave.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]There will be volunteers camping there[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif].With all big events the BLM gives us[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] extra time before and after to go and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] camp and set up and so the way they[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] explain it is the people that we[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] designate as volunteers can[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] be there early and be there late so the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] danger is you'll see them there and you[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] think well they're camping there [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. We have a permit to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] be on no-camping land for those people[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
for that length of time and for the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] general population only through the 9th.
[/font]

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Now an announcement number two is[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] that the rules are going to be different[/font].
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]The RTR does not have any kind of  dues, no fees[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif], no registration except a permit[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] and it's free but there will be[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] different set of rules basically the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] exact same rules that apply to a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] campground will apply to the RTR [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif].[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] It's a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] campground essentially under the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] rules of a campground and the rules are[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] quiet times at 10 o'clock at night[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] to either six or eight in the morning.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]The way the BLM[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] put it to us there will not be a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] discussion. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Enforcement will be up to them[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] and it will have nothing to do with me. I[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] have no enforcement powers. We will call[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] them and they will do the enforcement[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. So that's the big thing. [/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Just generally all the rules will be[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] stricter especially noise rules. We'll[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] have music camp again. You will be out at[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] music camp and it will be the same thing.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] There are quiet hours or 10:00 to 8:00.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Again we don't care if you play your[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] music, we don't care if you run your[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] generator.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] You just can't bother other people[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif].That's really all we're asking in any[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]way shape or form is just be kind and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] considerate to each other.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]

Okay the next thing is the BLM has let[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] us known there will be pretty strict[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] enforcement of marijuana rules. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]A lot of states have made[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] marijuana legal or if you have a medical[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] marijuana card it's legal in[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] your state to have it with you[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]r possession.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] But it's illegal on federal land and we will[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] be on federal land and the BLM has made[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] it really clear to us that they will be[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] enforcing marijuana rules.

[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Another big change this year [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]is we are [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]issuing the permits. They want a much[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] closer knowledge of how many people are[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] there. They want to know that and the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] best way to do that is for us to issue [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]the permits. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]BLM rarely requires permits but all of[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Quartzsite does because it's so busy.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Usually it's a really busy area. They say[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] "We have to control this. We need to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] know where how many people are there and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
how much money we need to get for[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] enforcement."[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]We will[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] have a booth set up right at the RTR and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
you'll go to the booth and [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]one of our volunteers[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] will fill out the form and give you the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] permit.
I'll have another video[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] coming out very soon when we drive out[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] there and go into more detail.

Okay let's[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] talk about pets again as always in this[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] area in this area the BLM pets must be[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] on a leash you must pick up your dog's poop.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]

This year again there will be[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] porta-potties we will increase the [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]number because there will be more[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
of us. We'll have[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] dumpsters just like last year. We're[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] asking that you minimize your use of the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
dumpsters and the porta-potties. If you[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] have a rig with[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] holding tanks, black tanks please use[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] your rig and take it away. These things[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] are very expensive[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. We will spend $10,000 this year on[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] porta-potties and so we're asking that[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] you minimize your use. We will take[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] donations. Believe me $10,000 is a lot to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
come out of my pocket. We had a surplus of $500 after all of our[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] costs were taken into account, signs and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] all kinds of things. It just went into this[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] year and with a little luck we'll have a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] surplus again this year if not I'll just[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] pay it myself.

[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]We're looking[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] at the map [/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]here.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]This is Quartzsite. So you can see that[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Interstate 10 runs[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] here and there are two exits into[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Quartzsite. One is here at the Loves[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] truck stop. That's exit 17 and one is[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] here at exit 19. I do not recommend exit[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] 17 because the traffic on 17 going into[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Loves is much much worse.
 I[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] recommend that you get off over here at[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] exit 19.[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] This is Kuhn Road and there's a light[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] here and you'll turn down Kuhn Road.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] This is our frontage[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] road and it is really really terrible[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] paved road. It's worse than the [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]dirt roads and with my van[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] the faster I drive the better. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Most people are gonna crawl around long at[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] five miles an hour. Sometimes your van has good[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] suspension and you just ride over it the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] faster you go. You'll be right[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] beside the freeway when we shoot the the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] driving video you'll see it. [/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Actually wrong (on the map) this is not dome Rock [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Road this is Kuhn and there's a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] barricade here and you must stop and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] turn up Mitchell Mine Road.[/font] [font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Go up and [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]this is where the old RTR was[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] and this is where the new RTR is.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] You see they're very close.You can[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] easily walk from one to the other. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Some of[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] the washes are steep but if you just go[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] out to the road and walk over there it's[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] very very easy and also what we're going[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] to do this year is you'll probably[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] end up driving because  we're[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] not all going to fit in this area .You're[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] going to be parking further out and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] you'll be driving and we will leave[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] parking areas so that you can drive in.
[/font]

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Here has always been the Escapees. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]They were there[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] long before we started the RTR here [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]so I want us to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] respect the Escapees and not camp in[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] this area. You see where I'm circling[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] north of the road. You'll see the road[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] and not camp there. It's their spot. They want[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] to run their generators there. That's up to them.
[/font]

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]What else do I have to say?  Here this[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] this is going to be the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] main entrance.It will be this side here.[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
They had to come in with a bulldozer and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] actually enlarged it for us. It's still[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] going to be kind of hard if you have a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] big rig you might be better off camping[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] in the fourteen-day area. [/font]

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]In music camp this year you are[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] welcome to play your music just so long[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] as not everyone around can hear it. W[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]hat you doing the privacy your home[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] is no one's business but yours. In your[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] campsite it extends out then it becomes[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] everyone's business so that's very[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] important that everyone realize that.

[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]We're creating a little city here and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] one of the things we're going to do is[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] put in roads and street names so you can[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] identify where you are[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif].  We went and had a discussion[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] with a Quartzsite police and with the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
law enforcement officers at the BLM and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] they want to be able to get emergency[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] access in if someone has a heart[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] attack and needs an ambulance. We need to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] be able to get them in so we're going to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
assign orderly parking and camping and[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] that's really important. Again that will[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] only be here at the [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]new RTR site. It won't be at the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] old RTR site because we have nothing -[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] no control, authority or say about[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
that whatsoever. What you do over there[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] will be up to you.

Okay again let me[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] emphasize the rule from last year. There[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] will be no commercial activity. You can't[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
 sell things. You can't[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] do business. Everything has to be on a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] volunteer and a free basis. If it's a[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] commercial activity it requires a permit[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] and I'm sure it's way too late for me to[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] get a permit at this late date so no[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] permit no commercial activity - major rule.

[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]Also finally let me say come be prepared[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] for weather of any kind. [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] It could be surprisingly cold so[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
come be prepared for cold and for rain[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. It'll probably great weather. Generally[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] we have great weather  but be[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] prepared for anything[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif].

There is shopping in Quartzsite. Quartzsite[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] gets really busy this time of the year[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. Come fully stocked up. Nearest shopping is[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Walmart forty-five miles away at Parker[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] or [/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]eighty or ninety miles at Lake[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] Havasu or at Yuma. Blythe is to the west[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] at in California.[/font]

[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] 
We will do another[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] video of the drive out there and we'll[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] have GPS and all kinds of things we'll[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
hopefully make it and we'll have more[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] maps, better maps, for that. That will be[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
coming up probably next Monday and so[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] that's just the way it works now.

Thanks[/font]
,[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]I just hope you all come the[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif] RTR.  It's gonna be great[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]. There's going to be plenty of camping in[/font][font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif]
the RTR site and plenty of camping[/font]
[font=Roboto,Arial,sans-serif][color= var(--yt-spec-text-primary)] outside 14-day land."[/font][/color]

what are the "campground style rules" regarding personal campfires? every "campground" i have ever been in you had to use the fire rings provided.

will we be allowed to make a fire ring?

do they want us to break down the fire ring when we are done and leaving?

anything else pertaining personal fire rings and campfires?

Campfires will be permitted. Share if possible to keep the number down. Build a good fire ring away from any vegetation and disassemble it before leaving the RTR site.

Never leave your campfire unattended. Do not burn any native vegetation . You can buy wood in town. Do not burn pallets.

Here's the link for Bob's latest video: 

And for everyone who cannot watch the videos, I've copied and edited the transcript. I cut it down to include just the new information. It's kind of rough so if you spot any mistakes or are confused about anything please let us know.

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] This is Jude. Jude is the the beauty and the brains of the RTR. Jude is the one that makes the RTR happen [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]because we've grown so big that it's long since passed my capacity to comprehend it and[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]coordinate it so Jude has so kindly stepped in taking over the whole thing. I trust her so much[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]that over the over the couple last couple of years that I just do whatever she says.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) I am managing the RTR on site and I have been coordinating it[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]behind the scenes and I have been working with the BLM closely for the last several months so I have the scoop[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]on what's really happening with everything so I think we're gonna have some of those questions answered.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] Lots of people out there on other YouTube channels are telling you all kinds of things and none of them [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]know anything. We've barely even know anything and so please disregard anything you're hearing from [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]any other YouTube channel except this one. We are the only source of accurate information.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] I have some announcements I want to go over.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]  (Jude talking)We need volunteers. We really value and appreciate anybody who would really help us. We need[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]people anywhere, from people helping us assist in the button table, the free pile, runners, we need people to[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] help us set up prior to the RTR.  When we're setting up will need a range of people coming in but we do need[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] some real strong people because we we have a stage to put together. We have equipment that has to be [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]assembled and so we really do need some people that are able-bodied.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]We have a website that you can go to. It is [size=medium][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif][email protected][/font][/font][/size]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you have some kind of expertise in any kind of area whether it's construction or administration or organizing[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]it doesn't matter if you do or don't because there's a lot of ways to help. Just let us know as you're[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]emailing us so that we can kind of get an idea and then I will get back with you as far as volunteering.  I[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]will give you the information of what you need to know to show up, when to show up, and what we'll be doing.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]I do have some other announcements. We need more caravan leaders. We are definitely going to continue the[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]caravans after the RTR. They  will go for at least three more months and  I hope to go through the whole year and [/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]into the summer. None of that certain but we need more caravan leaders so if you would like to[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] a leader in the caravans we have a gmail account set up for that as well.  Write us at [email protected][/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] Just a reminder that the Women's Rubber Tramp Rendezvous is coming up as well. It's January 4th through 8th in Bouse.[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] We have a video coming out this week about the WRTR and all the information you need for it so stay tuned for that.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]  Slab City - now a lot of you are terrified by Slab City  but like any town in America there are bad parts and[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]there are good parts and if you stay in the good parts  you'll be as safe as you can be in any town in[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]America. This is just another town and we have reached kind of an agreement with the LOWs. The LOWs are loners on[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] wheels and they have a large compound. No one can own anything in Slab City because it's not private property. [/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]I think it belongs to the state. They have a large, pretty developed compound and their membership is greatly[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]  declining and they're actually afraid of losing this site because there are no people there -[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]it's cutting down just to a few people - so they are offering to us the opportunity[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] to go to the slabs  and they will waive the membership to LOWs.  They're also waiving the requirement that[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] you be single so you can go there. You have to pay 15 dollars for the year.  It's amazing what you get for your $15[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]. It's a great deal. It's safe and they've been in there for years. There are even a few of them, I believe, [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]that live there year-round. So if you are looking for a permanent place, if you don't want to have to move around, you [/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]don't want to ever worry about enforcement and being moved around by Rangers, you can go to the LOWs[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] compound at slab city and stay.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] We are going to have books and stickers at the RTR and you can get your t-shirts and stickers at[/font]
https://teespring.com/stores/cheaprvlivingstore

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif](Jude Talking) Okay, now I'll introduce my assistants. This is Maddie and this is Matt and [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] they are my field operations managers and my tech ops managers. They're the ones that are[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]gonna be running a lot of the technical stuff and kind of the logistics of whats going on. If you can't get a hold[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]of me - we three will have the same color t-shirts on - you can always go up to them and then they will[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]get to me or they may be able to answer the questions. I just wanted them to be in image so you can see[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] their faces and know who they are. [/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Let me just comment here that Jude speaks for me at the RTR. If [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]you're talking to Jude about the RTR, any question you have, she has my full authority to give any [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]answer, to do anything. I just trust her completely.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) I can't even tell you how much hard work they put into this. We've we've been working hard [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]behind the scenes.  We are such a large group and this is[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]what has taken a lot of the time. I don't think people understand there is a protocol that the BLM must [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]follow when large groups are using the the BLM land.  They have to have experts come in. They have to have[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]an archaeologist come in. They have to have a biologist come in and have engineers come in. They have to[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]assess that land so it's really really important that you that you understand that that we are stewards of this[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]beautiful land and we really really need to look at it this way and that is why it took so long. We really [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]just got our last final map Friday.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking)They've been generous with us. Last year we had 700 acres. I know there's[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] a lot of people that have been saying we have 50 acres or 200 acres. They have doubled what we had- [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] around 1,400 acres this year so and they are going to delineate where we can camp and what the [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]edge of that camping should be and we will again have signage. [/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] There was some miscommunication [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]between them and us about how much land that was going to be. Initially we thought we were going [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]to have a limited amount and it turns out they were giving us much more than we thought so I've[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]kind of given you the impression on my last video that it was limited.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) Okay so as far as registration goes we're actually going to be able to go in on the 8th instead[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]of the 9th. Registration means you must have a permit. The normal permit for the[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]14 days doesn't matter. Whether we're on special land or you're on regular BLM[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]land you still are relegated to those 14 days so you must have a permit and it[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]must be visible somewhere in your in your vehicle, usually in the front on the windshield, so the[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] BLM officers when they come through will know you have a permit. If you do not have a[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]permit they can fine you. Now usually they're pretty good about that but if they see you again without[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]a permit they will fine you so  we will have registration. What that means is they give us the [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]permits and we will be issuing the permits ourselves.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] You will get your permit and then you will just go find your camping spot. You can [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]come in on the 8th. I think we're gonna open up the registration at 9 o'clock in the morning [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]but don't come before that. You can line up. There is gonna be a line folks. There's gonna be [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]between five and ten thousand people - not that they'll all come at the same time but [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] please be patient because we do have to make sure everybody's permitted.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] Okay, I need a media person. This is kind of my own announcement. I'm gonna need a video [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]person. KC is gonna be so busy. She will not be my camera woman this year and the camera woman I had[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]last year isn't coming, She's doing something else this year so I need a video person to work [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]with me. It will be a paid position.  You'll have to learn my the way of doing things but if you[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]know cameras and and photography and you understand ISO and aperture and you know[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] all that stuff - not in-depth but enough to be comfortable email me at[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] [size=medium][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif][email protected][/font]
  and I will get back to you[/font][/size]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) We've kept the designated areas fairly simple. There's all obviously the main camp and[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]then there is an area for disabled camping and there is an area [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]for temporary parking for disabled so you don't want to camp in the area that's close in the main[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]camp. You want to be up further. There will be parking for the[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] day use or  evening event use as long as you're not parking in there all the time. It's[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]just a regular temporary parking spot.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] We will have the art camp which will be fairly close to the main camp and  we'll have the [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]music camp which will be further out because it's louder [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]We're keeping the camps very simple because as you meet people you may want to camp [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]with them and you may want to socialize and get to know each other.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]  (Jude talking) We will have three bulletin boards. One of the bulletin boards will be for all the information about[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]RTR - everything that's going on, any announcements that we make that we need to post, information[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] for emergencies. Another one will be for special interest groups and gatherings. If you[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]have something that you want to meet up with people, whether it's rockhounding, whether[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] it's taking walks, whether it's whatever, if it is meditation, you can post that gathering on the bulletin[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]board. The other bulletin board will be for items that you either want or services that you[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]want to gift for free to each other. The BLM doesn't really allow us to sell with its permit but we do[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]promote giving and sharing. The only thing that you can do is, say you have a little buddy heater that you're not[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]using anymore and you want to sell that or a cooler or something.  You can't sell a car or any big[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]items. These are small items that are one-time items that you're selling. It's not for businesses. It's just [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]people that are helping other people.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] Let me add that we will be selling things. We'll be selling my books and stickers. The permit allows us [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]to sell those things but if you don't have a permit, which will be everyone else, then you cannot sell [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]things there and that's why there is no commercial activity allowed but again just if you are[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]selling one thing to another individual that's not commercial activity. That's just you selling[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]something so no commercial activity.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Let me also add that the Homes on Wheels Alliance is going to be there and that's[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]the nonprofit, the 501 C 3 that my friends Sue Ann and I have started, and we will be there.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]We will be asking for donations because this is very expensive.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you want to make a larger donation you can make the donation to Homes on Wheels[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Alliance and get a tax deduction. You can't give a tax deduction if you give it directly to us but we can if[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]you give it to Homes on Wheels Alliance. They will be there and they will have a vendor permit to [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]operate there.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) I think I need to address this. Bob has always made this a free event and we all appreciate that but as [/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]we get larger our expenses go up. I'm the one that's doing the budget and I'm the one that has had[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] to get the vendors that that are coming in for porta-potties, dumpsters, and the equipment.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] Our budget is about $20,000 this year. The porta-potties alone are eleven[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]thousand dollars. The dumpster is at least a thousand dollars and if we have to dump it more than[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] twice it's $500 every time they come out and and put in another one in place so it starts to get[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]really really expensive. In the past our attendees have been very generous in helping us[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]meet the expenses so if there's any way that anybody can help with those expenses that would be a[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]wonderful thing. Again we are not charging but it does cost a lot of money to put this on and he is[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]footing the bill right now and so it's again if you are able to that it would be a wonderful thing if you are [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]not then no worries.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif](Jude talking) Will there be a shuttle bus running?[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] We won't be doing that but what we've had in the past were individuals who had minivans and[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] they offered to ride share. That worked out really well last year[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]We actually thought about renting a van and running it as a shuttle but it gets very complicated. You're[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]talking about liability, liability insurance, and the cost of the rental for a van alone[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]so we did look into it but it's just  something that we really can't do so at some point in the future [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]we'll we'll look into that again.[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] We did expand the parking. There should be a good deal  with parking for people to get to the[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] main camp.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]I think we addressed that there will be only two vendors.  Northern Arizona Wind [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]and Sun is coming in as a vendor. I don't know exactly the dates or the time or exactly[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]what they're going to do. I haven't gotten details from them yet but Northern Arizona Wind and Sun [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]are really experts on on solar. I believe they're gonna sell their stuff and let me announce now that [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] we are doing another coupon with them from January 1st through January 31st. Discount[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] code at Northern Arizona Wind and Sun  is RTR07 and you can get 7 percent off your entire order [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]except for clearance items and on sale items. Those don't count.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Homes on wheels Alliance will be there  as vendors and we'll be giving out information and[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]collecting money.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Will filming the seminars be allowed? We talked about that. I'll quickly say, yes, I'm going to allow[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]anyone to film my seminars but  mostly its individual people and it's their choice. [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]One is gonna be Jim Barnaby and if he says no you can't you can't film me then that's Jim's choice[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]and not mine. I will have each presenter say in the very beginning what you can or cannot do. Remember[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] this is their private content that they've created.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) Can you talk about generators for CPAP machines etc. hours and times of[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]days? Yes, good question. Okay, as far as most people with CPAP if they have a good battery bank, if they [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]can use their generator to charge it, and then it will run the CPAP.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you have to run your generator all night, if you have to do that, we can't prevent you from[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]doing that. We are asking you to be generator sensitive if especially in you're in the handicapped[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]area because of noise but it's also fumes which creates another problem for people with breathing problems[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]so we just have  to be very very sensitive to that and if there's a[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] way that you have batteries that will run the CPAP  try to do your best you can. If you have to[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] run it 24 hours I'm going to recommend you go out into the 14-day lamp because then those rules don't apply.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] (Jude talking) Can we have campfires? Okay, because we're on virgin land there not gonna be any camp[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]fire rings already. We are having a main campfire and you will be able to make campfires as[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]long as we don't have six thousand campfires. Maybe you guys can share.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] When you build them make sure you build them well. Don't build them near trees. Don't build [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]them near brush and they must be dismantled and the land must look like it was before[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]the campfire was there.  Please at night or anytime you have a campfire do not walk away from that[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]campfire unattended because in Arizona you can get a little dust devil that comes up and it'll blow [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]that fire 20 feet away so we have to be very very careful. You cannot burn local vegetation you have [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]to go into town and buy wood or you can bring your own but also absolutely no construction waste or pallets.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif](Jude talking) We believe nearly rig can get in. Maybe some of the  bigger ones are gonna have to  [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]be out in the old RTR because  we have one challenging wash.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]I think with some of the bigger rigs may you might want to check[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] it out before you try to go down in there. It's that first major wash and that's the only[/font][font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] one.[/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Miss red herring asked what about handguns? Let me just go over this real quick. Yes, this[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] is on BLM federal land. Handguns are welcome and the state of Arizona is is completely open to [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif] guns so, yes, you are allowed to bring your guns but like all guns on all federal[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]land common-sense rules apply there. [/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]We're not law enforcement officers, we're not the police, all we know is common sense, kindness, and[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]compassion. Don't shoot your guns, don't bring your gun out, I mean your gun[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]just shouldn't be out the RTR. You guys are a bunch of gun fans and I like guns.[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]I've nothing here against guns. I've got a concealed carry permit a permit and I'm[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]all in favor of your constitutional right to carry a gun. Don't write me[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]about that but we don't want your guns out the RTR and we don't want you[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]shooting anywhere near the RTR. It is is just that simple. That's not what this is for. There's[/font]
[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]plenty of times for that. This isn't one of them. [/font]

[font=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif]Think we'll stop. Thanks Jude, Matt, and Maddie.[/font]

Many, many thanks for posting the written transcript of the video.

With very limited data I really like being able to read what's going on!

Hello all!
 We have attended the RTR several times in the past and had a great time. Last year we joined Escapees and stayed at their location adjacent to the RTR and would walk over to the RTR and visit.  That being said, I just received an Escapees email stating that they were vacating that location and moving up north of Quartszite off of Plomosa rd. This should free up some more sites for those coming early and still be adjacent to the RTR permit area. Thank u Bob for the kind words about the Escapees.

That is a good flat spot with a lot of camping spaces for the larger RVs and people with trailers.

camp layout,

rtrworkingmap.jpg
click on picture and it will open a new window with a larger map. click on it again and it will enlarge it more.
highdesertranger

Attachments

• rtrworkingmap.jpg
    rtrworkingmap.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Bob's latest video:

The video shows the drive from Quartzsite to the RTR location so a transcript is not helpful but here's a screen shot of the  route.

Screenshot (2).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    221.6 KB · Views: 26
Bob asked us not to camp in the area the Escapees use, but I heard they will not be in that location this year. Can anyone confirm this? That would be a good place for big rigs.

I personally can't confirm it but I believe it was posted be a member. I will look into it and see what I can find. highdesertranger

edit, I just checked their calendar and there is nothing listed in that time frame. if anybody can confirm this please do.

I saw on their site that "Happy Hour" would be at another location.

Holy cow... there are a lot of rtr folks with big rigs that will find that a problem.

Also.... if that’s one way in and out then it doesn’t look like enough room for two vehicles at a time to pass each other.

At the boomers camp they were all parked to optimize the space for everyone so they could get a lot of rigs in there. That would be great to have a volunteer to “park” people.

They were all parked in a line perpendicular to the road. Since there will be so many people this might be something to think about to make it nice for everyone

thanks RVwandering. I guess that makes it official.

as a note there is more than one way in and out. however the other ways are 4x4 or all terrain vehicle tracks. not for the faint of heart. 2 of the tracks lead to the LTVA. a couple of years back I took the one headed due south with Timmy(Timotea) a couple of times I freaked him out he said "you aren't going down there are you" I said yep, I think his eyes were closed. highdesertranger

kygreg said:
Bob asked us not to camp in the area the Escapees use, but I heard they will not be in that location this year. Can anyone confirm this? That would be a good place for big rigs.

I posted it yesterday that the Escapees Boomer sight was vacated and they were moving up north of Quartzsite off of Pomosa Rd. If I was a little smarter I could post the email I got from Escapees. Last year at boomer sight we were backed in side by side at a slight angle to maximize space for large rigs. It didn't feel cramped.