Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooler today, 91 degrees at coffee time with a low last night of 51 degrees. A very nice day. I have yet to turn on the air conditioner as nighttime cooling is enough to keep it cool.
-crofter

62 degrees here at Bullfrog Utah, sunny with a slight breeze, still using the heater in the evenings in the low 40s.

It doesn’t seem like there’s a section for serious and not serious health problems on here. I’ve been suffering from severe nausea, vomiting and stomach pain (and it was burning) I have a mild ulcer but nothing like this. Spent a day in the hospital where they did nothing but give me a useless anti nausea. Vomiting stopped but nausea has stopped me functioning at all. I’m having an MRI and CT to see if the cancer went to my brain (no jokes please) or abdomen and on the 6th I’ll see a GI doctor to see if it’s my stomach. (Forgive me Desert Dude I can’t spell the Gastrointestinal well) This stomach pain is killing me and Zantac is now gone. Pepcid works for 5 minutes and nothing in the world works on the nausea. I eat giant Wintergreen lifesavers all day it’s all that helps with the nausea. Hence no weight loss.
Anyone else suffer from this? No I only eat two pieces of burnt toast a day and Ginger Ale adds to my sugar intake. Ugh.

Tried everything in the world I can think of. Only thing that works is not eating at all ( which my oncologist confirmed) and not drinking too much. The nausea is just hell on Earth and I’m a veteran at it and illness in general. Ginger ale not the pure stuff from health food stores is about it. God bless Canada Dry.
Oh and no this is not from chemo one of many reasons I won’t do chemo if my cancer returns. It’s a mystery.

Marijuana is amazingly fantastic at getting rid of nausea. Better than constantly puking.

@LERCA
You will want to follow doctors advice on that, nausea can have many causes some of which are serious.

Nausea can also be caused by an inactive gut. Not sure if that is your problem, you would notice absence of gut sounds and unproductive bathroom visits. Magnesium is great for normalizing your gut function.

Here is a link to Vital brands product which I use, available as over the counter supplement in many forms.
-crofter

https://www.vitalnutrients.net/triple-mag-250mg.html

High nineties midday temperatures in southern AZ but night temps cooling it down, last nights low 59 degrees. Time to start light daily watering if you have plants.

Its Good Friday! Someone on here asked how you do church on the road. One of my fave resources is this ecumenical site with the daily hours:  

https://www.missionstclare.com/english/index.html#misc

Thoughts and prayers for those who are suffering illness & trauma, and as we bear with eachother through the daily happenings and plights on the road.

A beautiful sunset last evening here, seemed to go on forever.
-crofter

So now we are getting some serious heat in southern AZ, high of 105 degrees, but a nice nighttime temp of 58 degrees. Yes I finally turned on the air conditioner today, its old but is still running a miracle in our time. I can keep a 20 degree temperature difference with insulation & without air conditioning. 

Well I am off to play.
-crofter

The degrees are ticking up on the acurite as I am sitting here cooling off. So far 97 degrees with a low of 64, I predict we can expect at least 103 degrees today in southern AZ.

Of course I have to be out and about in the heat, doing everything I put off yesterday. Last night was perfect, cool and a little breezy, nice.
-crofter

^
Where do you get your weather info? The Weather Channel shows only mid-90s for PHX.

78 now and 81 for a high in S.E. Arizona.

slow2day said:
^
Where do you get your weather info?  The Weather Channel shows only mid-90s for PHX.

78 now and 81 for a high in S.E. Arizona.
I am looking at the receiver for my accurite thermometer, temps are taken in the deep shade near my deck at elevation 141 feet. I am in southwest AZ: 20 miles from Mexico, and my temperature readings are always hotter than Phoenix (elevation 1,086 feet).

Its a good thing if temps are not as high where you are, and you are higher in elevation (2,389 feet) for cooler temps, looks like about 20 degrees difference today due to elevation.

Due to being inside so much this past year, I am having more of a time adjusting to the heat this year. Preparing to sweat, I am mixing up some electrolytes to take with me as I venture back out again. Break time over.
-crofter

I check the temp in Quartzsite every day of the year and I've been seeing mostly in the mid-90's the last few days. A little cooler today... the weather channel shows a high of 90, we will see.

Camper said:
I check the temp in Quartzsite every day of the year and I've been seeing mostly in the mid-90's the last few days.  A little cooler today... the weather channel shows a high of 90, we will see.
It would be great to have someone with a weather station posting actual readings at Quartzsite (879 feet elevation) so people know what to expect. Weather news provides predictions, and weather stations record actual readings.

My thermometer is two piece, and the receiver has a magnetic back so easy to stay put in the van when I travel. About $20 at Lowes. Link to supply catalog.
-crofter

https://www.lowes.com/pd/AcuRite-Di...UkCMTWketLk5iYS-ncRoCS7kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

crofter said:
It would be great to have someone with a weather station posting actual readings at Quartzsite (879 feet elevation) so people know what to expect. Weather news provides predictions, and weather stations record actual readings.
Closest NWS weather station to Quartzsite I found, listing current conditionz, was the Blythe Airport, which is lower in elevation. Link to data.
-crofter

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=33.6768&lon=-114.2171#.YGzXKbdlAwA

Felt hot today, 102 degrees with a low last night of 61. Still 100 at 5pm, will have cooling breezes this evening. 

Somehow our pool got polluted so I am catching up on my reading. Can diseases live in chlorinated pool water? I know covid cant, but what about other stuff like mersa, meningitis and STDs? We have teenagers taking over our 55+ pool and who knows what happens in there. Guess what I'm the older generation now.

Growing some herbs in a pot, the basil germinated the first day. Also growing chives and dill. I hope they like each other, could get crowded in that container.
-crofter

Clouds in the low desert of southern AZ keeping the heat out, today with a high of 90 degrees, low last night of 52.

First day I have watched any news for a while, congress trying to decide if women should receive equal pay for equal work. Just when you thought gender discrimination was already illegal for many years.

Then there's the driving while black crime being enforced by some police also illegal, and the crossover crime driving while female another illegal crime scary for late night female drivers. Then there's driving while senior, which I experienced shortly after turning 65. After turning right I was stopped, the officer said, because he could not see my turn signal. It was working, I was using it. He finally said oh there it is. I'm guessing he needed a fixit ticket for new glasses.
-crofter

Forgot to say what I'm doing today. Since tax day was postponed until May 17, I am not figuring taxes today.

Today continuing my sealing project at the S&B against scorpions. They can flatten their bodies and pass through cracks, so I am sealing the cracks with caulking. This also helps to lower cooling costs. So far I am about half done, I work on this project for a while every year.

I also use drum type light fixtures, so the scorpion will be trapped in the drum shade and unable to drop into the room. Scorpions are unable to climb up vertical slick surfaces like plastic. 
-crofter

Mild temps continuing in the low desert, high of 93 degrees with a low of 57 yesterday. 
-crofter

Right chilly here at Bullfrog Utah in the 40s with 70s during the day, when the wind blows it is a little cool but not enough that a tee shirt and shirt won't keep you comfortable in the afternoon.