Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For persons who have a lot of digestive issues of one type or another multivitamins are providing essential nutrients. After the age of 45 humans have a reduced ability to absorb nutrients from food. Multivitamins are very useful in keeping in robust health as you get older.

Many times children are very picky eaters and will not eat those essential nutrient vegetables. Some parents know little about what foods to put on the table.

A generalized statement that multivitamins are a waste of money does a disservice to the many who do benefit from them.

I take "supplements" which are basically targeted vitamins, & help me survive in this body. I am not as faithful in taking the multivitamin, clue is in the name "minimal and essential" by Vital brand. Also B-12 is available in shots.

I am pretty sure I have outlived my "natural life span" so this stuff is just getting me some more years on the tally.
-crofter

The monsoon is back with 69% humidity this morning & a low of 79 degreesF last night. High for yesterday was 109 F at 141 feet elevation in the low desert. Had a lot of wind noise overnight with this blowing in & will have to check for a loose screw up there somewhere.

Really big moon last night. Watching it rise over the mountains was just huge. Small pleasures are a gift.
-crofter

I noticedthis summer here in Northern Arizona the humidity is always increases at night and unless raining descends in the day time.

Not sure that is specific to moonsoon season or just related to temperature changes. I have not bothered to investigate. I just kno that w I am very pleased to have moist air to breath at night and dry air when it is hot outside. It certainly helps my sinus and lungs and skin health not having low humidity 24 hours of the day.

I will have to check that out. Last night before the blow humidity was a dry 16 percent, usually have at least 23 peecent humidity here. But night winds in this part of the desert are not uncommon.
-crofter

Fall was my favorite time to canoe travel. In 2012 I did a forty day trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (August 20th to September 28th). But as September rolled on it seemed that every morning the dew was worse as the season changed. If I was picking up and leaving it was best to tear down by 5AM before the dew was too bad. And not even have the kitchen fly up. Towards the end of the trip it was heavy frost. Haha. I’m coming down to get away from the damp... haha. (My skin is a hopeless case.)

A new low 67F degrees last night in the low desert. Very nice. Also some rain.
-crofter

High temperature 100 degrees briefly with clouds, low of 76 last night in the low desert at 141 feet elevation. If this year is any guide, it would seem that dwelling in the low desert is possible for 6 months max from late OCT to MARCH, then departing for higher elevations and cooler temps elsewhere.
-crofter

Its porting day!!! Going really fast today.

I have discovered 5 bars at T-mobile on Araby Road, Yuma previously a dead spot.
-crofter

THE GOOD WEATHER IS BACK!!
Yesterday's high temperature was 95 degrees and breezy most of the day in the low desert at 141 feet elevation. The overnight low around 70 degrees F, for those who are chasing the 70s.

Strange dream that I had a house on a freeway exit and someone drove their truck thru it. Fortunately someone called & woke me up out of that strange dream.

People getting excited about covid pills, but do check the side effects some are reported to attack and change your DNA, never a good thing. To be on the safe side just get the jab, or don't, no effects on your DNA. 
-crofter

I got my high dosage senior Flu vaccine last week. Just posting to say I got zero adverse reactions to it. No sore injection area on my arm, no sick or tired feelings, no fever either.

Now I just hope they guessed corretly as to which of the possible variations of Flu is going to be the most likely this year.

@maki
Thanks for letting us know. Now I can stride into the pharmacy with my sleeve confidently rolled up.

Currently helping out someone who is quite ill, but I must remember to take care of myself too.
-crofter

Shockingly it has been three months without my usual blather about temperature readings on the low desert. We are in the grips of winter with last night's low at 46 degrees and nearly 70 degrees for a high today Dec 25.

Got nicked by the west coast moisture stream currently pouring in and had an overnight rain. Hopefully the low water situation will start to improve at the reservoirs, fingers crossed.

Last post I was thrilled about my TMobile which lasted for a few months, then no service. I tried a cell spot and still failure. Not sure if it is a fixable problem or a permanent change due to other infrastructure in the area. I had saved my old phone & that worked on ATT so only out of order for about three weeks while I figured all that out.
-crofter

There sure was a lot of wind in Sierra Vista. Luckily not as dusty as Tucson or Phoenix, but some super ridiculous wind speeds.

I've been in Albuquerque almost 8 months now and I was warned about how windy it was here. In comparison to Sierra Vista it seems like dead calm most of the time. They haven't got a clue here about what windy weather really is.

LOL! In Tucson pulling out my Samurai's transmission to replace with a new one, should have known that would make it rain. Laying in a puddle on Christmas Day!

That sucks! But after you're finished you'll be good to go. When you dry off and warm up you can almost pretend it never happened...

The monsoon is back with 69% humidity this morning & a low of 79 degreesF last night. High for yesterday was 109 F at 141 feet elevation in the low desert. Had a lot of wind noise overnight with this blowing in & will have to check for a loose screw up there somewhere.

Really big moon last night. Watching it rise over the mountains was just huge. Small pleasures are a gift.
-crofter

Vitamins are yucky!
Like stinky feet.
We have a stare down on the table for a while before I muster up the bravery to take them.

I agree, small pleasures are a gift. And that's one of my most favorite, it can also be very romantic for two🤗💖

So true about the small pleasures. My fave is looking for constellation Orion.

I invested in some LED christmas lites. They have proven to have a mind of their own and you never know when they will come on for a while. Very bright & cheery to see in my space.
-crofter