Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please be sure that your in store Rona test site is properly credentialed. The 25 second video link below shows how testing can go very wrong.

sensitive ears be cautioned that they do say the whole wtf briefly.

The Canadian border is opening to USA vacinated travelers on August 9, 2021. A test for Covid is required within 72 hours of going into Canada, the test must be done at an authourized facility.

You do need to go to the official Canadian websites for instructions and forms that need to be downloaded as you do not want to waste time and money on information from unreliable sources. The same will be true when reintering the USA.

I am not making any attempt to state all that is going to be required for these upcoming border crossings. Just letting you know that it is happening and when.

Cool.. I always look forward to the Perseid shower coming by. I never get any great displays but I keep an eye out!

In other news...lol.. may be old news to some..was new to me. Actually to read this official CDC document was alarming.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/global-covid-19/shielding-approach-humanitarian.html

If this plan is ever implemented it's not going to go over to well.

" limiting contact between individuals at higher risk of developing severe disease"

"High-risk individuals would be temporarily relocated to safe or “green zones” established at the household, neighborhood, camp/sector or community level depending"

RV wondering, that is the whole problem in a nutshell, it’s political. If medical science was applied without the political crap we’d all be a heck of a lot better off. I understand you’ve got to keep the political crap out of here but hey this is a political hot potato. Our modern way of Pardison handling of health issues he’s going to be the death of us. Literally. Both sides of the fence are guilty. and there’s no doubt that there’s more of this kind of health risk coming sooner rather than later. Now here’s for a controversial statement. The Bible tells us that this is what happens in the end times, the corruption and the plagues.

Sorry I missed the discussion, please stay uot of politics when discussing any health condition.

@nature -yes I too think of the corona virus as a plague and I have to say it has improved my prayer life.  -c

Here is an article on breakthrough infections. Conclusion that vaccine gives you 96% chance of cheating death if you get sick with DELTA after being fully vaccinated. For the other 4 % better wear a mask. Yes masks are coming back (they were only shed here for about 2 weeks). To your health.
-crofter

https://www.healthgrades.com/right-...nfections-what-to-know?cid=63emHLN080921COVID

@desert sailing
We had clouds for the Perseids so missed it. We are having quite a monsoon this year so those winter visitors may have more flora & fauna to enjoy.

From the Sonora desert at 141 feet elevation:  Temperatures are lower due to cloud cover: may still show daytime high temp at 107 degrees but is much later in the day and not as long lasting. Low temps are in the 80's in the low desert (at 141 feet elevation). Ground (soil) temperatures are dropping and my free hot water from the in ground water system is reduced to lukewarm.

I did hear a report of being at 300% of the usual monsoon precipitation and today there is still standing water left from last nights deluge.
-crofter

Link to CDC data tracker for covid 19, goes to county level. You can also have emails sent to you from your county health department to monitor your risk locally. This month we are up to 100 cases again locally (county health department information), due to DELTA and immigration factors (IMHO).
-crofter

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations-county-view

The CDC data says my county is at high risk with about 60% of the population fully vaccinated.

Today's high temperature was 102 degrees at 141 feet in the low desert, breezy and some cloud cover from time to time. Overnight lows in the 80's.

Pretty nice sitting outside this morning, but afternoons are still really too hot without air conditioning or other cooling. There are lots of free places for midday cooling, my fave is always the hardware store.
-crofter

Here at Bullfrog, Utah we got wind gusts up to 40 MPH, lightening, thunder and three hundred and eighty seven rain drops that took 8 minutes to completely dry up. So much for this summers monsoon!

Haha Crofter. I like hardware stores also and find myself in Lowe’s, Home Depot and Menards when I don’t really need anything at all.

So here is a health issue related posting. I recently had a peniciian resistant dental abcess so I was treated with. A very strong broad sectrum antibiotic. That did clear up theonfectoon but of course mesed up my digestive track. I took lots of probiotics, did not have C-diff but was not getiing back to normal 20 days after i was. No longer taking antibiotics but still taking pro biotic supplements. So I looked at some research studies and several of them indicated that giving fiber along with the probiotics got better results than just probiotics alone. Fortunately. I had some nutrition fiber supplement on had in my pantry as it helps me treat quickly treat signs of dehydration. So I mixed the fiber powder into a yogurt that is high in probiotics, let it sit for a half hour so that the yogurt bound somwhat into the fiber. That actually worked overnight and I was back to normal. I will do that once a day the rest of this week for extra insurance of normal gut health. Very glad to have my energy levels coming back up now,I am no longer feeling ill. A very simple and cost effective change to make to speed up returning the digestive track back to normal; fiber plus probiotics. It seems to help time release the probiotics instead of them quickly being passed out of the intestinal track. It does the same thing with liqid intake which is why it helps with dehydration and constipation.

Good information maki, thanks for the health tip. Altho I have had kefir, I have not thought to combine fiber & the yogurt probiotic.
-crofter

It has been heating up in the low desert (141 ft elevation) yesterday had a reading of 120 degrees on the van climate thermometer about noon. Cooled to 85 degrees by 4am.

Warning of a visit from Nora midweek, expect wind & flooding in the southwest by the time it gets here may be carrying a little less rain. The storm is expected to track up the Gulf of California. Link to advisory.
-crofter

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPEP4+shtml/271435.shtml

Good Morning! & a happy weekend to ya, woke up to storm coming in and by 6am had lightning strong enough to rattle the floorboards. Ran around unplugging stuff and hope I was in time, though the TV was froze with an odd looking picture on it. Resetting all the electronics will give me something to do this afternoon.

Currently have water running past the door.

Though there is not an alert out for this one in AZ the low desert at 141 feet elevation, I would advise to be careful with your electronics and around those pesky dry washes till Nora is all done later this week. The weather forecasters say Nora will track thru Tucson, but local lore says that big storms entering the Gulf of California follow the low lying landforms and hit the low desert and not the higher elevations.

As they say, its all good. The tree did NOT get struck and is soaking up all the good rain. Currently a humid 84 degrees in the low desert (at 141 feet elevation) and expecting a high around 107 degrees if the clouds move out.
-crofter

Another Nora pic (cat 1 hurricane). So far it has been raining here steadily for 6 hours, still lightening but not as violent. Looks like the clouds are hitting the jet stream north of the AZ state line and funnelling both east & west.

Plans are cancelled for the day. There must be a good book to read instead. BTW I understand there is a monster storm paralleling Nora on the Gulf side of Mexico name of Ida.
-crofter

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G17&sector=tpw&band=08&length=12

Pic showing twin storm Ida (cat 4 hurricane) on the right.

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/ABI/SECTOR/eep/02/GOES16-EEP-02-900x540.gif