Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Todo said:
Gorgeous 70s today in NoVA (DC area).
Sounds nice. Super hot at 114 degrees, finally down to 102. Glad I have a super cold air conditioner in the van, it makes it bearable. 

Putting off most of the outside work, currently only a few hours a day that you can accomplish anything outside. Usually this level of heat does not start until after the 4th of July, a few weeks early this year.
-crofter

Much nicer day today, at noon its 102 degrees that's 10 degrees cooler than yesterday and last nights low was cooler too at 87 degrees. Next week is forcasted to be back to "normal" with highs of 108 degrees or less.

I am still hydrating after the pouring sweat off yesterday. Took me all day yesterday to do about 3 hours work, with chill its and cooling breaks included. More break time than work time. Success, Mom is able to get her car out of the driveway again after the quake.

Time for more water & electrolyte drink to get that nice lite color.
-crofter

The only Pacific NW areas that are currently hot are east of the Cascade mountains. That is typical during the summer.

The Olympic Peninsula weather and the coastal areas are in the 70s for a high which is slightly warmer than normal for June. But is not at all a health hazard.

@maki
Glad to hear you are keepin it cool. FYI Post 380 in this thread has a link to the heat advisory map, and is updated while the alert is still active. Expected to expire on Monday.

NWS Heat advisory map currently shows areas of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, CO, UT, NV, CA, AZ, NM, TX under the advisory. I'm sure NWS would be glad to know the heat advisory should expire, if you let them know in their comments.

https://www.weather.gov/Contact

High today was 112 degrees here (AZ) and is cooling down to 111 degrees now. Keepin it cool today & got my hydration back on track after a touch of heat yesterday.
-crofter

High of 111 degrees today in the low desert at 141 feet elevation. Overnight lows still in the 80s. 

Summer siesta time has officially begun in the low desert. I have a few outside projects going on, but nothings getting done. If I get motivated I will switch to night shift for cooler temps.
-crofter

So now we have the more deadly lambda variant.

Jumped from delta to lambda.
It's a counter .... wait till we jump to omega.

The virus is mutating in response to a hastily manufactured "vaccine" that doesn't stop anything but taught the virus tricks to become stronger.

Funny that some people think they can beat mother nature. She just gonna punch harder and harder.
Society works so hard to sustain the weak. A race to the bottom.

Amy guesses when we will jump to epsilon variant... I give it a month.

Getting the world vaccinated or waiting till everyone has had it and either died or developed enough natural antibodies which probably won't protect them as much as the vaccine from the variants will mean avoiding people, masking and hand washing will be needed for years. Covid has killed more people than have died in many wars. When I went in service they didn't ask me if I wanted vaccinated, my shot record was two pages long almost. I don't understand why people can't view this as a war we are loosing and do what they can to help defeat this disease by getting a vaccination. This disease is killing lively hoods and people, we need to fight back instead of letting our economy be put in the hands of fate.

Most of us are aware that antibiotic resistance occurs when a bacteria is not eradicated. Pathogens get stronger and adapt to halfast " cures".. or whatever term is preferred.
Is it inconceivable to have vaccine resistance as we have antibiotic resistance?

Are the 30% of unvaccinated Americans the fault of the global mutations or is it the 60% of UNVACCINATED in the EU...or the 90% UNVACCINATED in Africa?

Economies adjust and are merely a social construct. What is needed/wanted today is not likely to be here tomorrow. In a free economy there is no such thing as too big to fail. Businesses that fall to evolve need to be gone. Just as we should not pay to sustain the weak. Let the natural order lead the way. Anything less is a race to the bottom.
Should taxpayers continue to pay bailout Starbucks?? Or should they be "darwined" out?

Did we have a rescue bailout for horse carriage companies when the automobile came out?

Anyone know how much in bailout money was distributed during the Spanish flu??

All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall, seems history has been forgotten probably because of our failure to educate. It took the world to win World War II. It will take the world to defeat this disease. In the end it took an experimental bomb to end War World II. With Covid it will take the experimental vaccine in my opinion. Too bad we weren't able to support and develop the United Nations and World Health Organization to where things like this could be dealt with much more quickly, before it kills millions more.

People trying to control the natural order is like trying to get a forum to increase the allowable edit time and change the policy to suit a specific moment.,purpose, or person.

^^^If anyone is old enough and remembers some of our lost values "oops there goes another rubber tree plant!" Lol!!! Please everyone consider getting vaccinated. Thank you.

Big Yellow Taxi
by Joni Mitchell

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel *, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum *
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Hey farmer farmer
Put away that DDT * now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Late last night
I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi
Took away my old man

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

© January 7, 1970; Siquomb Publishing Corp

Thanks for that blast from the past, more than 50 years ago. When I return to the place I grew up it is paved over and most natural elements are gone. Cars, cars, cars.

Looking at land in OR, if you check the property history you will find a sale for about $30k in covid times (2019), then inflated price after January 2021. The inflation ranging from a hundred thousand to a million clams or so. That is profiteering- making a profit from another person's hardship. If everyone's doing it must be OK, or so they say, and is why more people live in the street now.
-crofter

Yes I know taxes are high also, and the taxes are listed along with the record of price history. Like a bumpkin I was going along during the covid eviction moratorium and not thinking that these same bankers were getting their pound of flesh in a new way. 
-crofter