Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cammalu said:
Of course I didn’t Crofter nor did a million other police.  I’m just saying you can’t blame all for the bad few
Well I'd hire you then.
-crofter

I am not for 1 minute doubting anything said here. Bad cops are evil and administrations who back them up are evil. We don’t need to defund the departments we need to defund the bad cops in the bad administrations. So does anybody have statistics on how many times this drug has been used? ComPaired to how Many similar arrest were made without it.Now I know I’ve been out of the news loop for a few months, since the election anyhow but I have not ever heard of this drug.

my experience as an EMT goes back many years ago when such things weren’t around. We did have a couple police officers bring some drunks in who were disorderly claiming they fell down the steps. After this happened the third time in a period of a month or two hour emergency room administrator met with the police chief and there were some officers lost their jobs.

I have a son who is a paramedic with with the Hershey Medical Center, Penn State University in Hershey PA and I wasn’t able toTo get a hold of him but I wanna know what he has to say.

When I was an EMT in Harrisburg Pa on ambulance and in the er I worked night shift and I worked with many many fine police officers. Not only work with them but visited with them in their homes knew their families and I know the ones that I was friends with were excellent people. I also know that there were a few jerks around who I had nothing to do with because they were jerks. Now you’re getting administration that order officers behave badly and they I have to choose between their livelihood feeding their family and obeying the chief. It’s a hard decision but I’d like to think I would make the right one and tell him go hang it up somewhere buddy. Or at least go over his head and go to the city Council. Shining a light on this is the only way to deal with it.

Any kind of police abuse brutality corruption has to have the light shined on it. And then we cut out the dead wood. All easier said than done but there ain’t no other way to do it. Some of you may think I’m too soft here but I did have in my experience several PCP hi patience and I might’ve been tempted to use something like this truck to protect myself and all the others around us. I hope I wouldn’t of but if you’ve never been there think about it. There might be a few cases were something like this is necessary. But it ain’t many of them. I might be on popular for bringing up some defense of the police. But I’d like to restate that I will not defend anybody like the man who killed Mr. Floyd or people who use these kind of chemical restraints irresponsibly were those who racially profile etc. there is no excuse for bad policing. You may think I went out but I can only imagine what it’s like to live in a world without police. I don’t even wanna think about it. IMHO

Its in the 80s and sunny in southern AZ. Not too much to report. Birds are singing, flowers blooming.
-crofter

Really nice here in Bullfrog, except seasonal workers and visitors are starting to show up. Should be lots of excitement with very low water conditions watching wake board boats plow into sand bars and rocks!

That sounds like rough sledding!!

Is the low water due to drought or water management?
-crofter

Both, the cool weather is allowing the snow pack, what there is of it to melt slowly and the dry ground is absorbing most of it, all of the areas on the Colorado River are well below normal.  The Colorado River Compact allocated water based on much higher flows than actually occur so the reservoirs have to make up the difference.  We started out this year over 100' down and already lost over 30' more over winter just to meet those allocations. Big agriculture is the largest user and most of that is nut trees in southern California which is shipped over seas. The big problem is we are indirectly selling our water to foreign countries although pumping waste water back into the ground can go a long way in solving most of the problem long term. Meanwhile there are several problems starting to raise their ugly heads short term.

I noticed that AG in Yuma has already switched from veggies to hay/ grain a little early. Gonna be a hot one without water.
-crofter

RE our sociology class on the other thread.
Sounds like we have an interesting group made up of white supremacists and tolerant people, plus everyone else. You will run into all these people in the woods, so good to know what is going on in people's heads & how to deal.

Although some deal by staying in the rig 24 /7. That is my day today, practicing my card game on the computer until I have a blister on the end of my finger. Not quite ready for prime time. 85% wins out of 431 games, 1648 hands.
-crofter

Back home, a lot of the water resources are still under the control of agricultural interests who were awarded them during the old plantation days of sugar cane and pineapple. Those days are over and no commercial sugar is produced and only a fraction of the pineapples (some, like the Dole plantation up in Wahiawa on Oahu are strictly for tourists). However, those companies or their successors still control the water in many areas and sell it back to the water districts at top dollar. The government is finally moving on changing that is some areas after dragging their feet for decades due to cronyism... About time too.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/03/17/state-commission-rules-end-diversion-kauai-stream/

Cheers

In Yuma County we have a desalinization plant for when things get dry. IMHO at that point its time to shut it down and haul water.
-crofter

crofter said:
RE our sociology class on the other thread.
....You will run into all these people in the woods, so good to know what is going on in people's heads & how to deal....
Just so you know, when I was approached by campers who felt uncomfortable with their neighbors in this type of gathering, I did everything as camp host to find them a new spot away from that group, even in a different campground. There is a lot that camp hosts can do to make your stay safe and comfortable, so don't be afraid to ask. The host will help you out.
-crofter

Hi,

What I've found that works for me is D3 according to your weight etc and B-complex, that really gives me the energy for the day. I've read many places it's better to take both with food.

The VA prescribed a D supplement for me that I take w food. The NP who prescribed it stated that about 70% of her patients are low in it. I spend a lot of time in the sun, drink whole D fortified milk, and eat full fat Greek yogurt (you need the fat to absorb D since it's a fat soluble vitamin vs C which is water soluble) so that's got me puzzled.

Cheers!

backforty72 said:
Hi,

What I've found that works for me is D3 according to your weight etc and B-complex, that really gives me the energy for the day. I've read many places it's better to take both with food.
Can you give us more info about B complex & if there is a brand or source that is good.

Sources I use are

Wellevate in Vermont. https://wellevate.me/

DrAxe expensive but effective. https://draxe.com/

Sprouts local store. https://www.sprouts.com/
-crofter

So nice today 95 degrees and sunny in southern AZ.  Great to be able to go to church again, though no singing or chanting still. 

Will spend the afternoon pulling weeds & doing cleanup around the place. Looking into a security system for the summer, will have to figure out what works with the temperature variations here. 
-crofter

Another nice day in southern Arizona, 97 degrees was the high.

I have found a nice fizzy electrolyte packet at Sprouts, by Emergen-C:  Electro Mix lemon lime 10 calories has no sugar. You will want to drink part of your water bottle to make space for the fizz.
-crofter

crofter said:
Another nice day in southern Arizona, 97 degrees was the high....
With a low of 53 degrees nighttime temperature in southern AZ, dwellers with natural cooling will probably need a shady cool spot during the daytime from noon to 7pm when it cools below 90 degrees.
-crofter