Calling all nomads in the East

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kristalsdreamtrip said:
Hey what if I'm right on the mississippi River? In memphis? Anyone close by? I could really use some help( mostly advice) on my van build. Im a new full timer and altho Ive been living in my van, I plan on making my first real trip to galveston, tx, then on to corpus Christi then back over to mobile alabama. I plan to follow the entire coast east from there until I end up at Niagra falls. I would love to take part in any gatherings in the fall on the east coast.

Hi Kristal,
We are still in the planning phase for the East Coast caravans/camp togethers which we hope will begin in Florida in mid November 2021.
May I suggest the facebook page "we camp together", maybe you can meet up with some folks there. That page is affiliated with HOWA/CRVL
If you are in the north or central part of Florida this fall/winter we are planning on having groups then
Good Luck!!

Hello All,
Direct quote from Bob in todays live feed: "planning on opening caravans in October"
Still planning for mid November in Florida for Eastern Nomads.

Until then there are other options:
Caravans (Pahrump, NV) | Meetup  Virtual meetings with other nomads

Facebook Group: We Camp Together

This forum (gatherings) plan your own Camp together (just friends getting together), not a HOWA or CRVL event

One more thing I would like to mention is the Emergency Fund:
If you find yourself with some extra $$ and would like to help another Nomad in need please consider a donation. Donations of any size quickly ad up to make lives better!

donation link: Donate – Homes on Wheels Alliance

Application for assistance link: Emergency Fund for Nomads – Homes on Wheels Alliance

BREAKING NEWS!!!!  :)

Per Suanne Carlson** HOWA will begin IN PERSON caravans October 3,2021!!!

Still planning on camp togethers in the Eastern US beginning mid Nov. 2021
Cant wait to get this party started  :thumbsup:

"Still planning on camp togethers in the Eastern US beginning mid Nov. 2021"

Will this include the week of Thanksgiving at a National Forest in Florida?

Hello Everyone,
HOWA has announced that in-person caravans/camp togethers will begin again in October. The first groups will meet in Nevada Oct. 6th, 2021.
Info can be found at Caravans 2021-22 – Homes on Wheels Alliance

I would like to invite you to the first East Coast Caravan/Camp together beginning November 21st, 2021. This first meeting will be a planning and brainstorming session in an effort to organize caravans covering the Eastern US. The first group will be limited to only 10 rigs. I know that seems very limited but my hopes are that this initial group will grow into many small groups. 
If you would like to be involved in the initial planning group please send me a private message with any thoughts you may have. By October 15th I will send the coordinates to 9 people who have replied. 
Please understand that the initial group must be limited until that group gets a schedule together, etc.
My hope is that the first group will split off and become 2 groups, those 2 will split and become 4, etc. (adding new nomads as we go)

So if you are interested in being a part of the initial planning group please send the private message asap.
Thanks!!

I am not full time til 2023, so I won't take a spot that those who are currently full time should have for planning. Will there be a gatherings for random campers Thanksgiving week?

GypsyJan said:
I am not full time til 2023, so I won't take a spot that those who are currently full time should have for planning. Will there be a gatherings for random campers Thanksgiving week?
Will send you the email

Just like the time Bob and Suanne came to Florida the timing is just wrong for me. The little bit of time I have with my family is important and Thanksgiving is one of those days. And My Social Security comes on the third so my plan right now is to leave for Florida on 3 December. I probably can’t be at any of your meetings but I want to be positive about what you’re doing. Keep those of us who can’t be there updated please.

Naturelover
We may very well still be there when you are on your way out of Fl. Hard to leave Florida without going by or at least being close to the meeting spot.
The plan is for the group to begin to gather on the 21st and like the western caravans people can come and go as they wish.
I am just trying to limit the group to 10 at any given spot/day
If you have a chance please stop in for a day or two, I can send you the info PM if you would like

vgilbert said:
Hello Everyone,

I would like to invite you to the first East Coast Caravan/Camp together beginning November 21st, 2021. 
 I would love to attend but as it will be my Mom's first Thanksgiving in assisted living, I feel it's important to be there for her. Hope it goes great!

Firebuild said:
 I would love to attend but as it will be my Mom's first Thanksgiving in assisted living, I feel it's important to be there for her. Hope it goes great!
Hello,
Planning on being there throughout the month of December. You are welcome to come later, please let me know a few days prior if you plan to come byThanks!

I should get to North Florida about the beginning of November would love to do a meet up.
I'm in central New Jersey working down the coast.

scottrod31 said:
I should get to North Florida about the beginning of November would love to do a meet up.
I'm in central New Jersey working down the coast.
Great! I just sent you a PM

I live in the NE and FL is a little too far south for me right now. But i would love do join/help with one of these.

Ripper238 said:
I live in the NE and FL is a little too far south for me right now. But i would love do join/help with one of these.
I will be posting any updates to this thread. The hope is that Caravans will spread in the Eastern US

This is my first day on this sight. Just bought a transit connect van and want to convert to camper. I live in Fl. And would love to join this group in November.

Latest posts