New to the community.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth Osbon

Reaction score
My name is Seth Osbon and my puppy's name is Ruby. Currently in Indiana. Living in my pickup truck with a camper shell on it. Would like to know where I can go to join the caravan and meet all you wonderful people. Have watched many of Bob's videos and have decided to become a nomad and live and love life.

My name is Seth Osbon and my puppy's name is Ruby. Currently in Indiana.
Hi Seth! Welcome to the Forum. I'm also in a pickup with a cap. Caravans start in October. There is a chat room open tonight if you want to stop in. Link is somewhere around here, lol. I'll find it.

Hi Seth! Welcome to the Forum. I'm also in a pickup with a cap. Caravans start in October. There is a chat room open tonight if you want to stop in. Link is somewhere around here, lol. I'll find it.
Thank you, super excited to meet all these wonderful people and make new friends

all of HOWA'S caravans are arranged on meetup,com Free to join plus you can find people with other interests similar to yours in your local area or wherever you wind up. Also check the HOWA website

Head to Pahrump Nevada in October. That is the starting point of the caravans. People will begin gathering even before the official start date as HOWA is concurrently that month also doing a charitable, but only by formally arranged by application, BYOV (bring your own van) upgrade your build event. So there will be a whole lot of people from this forum hanging out in the BLM dispersed camping areas. That area is pretty much adjacent to the northside of the town of Pahrump.

Head to Pahrump Nevada in October. That is the starting point of the caravans. People will begin gathering even before the official start date as HOWA is concurrently that month also doing a charitable, but only by formally arranged by application, BYOV (bring your own van) upgrade your build event. So there will be a whole lot of people from this forum hanging out in the BLM dispersed camping areas. That area is pretty much adjacent to the northside of the town of Pahrump.
When in October? And is this where the RTR is?

We'll be in Pahrump early in October...........you're welcome to visit

The RTR is expected to be like last year.......Camping on BLM land and events at the Quartzsite Town Ballfield in January

There is a section in this forum where the HOWA non profit group ie, “Homes on Wheels Alliance” post updates for information on their activities such as the caravans. They also have a Facebook page and a website.

I am posting from my phone so I am not going to be providing any direct links to you in this posting.

Good copy, TM
Moving that way now Via Ft. Wayne, Indiana.
I'm scared and excited at same time. Hoping they will like me and accept me.

We'll be in Pahrump early in October...........you're welcome to visit

The RTR is expected to be like last year.......Camping on BLM land and events at the Quartzsite Town Ballfield in January
Thank you, working my way there now from northeastern Indiana excited to meet all of you really hoping to meet Bob. Watched some of his videos and think the world of him.

Good copy, TM
Moving that way now Via Ft. Wayne, Indiana.
I'm scared and excited at same time. Hoping they will like me and accept me.
What’s not to like or accept? Not a lot to fear either because for HOWA staff and followers there is an essential expectation of behavior which is to be kind to everyone. So acceptance is therefore immediate from the very first exchange of greetings if you too follow that behavior.

Of course on any road trip there may be concerns about car troubles, difficulty finding camping spots, etc. Finding camping spots is just another skill set that can soon be learned. You will soon make many new friends and find a lot of enjoyment of the beautiful natural landscapes on the journey.

Last edited: