Calling all nomads in the East

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the top of the page is a toolbar. Click on the person icon, that opens up your user profile area. First item will be messages. Click on inbox to read your messages. Then scroll down to where the messages are shown.
-crofter

Central Ohio here. I had plans to go out West over the winter, but life happened. Now I'm researching staying warm in the East. While I tend to keep to myself, a small caravan might be fun, so I'm interested.

Zenreaver said:
Central Ohio here. I had plans to go out West over the winter, but life happened. Now I'm researching staying warm in the East. While I tend to keep to myself, a small caravan might be fun, so I'm interested.
I will send you the location in a PM
:thumbsup:

ChasAA said:
Well, as a part time nomad and Florida resident we need to get together, find some of the free camp sites in Ocala !

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
The longer term plan is to look at multiple locations with Ocala being one of them. In the mean time I have sent you the Osceola location info as a PM

Please post the locations on the forum to help out others that are looking for a place to stay.

Between now and mid November, I'll do my best to look into some spots in Ocala N.F. If anyone has been there and have "favorite areas" that might work for Vandwellers, please post.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My landlord increased the rent so much I won’t be able to afford it. Up to $875 from $500 a month plus electric. So, im going to be Prius V and tent dwelling. I’m in Florida. I’m always by myself as well but I am getting older and I am also female and don’t mind joining you.

tenstiks said:
My landlord increased the rent so much I won’t be able to afford it. Up to $875 from $500 a month plus electric. So, im going to be Prius V and tent dwelling. I’m in Florida. I’m always by myself as well but I am getting older and I am also female and don’t mind joining you.
I will send yo a PM with dates and location

Camper said:
Please post the locations on the forum to help out others that are looking for a place to stay.
Once the initial group decides on locations we will post a schedule and locations.

Please send me any info about this. I have been traveling the east coast since June and currently in Virginia thinking of making my way down to FLA. Thanks!

Can you send me the directions. I may be going there during that time. My van is going in the shop for a couple of weeks to get some rust repaired and removed. I am undecided whether i will travel to Arizonia to get solar installed or go to Fl for vacation. My daughter may join me if there is wifi. She works remotely

I have been traveling since the beginning of October down the East coast from PA and have gone to Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina and have had great luck staying in the National Forests. The National Forests have been great and I've only paid for two sites since hitting the road in October.

I am very interested in this idea, but won't be able to get back on the road until after the holidays in January as I will be in Mexico over Thanksgiving and spending time with my family over the Christmas holiday season. 

I am not too far from Philadelphia or Lancaster PA areas and plan on going South to FL and then out West over the first part of the new year and would love to find like minded people to share the journey with.  :)

Ok Everyone I need some help,
I am currently in Jacksonville, Fl trying to help a friend who's daughter went missing 48 days ago and has not been seen since.
I may not be at the camp together by the 21st.
I will still try to get all request for location out to those who request,
Anyone who wants to step in and help with the organization efforts please PM me asap.
I suggest everyone still meet up, chat, share ideas, etc and I will catch up as soon as I can
Thanks!

Anyone else here? I'm in a green box van stop and say hi.
Scott

scottrod31 said:
Anyone else here? I'm in a green box van stop and say hi.
Scott
I just spoke to Richard, His ETA is 6:30 pm this evening. He will be in a white van

I followed the coordinates which took me to West Tower Hunt Camp. No one I asked knew of our group. The potty shack was "closed due to Covid." I stayed over night in Lake City. Can someone PM me exact directions, please?