what are you doing while under lockdown?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyJan said:
crofter:
"Seems like the blueberrys are not as tasty this year, and neither is the sharp cheese."

Could it be the virus robbing you of taste and smell?

@GypsyJan
The blueberrys were from FL,  Not from captain blueberry in Estacada OR so I think that's why.
-crofter

My son came by and offered to take my trash and the junk I've been clearing out of the yard to the dump in his pickup! I had a nice day. Did some gardening - more lawn mowing. Cleared off and reorganized my desk. I started reading Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. It seems to be a post-apocalyptic novel involving a pandemic.

Travelaround. Please send your son this way. I have too much stuff

Cammalu, my son would love to help you but ... wrong neighborhood. I now have him on the lookout for cool things I can transform into garden junk-art.

When the people who owned this place before me left, they left LOTS of stuff in the shed and just laying around on the property. One thing my son and I discussed yesterday was a long saw blade from (he said) a Chinese mining or logging site... it is one of those that two men would stand on either side of to saw down a tree. It went through a fire so is slightly warped now and rusted of course, from age, and the wooden handles are gone. My son has knowledge of this because he was a close friend of the young couple who sold the property to me.

I need more cool stuff like that large saw blade, and bike rims and old bikes to paint, etc. I spied an old wheelbarrow under a pine tree... I'm going to try to get my son to retrieve it for me so I can plant flowers in it.

It has been raining today......... now I look out at a beautiful sunshine after the rain... so pretty.

No more skunk stories today, thankfully.

I cut this big saw blade out of my woods. The wheel was in there also.

d430abc528eb5a00e6f8a9e796823270.jpg

brahmon said:
i’m getting very bored.   my friends are all self-quarantined and i can only surf the net and watch tv for so long.  

any ideas would be helpful.

Working on art projects, watching tv on my laptop, doing some upcycling of t-shirts (combining two tshirts,) going through my stuff and selling or giving away stuff I no longer use, trying to stay active and looking at campervans for sale postings to remind myself why I'm working M-F in a stressful job. I really should take a couple of classes online to fill up my time a little better. But, after working 8 hours on a computer, I normally read after work.

Cool sawblade and wheel, Cammalu - that's what I need to find. There's a place near here where people used to dump their old cars... from 1950's and before... interesting to look at. One person salvaged an old truck from the forest, painted it, planted flowers in it - made it into a sign for the center of town.

What I love about knitting is I don’t need a machine. Just needles and yarn and I have made some warm blankets, sweaters and ten million scarves. Someone told me she keeps a bag of scarves she knits in her car and gives them to homeless people in the winter. That’s what I plan to do. (mostly what I’m making right now is scarves, they have beautiful cheap skeins at Walmart for under $5)
I love having a hobby that is useful. I can watch YouTube while I do it too.

Lerca I tried to learn to crochet. I really did.. I failed miserably but always like watching those who get it.

Working on my travel trailer renovation. We put a new frame on it last fall and the new axle has trailer brakes and that need to be wired up to connect to ground and power. So now the trailer is jacked up on cribbing stacks and the wheels are off. I needed to paint inside the wheel wells as well as connecting the wiring.

The wiring of the brakes had me puzzled for a bit, as to what went to ground and what to power, but I eventually found the answers I needed to know how it gets hooked up. Always something new to learn but I am not always in the mood to have to stop and learn how to do new stuff. Such is life when you can't afford to hire all the work out. Crawling around under a trailer is not all that much fun but it is certainly not the worst job to have to do and the weather was pleasant today. I will do some more work on it tomorrow after I go and buy waterproof crimps in the size I need.

I still have to order a brake controller for the tow vehicle and the break away switch for the trailer. Decisions I really don't feel much like making as far as what brand and what units to buy so I am putting it off for a little while longer as I am going no where soon with all the camping still closed down.

But I did start making my assembly jig for the cabinet door parts. I can put some time in on that tonight.

I am making tacos for dinner so that is the next task to complete! I am looking forward to eating them :)

I want a pool since I’m stuck here now for who knows how long. I know things are opening up but the stats show many new cases everyday so I’m staying put.

I started getting pool estimates and was pretty floored as they are about twice what I was thing they were. I still want one...

Hot Dang! You gonna get you a cement pond? LOL!!! Too many tree leaves, grass clippings and bugs in Kentucky, I would build me a nice dock with a ladder on the pond or just float you a pontoon boat with screens.

The pond is all gooey on the bottom and I also have weeds. It’s just too creepy to swim in.

Cement pond would be reallyyyyy good. They have little robots that run around in your pool and do the cleaning.

Cammalu said:
Lerca I tried to learn to crochet. I really did..  I failed miserably but always like watching those who get it.
i honestly think knitting is easier because you have two needles. I usually need to be shown in person but there are great YouTube videos. I have tried crocheting but I insist on learning left handed. I was taught to knit right handed and it’s never been natural (53 years) and it’s hard to find good videos or left handed teachers (no, sitting backwards doesn’t help) If I ever see you I’ll teach you to knit. I’ve taught some hardcore non-knitters!

Cammalu,

Would you settle for a jacuzzi? Or maybe one of those lap pools where you clip on a leash and swim against the jet stream? How about an above gound pool?

I used to have a house with a cement pond with solar heated water. Way too much work and expense involved in the upkeep.

I have finished the roof rack and can now put the kayak up out of the way in seconds. I also redid the fridge slide and can access the fridge from inside, all locked up, and from outside when the sliding door is open. Re-doing the sink waste and gray water storage is next.

Latest posts