Welcome to the RTR!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am overnighting Sunday night in Ehrenberg. I needed a long walk after 3 days of driving from Oregon! Sunset overtook me in ehrenberg so I stopped to walk. I plan to be at Rtr in the morning. I am excited to see old friends and meet new friends. I love the easy going nature of this non-group group. Last year I was such a newbie and knew nothing. Everything was new. This year I hope that I can share some of what I've learned over the last year.

Ps I am in a different vehicle- a Toyota previa- but I am still sleeping in a hammock. Happy to show it to anyone who is curious.

Also, sadly no dog with me this year as Jennie passed away this past September.

I will be keeping my eyes open for a new dog though and will appreciate any leads.

Nancy

Lots of us here from Oregon. I wonder if we are the most represented state here?

We are on our way. Just did our first overnight in Tucumcari, NM. So cold here. Next stop is Holbrook, AZ and then to Quartzsite and RTR. We hope to arrive Tuesday afternoon to the RTR. We are a family of 4 +2 little dogs in a 30ft Class A. We will try to find a spot that's not going to bother anyone, especially since we may need to run our generator some. Or if anyone wants neighbors let us know ;)

Trek FATTIES.jpeg

Attachments

• Trek FATTIES.jpeg
    Trek FATTIES.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 17
Here's an update to the January 2016 RTR Schedule.

2016RTRCalendar.jpg

Patsy has arrived, master plumber left her in our little encampment and I think we are taking good care of her. She is a real new by, has hardly camped and never driven a van til she got hers a few days ago. One brave woman for me to look up to.

dragonflyinthesky said:
Patsy has arrived, master plumber left her in our little encampment and I think we are taking good care of her. She is a real new by, has hardly camped and never driven a van til she got hers a few days ago. One brave woman for me to look up to.

My fears have been quelled by you good people. I have always been adventurous at heart but sometimes held back by fear.
Before I could walk, my mother (who didn't think I could crawl out of the front yard) found me across the (dirt) street, going to visit. When I was two, I was found wandering around the neighborhood to see what I could see. But things were simpler in the '40s, and safer.

I just found this thread, page 10 and almost at the end of the RTR... I don't get to the forum often :)

This has been my first RTR, a great time, great people, a huge jump on the learning curve and some good eats too! I'm here now so I'll catch the last 3 days of any on line talk...

I'm coming next year! If only in my Nissan Versa for a few days. Think I could learn so much!!! If all works out by Jan 2017, I'll be 6 mos out from launch. Woo hoo!!

I would like to give a big "Thank You!" to all the wonderful people who helped me get my house electrical up and running while I was at RTR. 

I brought most everything, but I rightly guessed there would be little things I didn't know about and I knew that (for me) slow and steady would get the job done ... eventually.  :D

Blars had more #10 wire and an Anderson powerpole connector to make a nice temporary join in my portable panel cable and he loaned me his lifesaver hydraulic crimper. Highdesertranger Mike also loaned me a tool. Got Smart John had some good 4 gauge ring terminals and was kind to stop by and give me advice on the next phase... charging off the alternator. Matt brought over his supply of line connectors and Tony found all kinds of things I might find handy from the depths of his wonderful rv garage, plus dug out a great little solar book. Jude made a special stop in QZ for more of the 'good' ring terminals. Tracy stopped by and helped me solve something that had me scratching my head. Karen looking on gave me confidence because she knows her stuff. Peter brought over an electrical how-to book and provided a lovely musical respite. And to Nelda, Jerry, Cyndi, Suanne, Dave, Blaize, Laura, Margie and Rob (and anyone else who I can't recall right now!)...thank you for your encouragement and for hanging out with me.  I couldn't have done it without you all!

I am thrilled to be able to run my fan and charge up devices and I look forward to getting a good fridge next.  

(Oh, and yes, I'll build that vented box for the T105RE's and secure it and run a ground through the floor to the frame.)

I REALLY missed going around meeting and visiting with folks this year, but I accomplished what I set out to do so that's a good thing. 

I'm already looking ahead to next January!

Sassy

TMG51 said:
I think I walked by you guys when I came in yesterday. I'm towards the back of the main stretch now. I've been working all day (and will have to every week day until around 3) so the rain hasn't affected me much, but I'm running my furnace intermittently for the cold. Slightly jealous of your oven - it's one of the few things I'm missing.

I'm sure we'll see plenty more people in the coming days...

Wow, how cold is it there?