Welcome to the RTR!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mockturtle said:
We are, after all, a bunch of introverts.   :D

Not all of us are introverts!

Much like anything else, it's all on a bell curve.

I'm at almost one end of the curve....about as much as an extrovert as they come.

Evidenced by the number of times my place ends up being where the party lands. Took me 2 days to return all the stuff that ended up at my place after New Years' Eve.... :D

But standing out in the rain getting a little chilly got old after a while!

Reading of all the fun out there, I hope to get there next year.  Family commitments prevented it this year.  Also, I look forward to trying the drier desert air.  Here in the humid Southeast, I am always beset by the sniffles and head congestion.  No actual colds for decades, but the weather isn't conducive to good sinus health.  I have always read the dry deserts are good for that.  Til then, I will eagerly read of y'alls exploits.  :cool:

Lee...it was anything but dry yesterday. Rain showers on and off.
looks like a break in the rain for today but more to come.
Not the norm tho. Last year the weather was primo, as it usually is this month.

I'm pulling out of Tuscon, should be there this afternoon.  I'll need to stop in quartzite to fill my water jug.  The weather isn't sounding too promising.

flying kurbmaster said:
So what is with this RTR, do you guys just park in the desert in a circle, sit in your vans, behind black out curtains and type messages to each other like a bunch of teenage girls in the cafeteria on their cell phones.

Whew, looks like you've got no problem pokin' the hornet's nest with a short stick. Ha,ha! Remind me not to stand too close when you're doing that.

:) yeah no problem what so ever, I am sure that is not what is happening but I thought I would poke away a bit just to see if any hornets where in there :)

Looks like I'll be arriving this afternoon, after all, Lord willing. Headed west on I-10 and have a good tail-wind. May as well take advantage of it! This rain is disgusting but it's been so nice for months I can't really complain.

It seems that a lot of folks are going to be at RTR. Does anyone post their names in front of their camp?

We have a plaque on the dash...suppose I should set out to be seen.
There colored streamers on the antenna that are sort of our standard.
You'll know us...we're in the white van :D

bindi&us said:
We have a plaque on the dash...suppose I should set out to be seen.
There colored streamers on the antenna that are sort of our standard.
You'll know us...we're in the white van :D

LOL. In the white van. :)

I won't make it either. Weather and such are a bit much for me. Maybe in the late late spring! When it warms up and dries up!
Enjoy, I am thinking of you all.
Ella

I got here at the RTR a little before dark. I rode my bike around and met a few people. Instead of being way upfront like last year, I parked clear in the back to be near a friend.
I doubt that rain will effect us most days. I plan to hike up in those hills nearby, like last year, and check out some of the gold mines up there. Almost walked into a mine shaft last year while texting and walking! Luckily, I lived and learned. :)
I'm really looking forward to meeting and chatting with people here. Not everyone, that would be overwhelming and I struggle to remember names anyway. But I will be looking for other vehicles that have Oregon plates, like mine.
I'll see you in the morning! :)

I had planned to leave today to get there tomorrow, but I need to do some more work around the trailer and house before I can take off.  Then there's the weather at the pass (Raton pass) that I'll have to check on.  So now my goal is to leave tomorrow (from Colorado) hopefully before the snow gets bad and maybe drive straight through with just stops for gas, doggy, potty, and naps.  I'm ready for some warm(er) weather!  I'm trying not to obsess about what I'm missing, though that's hard! 
sad.gif
  After using my little jeep and little trailer for a year, my dh and I wanted a bit more room, so we've upsized to a 18ft trailer and a surburban.  Unfortunately he has to stay home to work in the salt mines (euphemism) but he looks forward to our next gold trip.   :D  Little by little, I'm getting him used to the idea of hitting the road when he retires.   :p

IMG_20160106_080626.jpgAlthough I'm in stealth mode, if you are in a wildflower garden, please don't think I'm an introvert. I will pull another chair up for you if you stop by.

diane and ivy and cricket

Attachments

• IMG_20160106_080626.jpg
    IMG_20160106_080626.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 36
Awesome trailer Dragon Fly! StarEcho, my son and I will be leaving Colorado Springs area tomorrow morning sometime also. Plan to take hiways 25-40-17-10 due to the weather. If you have any problems on the road send me a PM and we'll make sure we stop and help. Enjoy the drive and we'll see you all there.

I've been here almost a day, and have had enough.  What a bunch of unfriendly people, NOTHING to do, I can't put up a tent because the rocks would tear up my tent, no grass or shade, more dogs than people.  At the events I go to people camp mext to each other and do things together.  I doubt if my post will be up more than an hour.  At least I didn't have to pay anything or go out of my way to get here.