SSW Magical Bus Conversion with lots of pics.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flying kurbmaster said:
love the balcony, with the rear door open, great indoor outdoor flow. love the open plan look, nice find good luck, Do those flashing lights work, what a sight you will make arriving at the next RTR with your flashing lights all ablaze.

johnny b said:
For the red schoolie lenses I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Blue-Ae...r=8-2&keywords=Candy+Blue+Aerosol+Paint+3.5oz

10 bucks for a small can of Candy Blue hobby paint (OK on plastic). Red and Blue = Purple. A light coating inside the lens at first, let dry, test with lamp at night. More coats if needed.....worth a try. If it don't work, paint them flat black for legality.
(Above link was through Bob's link...gotta take care of our host.)

BTW--Had my Bush bumper stickers removed from my vehicle while at a Dead show...luckily I had them on the rear window so no paint damage. That was one of my 'Republican Hippy' moments!   :p

Awesome Thanks for the idea.

That's funny about bumper stickers! :D

rvpopeye said:
A 9" VW logo on the grille , now THAT will mess with some minds!

Speaking of mind puzzles....
HDR , a redneck hippie.. :-/ ..wait ,, :huh: ,,,whaaaaaaat?  
That's like antimatter and matter.
(I don't even know how to define rebublican hippie  :s )

oh bubba......you need to redneckanize......it's a whole nuther culture!     :D     TJB= urban redneck woman with country drawl raised in BIG D. Texas....some days i even confuse myself    :huh:   Happy Trails to One & All   Queenie sez it's ruff being a 4 legged short human  :exclamation:

SSW
Update on the dilithium crystals , Carquest looked them up and the only ones in the system were in their warehouse on the 3rd moon of Saturn otherwise he said to go look in the asteroid belt.....yeah , right. My impulse drive is working OK but my landing tires are a little iffy , OK a lot iffy......I'll just start walking , I know it's only 1300 miles to Nashville , not sure how far to bus build central .

HDR
I was trying to go figure , then it all made sense....Oh My GOSHK !
Redneck-Hippie > Matter-Antimatter >That would give you the power of a warp drive !

Very handy when prospecting ........moving mountains , changing the course of rivers , etc. Maybe tossing those rims to Maine ?

Now we'll have to move this over to the super power thread !

Every time I see a transport bus now~~~  :D

So did ya sell any cars over the weekend? Need more photos! :)

John

Konaexpress said:
So did ya sell any cars over the weekend? Need more photos! :)

John

I sold 2 on Saturday. Sunday was laundry, grocery store, and afterwards I was too tired for much else. I didn't even catch up on The Walking Dead. That means I was really tired cause I do love my zombie shows :D

Everything is on hold until my son uses the bus to move his stuff back to my house. He is sick right now but hopefully he is better soon and can move before weekend so that I can start on bus Sunday. I will probably work until about 2 Saturday in hopes of selling a couple more cars. Need bus conversion $$$. I had expected to sell more from tax refunds but just didn't get the big boom this year. Trying to sell as much as possible now because when July and August get here, it really slows down.

I had planned on taking more photos yesterday after work but worked late and didn't get home until right before dark. Fed the dogs and called it a day. I will probably wait until I get that love seat moved out of bus so I can get better pics.

I need to look for some faery lights and order them soon. I spend my down time at work looking at bus decorating ideas and dreaming. So many ideas, so little time and money :)

Have you found a rig yet? What type are you looking for?

gsfish said:
Me too.... my first thought was...

and I AM old! HA!! (there are worse things than being old)

Guy

I loved that movie! Bill Murray is the man! :cool:

SSW, congrats on the blank slate!  Just a thought on the air conditioner.... my trailer has one of those window type air conditioners, but instead of hanging out of the side of the trailer, the manufacturer has a cabinet along that wall and the middle cabinet is the air conditioner.  So it does take up real estate inside, but that is where the dinette is and we're not standing there anyway, and it also gives me more storage with the other cabinets.  So while that might not work for your situation, it's something to think about.  Might work in another side window over a dinette or over a bed, or somewhere where you wouldn't be standing.

StarEcho said:
SSW, congrats on the blank slate!  Just a thought on the air conditioner.... my trailer has one of those window type air conditioners, but instead of hanging out of the side of the trailer, the manufacturer has a cabinet along that wall and the middle cabinet is the air conditioner.  So it does take up real estate inside, but that is where the dinette is and we're not standing there anyway, and it also gives me more storage with the other cabinets.  So while that might not work for your situation, it's something to think about.  Might work in another side window over a dinette or over a bed, or somewhere where you wouldn't be standing.

I saw one in a van like that somewhere! Great idea! It's just me in there so I can spare the space to move it inside if possible. I honestly could live comfy in half the room in there, I just like the height and width of a bus over a van. What type of unit do you have? Do you have pics you could share with me of how yours is done? Thanks so much!

Not sure what the inside looks like but could you mount it over the cab and put cabinets up there?  Not sure what you're head room is like in the front.

Also, are you going to set it up to use shore power or just solar panel the heck out of it? I would do both but that's me. Hahaha! One space lab looking mini bus coming up! :D

John

Konaexpress said:
Not sure what the inside looks like but could you mount it over the cab and put cabinets up there?  Not sure what you're head room is like in the front.

John

I was thinking that or keep it where it is and just move it inside so it's flush outside. I could build a shelf there. I'm 5'1. It wont affect my headroom either way. :p

SaltySeaWitch said:
I was thinking that or keep it where it is and just move it inside so it's flush outside. I could build a shelf there. I'm 5'1. It wont affect my headroom either way. :p

Better Hope you don't find a tall boyfriend or he will be playing the limbo! A Mai Tai in one hand and a ice pack in the other.  ;)

John

gsfish said:
Sorry for sidetracking the thread a bit but, would car detailing be a good gig for a traveler in your experience? I've posted that as having potential and not requiring allot of start up money. Are people doing this work registered/licensed or just individuals? How is pay handled? By the vehicle? Cash.

Thanks,  Guy

I will PM you in a few minutes Guy. I see a couple ways it could work for van dwellers. I don't mind hijacking but I know Bob likes us to stay on topic.

Konaexpress said:
Better Hope you don't find a tall boyfriend or he will be playing the limbo! A Mai Tai in one hand and a ice pack in the other.  ;)

John

I can always move it. I'm a giver ;)

I may put the bed across the back anyway.

SSW
I think someone already mentioned this ,some/all? of those house type ACs have side vents that need to be outside....
I'm thinking of taking the RV one off my roof and replacing it with a vent/fan , those gaskets on them suck , I just replaced it trying to stop leaks and it still leaks....arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

2 cars on Sat. , good goin' ! Uhhhh....Is that a lot? (I've never been a car salesman ...)

I think a lot of us are waiting for a closeup pic of the rear wheel hubs.

Today's update on my trip , I'm 3.7 miles farther south! Yeeeeeehawwwwww.

BTW
I consider myself very tall and I'm 5'1" ! Well , I am standing next to my mom anyway !!!! :rolleyes:

For the size of the lot I suppose it's decent. I don't sell any some days. Sometimes sell several at once. Never know from day to day. Have sometimes gone 2 weeks and not sold anything. That sucks. I can play on FB, or watch Netflix all day if I have a detail guy (can't keep help) but usually I help jump batteries, move cars around, and call people who have been there car shopping to let them know if I got something in they may want. My job is selling cars and making sure detail guy is working, and I get yelled at by owner if detail guy doesn't do his job so as they say "Shit rolls down hill" lol But I do usually help my detail guy because they don't get paid much and I don't want them to quit. And because I am nice of course :)

I worked late again and it was already getting dark when I got home so will take more pics asap. Probably Sunday. Had hungry doggies needing food and water and I don't get a lunch unless I bring one (which I usually don't), and if I am not too busy to eat, so I was hungry too! Had a bacon sandwich for dinner. Yummy!

3.7 miles!! Moving on aren't ya? lol

Well...........................my legs are kinda short ;)

Matlock said:
Congrats on your bus SSW!
I really like your back porch. Excellent storage area when traveling.
I've been trying to configure one to add to my Cube. If you happen to think of it, snap a pic of how yours if attached.
Early March and spring is here in the mid-west, whoot... It's all down hill from here.
Oh ya, and I vote for a light sky blue bottom with a cream top.

Hey Matlock,

Sorry it took so long to get a pic and I didnt crawl under there but got a pic of what I could see and it's welded to the bumper I guess. I don't see any bolts or anything. The hitch is under the porch and all welded.

I will get better pics this weekend. It needs washed. there are a lot of pine needles and dirt on it.

4d62243f-c2f7-449a-a09a-55ea941670b6_zpskrnrjtd8.jpg

[img=916x640]http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r632/zombie1stresponder/20160310_175942_zps9wu0dnte.jpg[/img]

those look to be lug centric if you could pull a lug nut we could tell for sure. anyway those rims cannot be used on the inside of the dually. I would sell or trade those for the correct rims. then you would need the correct lug nuts. I wonder what the weight rating of those rims are? you could overload them if they have a low rating. what type of rim is your spare? it should be a factory steel. do you have the correct lug nuts for your spare. the only aluminum rims I would put on a dually are Alcoa's. but then you still need a factory steel rim for your spare and the correct lug nuts. highdesertranger