SSW Magical Bus Conversion with lots of pics.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Konaexpress said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Love that stupid song.....Hey, it's a catchy tune! Don't hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snaEEYQCRdw
Got to love a woman who buys a bus with a half finished BBQ grill on the back bumper! Nice! :D

John

I know right! Catchy little tune lol  I'm surprised you knew it. How old are you? I keep thinking you are in your 20's. Here is another stupid song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11A8JZ-RDDoabout a magic bus lol

flying kurbmaster said:
love the balcony, with the rear door open, great indoor outdoor flow. love the open plan look, nice find good luck, Do those flashing lights work, what a sight you will make arriving at the next RTR with your flashing lights all ablaze.

Yes, all the lights work and spot lights on back too. The original bus switches all work for lights, fan, etc. I'm dying to paint it. Waiting for better weather and more money.

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes :cool:

bindi&us said:
Congrats and good luck on your build.

BTW...Who's "Magic Bus" isn't a song, it is "THE" song about "THE" Magic Bus :p

I was voting for Magical Mystery Tour by Cheap Trick. Blast that from a PA system as you pull up to an outing!

John

SaltySeaWitch said:
I'm surprised you knew it. How old are you? I keep thinking you are in your 20's.

Your lips, to God's ears. Then maybe all my joints would stop popping and creaking! Same age as you, 80's fan for life! Favorite bands are Van Halen, Yes, Super Tramp, Cheap Trick, Heart and the Cars.

To big for parachute pants,
John

Konaexpress said:
Your lips, to God's ears. Then maybe all my joints would stop popping and creaking! Same age as you, 80's fan for life! Favorite bands are Van Halen, Yes, Super Tramp, Cheap Trick, Heart and the Cars.

To big for parachute pants,
John

Why you old fart you lol. You have a young spirit. That's a good thing. All good bands. Love 80's music. Also like some 70s and one hit wonder bands. 90s grunge. Some Avenge Sevenfold and Bullet my son turned me onto. Love Tom Petty, Scorpions, so maNY good bands. 

Itching to start on my bus. My son needs to use it to move though so gotta wait. I can tell my neighbors love it cause they keep slowing down to stare at it lol. 

Congrats on your bus SSW! It looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see pics of your conversion journey!!!!!!

Gigi

Congratulations! What a great platform to build into your new home. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

tonyandkaren said:
Congratulations! What a great platform to build into your new home. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Me too!

Congratulations!!

I see that back porch with a rocking chair and a planter full of fresh herbs.......maybe a couple of speakers , and a...............your turn,

rvpopeye said:
I see that back porch with a rocking chair and a planter full of fresh herbs.......maybe a couple of speakers , and a...............your turn,

I see me forgetting I have a back porch and backing into something lol

I do like the planter of herbs. Faery garden of course. Rocking chair maybe. Not one for sitting still much but maybe I'll learn how. Watch a sunset or something. I was just wondering earlier what the heck I will do when I actually have free time. It will take some getting used to. I still have to work but hoping not as much. Now that I have the bus im kinda wishin I had a travel partner.

SaltySeaWitch said:
. Now that I have the bus im kinda wishin I had a travel partner.

Dont we all, (or at least some of us)   :heart:

Back porch....maybe put a B/U cam on it to help with that.
Might be a good place to put propane tank too , like that Emerald Gypsy rig , the heavy bumper might help keep it all safer.

the-emerald-gypsy-7.jpg

Air conditioner...I'd just leave it there , when you paint the outside do it too , will probably disappear.  

Travel Partner....I'm not doin' anything right now

Attachments

• the-emerald-gypsy-7.jpg
    the-emerald-gypsy-7.jpg
    155.4 KB
SaltySeaWitch said:
Now that I have the bus im kinda wishin I had a travel partner.

Ya might want to build with the possibility in mind. Just sayin. ;)

Huge congrats on the rig!!! I'm super excited for you. :D

GotSmart said:
Dont we all, (or at least some of us)   :heart:

Hard to find in this lifestyle it seems but it's not impossible. Someone is bound to be crazy enough to do it eventually lol.
rvpopeye said:
Back porch....maybe put a B/U cam on it to help with that.
Might be a good place to put propane tank too , like that Emerald Gypsy rig , the heavy bumper might help keep it all safer.

Air conditioner...I'd just leave it there , when you paint the outside do it too , will probably disappear.  

Travel Partner....I'm not doin' anything right now

Yes. B/U Cam is a good idea. Should I have a propane tank there while traveling? Is that safe? What if someone rear ends me? 
Well pack your bags! Let's go!  No boring people allowed. Must be fun to go on the magic bus  :D
Bitty said:
Ya might want to build with the possibility in mind. Just sayin. ;)

Huge congrats on the rig!!! I'm super excited for you. :D

Actually, I thought of that Bitty. I believe we attract things and people into our life so we should make room for them and be ready for them to show up. I have almost deliberately not made room for someone in my life for a long time. But this travel/adventure thing is making me think maybe it's time. Not in a needy way, in a ready way. We shall see what the universe sends me. In the meantime, I shall be preparing my little bus for adventures. I'm excited too. Thanks!

What exterior paint colors are best to keep down heat? I remember rvpopeye saying gray would be hot and a gray bus I looked at, the guy mentioned it being very hot in there in summer. I was thinking a teal maybe with white roof and trim. Maybe do the door in a lavender just cause I have to be unusual lol. Any suggestions?

There's a reason most vehicles in the south are white.
Maybe with teal and lavender trim accents.

I'll be there in an hour , just have to get the warp drive fired up so I can do 1300 mph !
Scotty , I need more power !

rvpopeye said:
There's a reason most vehicles in the south are white.
Maybe with teal and lavender trim accents.

I'll be there in an hour , just have to get the warp drive fired up so I can do 1300 mph !
Scotty , I need more power !

Im giving her all she's got capt'n!! LOL

That's great. You will get here in time to help do all the work on bus!  :p

White or silver are cool colors.

There are threads here about a paint which claims to have special insulating properties (ex-NASA?): you might want a coat of that on the roof. I don't know if putting another color on top of that ruins the properties or not. I also think you can have a white roof regardless of what color you paint the rest of the van. It was kind of traditional on many cars, e.g., the real Mini.

Anything the sun shines on will have to be white , no theory about what color for where the sun don't shine.........awwwwwwwwwww badooom tshhhhh.

I was thinking that about the tanks on the rear bumper too !

And then Scotty replies....
Cap'n if I push 'er any harder , she'll blow fer sure !....aaaaahhh the ship that is ,,,