SSW Magical Bus Conversion with lots of pics.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda liking this color too.....

Handmade-iron-wrought-iron-model-restore-ancient-ways-furnishing-articles-public-font-b-bus-b-font.jpg

using a cream or ivory for one of your colors will tone down the look, and add a nice soft glow to it...so I really like that baby blue and ivory Bug van.
SaltySeaWitch said:

Congrats from here too on your new acquisition! My buddy has the exact same rig, and he LOVES IT!!

I was thinking a back-up cam would be in order too, and as far as the air conditioner sticking out like it does...eh, I'd just leave it be. Plus, if you did stick it back inside, it would invade your living area, which is the most valued commodity in a small rig like this.

And the propane tank on the rear deck wouldn't bother me one bit. (but that is just me.) I'd just make sure it's good and secure.
As for it being dangerous back there, I don't think so...don't let your imagination get away from you.

Love the new rig!!

Whaaaaaaat happened to the teal and lavender accents????

Well the warp drive went offline.
Scotty informed me that we'll be needin' some new dilithium crystals!
I went to Napa and they looked at me like I was an alien or something !!!
Just imagine !
I even told them I was the famous Captain Popeye of the pirate ship Bootyprize , they said I should go to Carquest! Arrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh

It's tax season , hope lots of cars go off the lot with those returns !

I'm having a lavender door regardless. I can make it go with blue or teal. Haven't decided yet on anything except the door. Trying to find some kind of app to let me see different paint colors on it before I actually do it. So many colors to chose from.....

Can you be a Republican and a hippy at the same time :huh:  :D

The two tone would be nice with the cream/white coming halfway down. Not sure where you can find a big enough VW chrome emblem for the front though........that might be tough. :D

John

I agree with Patrick, I don't see a problem with the fuel can on the back. Jeep lovers carry gas cans on the back all the time. No problem.

John

Konaexpress said:
The two tone would be nice with the cream/white coming halfway down. Not sure where you can find a big enough VW chrome emblem for the front though........that might be tough. :D

John

Challenge accepted! :cool:

You ready to decorate creepy new guy? lol

The hippy republican thing gave me a great idea for your van design. 

peace_through_superior_firepower_classic_round_sticker-r276c639fc7014848b1ca6a5e614503eb_v9waf_8byvr_324_zpsmdmn4hps.jpg
[/URL][/img]

What are the usable interior dimensions on that thing?

nobodyG17 said:
The hippy republican thing gave me a great idea for your van design. 

peace_through_superior_firepower_classic_round_sticker-r276c639fc7014848b1ca6a5e614503eb_v9waf_8byvr_324_zpsmdmn4hps.jpg
[/URL][/img]

What are the usable interior dimensions on that thing?

I love it!! LOL I am all about superior fire power! I need that for my bus. I can add that to my "I beat up 5 hippies..." one :D

I haven't measured the inside. There is a love seat in there I have to move out but otherwise its a blank slate. I will post dimensions when I measure it. Honestly, I picked it up, drove it 4 hours home, and have only had 1 day off since so I haven't done anything to it yet. This 6 days a week work thing sucks.

I just noticed that in the picture of the front of your bus,  two of the lights still have red lens.  That is a big no-no in some states.  I'm not sure about Tennessee.  The people at the DMV should be able to tell you.  Some of the people over on schoolie-dot-net paint over the lens others replace them with amber or clear.

VJG1977 said:
I just noticed that in the picture of the front of your bus,  two of the lights still have red lens.  That is a big no-no in some states.  I'm not sure about Tennessee.  The people at the DMV should be able to tell you.  Some of the people over on schoolie-dot-net paint over the lens others replace them with amber or clear.

I will check on that. Thanks. Even if ok in TN may get me pulled over traveling so I will have to do something about it.

Good poiny
While I was camped out at the truck garage waiting for my brake repair , they were doing a repair and inspection on a skoolie , the mechanic was checking to make sure the emergency flashers were covered , painted or removed . Big no no here too , ONLY on SCHOOL busses ,
all others big ticket !

Soo, i guess the challenge will be to find a translucent color paint that when sprayed inside a red lens will give us 'Lavender' !

SaltySeaWitch said:
Can you be a Republican and a hippy at the same time :huh:  :D

Not this year.  I cant say more and not get this flagged.   :cool:

I don't know anything about a Republican hippy. but I am a redneck hippy. highdesertranger

A 9" VW logo on the grille , now THAT will mess with some minds!

Speaking of mind puzzles....
HDR , a redneck hippie.. :-/ ..wait ,, :huh: ,,,whaaaaaaat?
That's like antimatter and matter.
(I don't even know how to define rebublican hippie :s )

For the red schoolie lenses I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Blue-Ae...r=8-2&keywords=Candy+Blue+Aerosol+Paint+3.5oz

10 bucks for a small can of Candy Blue hobby paint (OK on plastic). Red and Blue = Purple. A light coating inside the lens at first, let dry, test with lamp at night. More coats if needed.....worth a try. If it don't work, paint them flat black for legality.
(Above link was through Bob's link...gotta take care of our host.)

BTW--Had my Bush bumper stickers removed from my vehicle while at a Dead show...luckily I had them on the rear window so no paint damage. That was one of my 'Republican Hippy' moments!   :p