Outdoor furniture to feel more home like?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JDub said:
Pink Flamingos and Tiki torches. :D
That and an out door rug for me!  But hubby says no!

I've noticed a rug really marks a space.  We use a pop up awning and an RV rug at the local parks in summer and people respect that as well as making us feel established for a few hours.

Okay so I still haven't figured out the ups and downs of posting but at least I quoted reasonably. ?

I’m afraid I put out pink flamingos also... can’t help it and can’t stop doing it. Two rubber chickens that were dog toys from Walmart are in my windshield

I got a beautiful 'aged' looking oriental rug for the back of my minivan, got a 1/2" thick felt pad for it, padded it with an extra thick moving blanket so it would be comfortable to crawl around back there and then covered it completely with my bed and the baskets that will be holding my stuff. You can see about a 3" strip of it at the hatch. I need to rip that thing out of there and use it for my lanai rug. I wasn't thinking.

Wow. I love it too but I didn’t see where it’s an outside rug.

Cammalu said:
The description says ;
EUCH Contemporary Boho Retro Style Abstract Living Room Floor Carpets,Non-Skid Indoor/Outdoor Large Area Rugs,75"x98" Lotus

But these things must be really heavy and bulky
So unless you have the room and power to haul them...

Cammalu said:

It says 'indoor/outdoor' but I read a lot of reviews where people noted that since it has a rubbery coating on the back it's not really appropriate for outdoors, that it would not dry out easily.  It comes folded, not rolled, so it must be pretty thin and might be easy to transport.

No way I'm spending that much money on a rug although I do love it.  I'll see what I can find at thrift stores.  Maybe I'll get lucky.

Very bright rug. They sell a lightweight woven rug for camping at the marketplace, many colors. Is also good for making your site look occupied. 

$50 at Walmart, these are lightweight.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Patio-Ma...4WhdcmKIHysmXN7r3fgaAgvrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I stick with solid surfaces easy to clean since I am a mess maker. Plywood finished with polyurethane. I use rubber car mat by the cargo door to contain the mess, easy to shake it off & done.
-crofter

I have an RV patio rug that defines my lanai. They are fairly wonderful. They don't absorb liquid, they are easy to sweep, they fold and stow nicely, and they have corner loops for staking down. Mine is as long as my Scamp.

I am much to busy looking at the beautiful natural things in the distance to worry about what it looks like right where I am sitting. I have played at nesting in sticks and bricks locations for so many years that now it is just a been there, done that feeling that was long since satisfied. I do not feel a strong compulsion to create a backyard like environment outside my nomadic dwelling space. Give it time if this is your first venture out and just relax and quit thinking so much about "nesting" and let the urge fade away. Like many things much of it is old habits and they can be downsized along with the possessions associated with putting too much unecessary fluffy stuff in the nest you travel in. Less "stuff" is way more comfortable and relaxing than having more stuff to store and set out and pack back up when it is campsite moving day.

That nesting instinct is a real booger. Reading this post made me think. I travel in a minivan and space is precious. I just can’t mentally justify using that space without thinking twice. One chair, small table for outside cooking and shade. The least amount of time I spend getting my camp ready the better off I feel lol.

Do I like that personalized touch?? Sure do! But once I arrived at my campsite in the rain. I ended up staying in the van several hours before I could set up outside. That was a teaching moment. I now make sure I have a comfortable spot in the minivan to just hangout. That cut down on a lot of stuff I felt essential in the very beginning. And much of that was my “yard” lol

Latest posts