Sun visor for 2022 Sprinter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't get to (and probably can't afford) a Mercedes dealership to buy a folding or other portable screen for windshield to protect from sun while parked. Where could I buy one on the road? I will be driving from northern Nevada to Southern California. I could also look online, but then I have to stay in one place long enough to get the mail.

Sorry if this is too basic, but I am completely inexperienced in these matters. Thanks for any suggestions,

Mine is a kind of corrugated, heavy duty foil, that I believe was bought at a Home Depot or some such place and cut simply to fit.

Works very well, folds to store, and I think this is what many use, basically making their own.

I would go in one of those places and ask what they have.

Let us know what you find.

Just get a roll of reflex insulation at a big box store a little larger than your window or cut it to size with scissors. Usually you can stuff it in the opening with enough friction to hold it along with paper clips, visors, bungee cords or Velcro to temporarily hold it in place. If it flexes too much put some Gorilla Tape on it to reinforce it.

Mine is a kind of corrugated, heavy duty foil, that I believe was bought at a Home Depot or some such place and cut simply to fit.

Works very well, folds to store, and I think this is what many use, basically making their own.

I would go in one of those places and ask what they have.

Let us know what you find.
Thanks so much, Rose. I will remember to follow up. I know this is kind of basic stuff, but I have to start somewhere.

I understand.

It sounds like what I have, per bullfrog, is reflex insulation.

Mine is simply cut, with a little rectangle out for the rear view mirror, and then my sun visors hold it in place.

I don’t have any Velcro tabs, the sun visors do just fine.

Does sound like this is a readily available material, and certainly less expensive than purchasing something custom made.

There are several companies that make insulated window covers for the Sprinter. Unless you have serious upholstery skills and the requisite tools, your DIY creation will not come close (cosmetically or functionally) to the professionally made products. Insulated window covers use to be ridiculously expensive, but prices have decreased significantly. For a cost less than that of filling up your tank 2 or 3 times, you could get these.

https://www.amazon.com/VanEssential...s-Benz-Sprinter/dp/B0C1TFN5PR?ref_=ast_sto_dp