New future home curiosities

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was once looking at land in Arizona but the current issues regarding drought, wild fires, flooding and reduction of water made me change my mind. Especially the reduction of water. A lot of land is being bought up by foreign companies. For example; large areas of land around Brenda and Salome was bought up by companies to grow hay and grain which uses a ton of water to grow. Then it gets exported to other countries that overuse their own resources. Now that the emergency water usage is in place regarding the Colorado River, Lake Powell and Lake Mead, Arizona is one of the states affected by forced water reductions and especially hard hit is smaller towns. All this makes land, water, etc. more expensive. It's only getting worse. Drier climate, more fires and increased flooding.

The droughts cause their own issues. I'm being forced farther west because my breathing is getting worse. We're going to relocate to Yuma for 3-5 years to save up the money then head back up to the PNW. Better air, more water, better gardening.
Sorry ro hear that. Sounds like a solid plan. What states aside from wash ans or make up this pnw??thanx