Incident on the land I just bought. At a loss.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Get a gun and a restraining order

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keep land as investment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lease the land to someone else

• Work the land but don't live there

• Cut your losses and leave

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Something else?

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
With a child involved yes definitely file a report for restraint on this individual. Let the court decide. Meantime you have your paper trail started. Definitely file asap.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Has anybody heard from the OP? Hope she's OK...

Hey I like the donut idea, maybe buy a bunch of donuts drop them off to your new neighbour with a note thanking him for protecting your land and looking out for the neighbourhood, introducing yourself and child and although we got off to a rough start, hope we can be good neighbours.

It will all come down to those county and local zoning ordinances. Before you buy property do an extensive backgroung research to see if your concepts are legal for the property.

It's not to be taken literally. But if someone tried to force their way into my vehicle, on my property, the situation would be resolved. The sheriffs department wouldn't even be involved, other than to haul off the garbage. Self defense is still legal here.

Using the experience, refund and run. Here's my thinking.

1. Your concerned about your child and custody. You feel your 100% rights are threatened already for some reason. Legit right there.
2. This man attempted to break into your vehicle with you in it, a woman with legal papers to the land, and a baby. He has no concept of law. Obviously he doesn't care about your views on the matter.
3. You'd be pouring better life money into this pit. Do your payments cover the land taxes? Will it really make your life better now? Or will you be wearing yourself out worried sick? Are you paying good money to be tortured?
4. Putting that money into a small not too old (10 year is the limit with too many places) 'legit' RV and getting some discount camp club memberships would get you well into some years with the kid where CPS wouldn't be so attracted to the child. I'll be cold blooded here. No body wants teens. Babies they'll grab in a heart beat.
5. Get your money back. All of it. Your reason? Your life and that of your precious baby were threatened. You were probably in shock disbelief, now you've parsed the reality and you want your money back.
6. Try city data dot com for a better region to live. It's a wonderful source and forum for all kinds of things from how many doctors of a certain practice (handicap, senior, cancer, thyroid whatever) to what businesses are in the region. Housing and land prices, crime rates, you name it.

I am thinking of Alicia, she has done well with her kids on the road. She travels, and I don't think has gone down the road of owning a home base.
-crofter

Latest posts