Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm biding my time in Cochise County.

I'm finding lots employees of smaller businesses don't mask up. They don't get my business.

71 deaths so far.

When I travel to rural parts of VA and WV, a lot of people go in stores without masks. Even Walmart, which supposedly has its own tight policy, has half the customers and even some of the workers without masks.

It seems the transition didn’t go very well between the administrations. I don’t think anyone knows as of yet where and if any or all of the vaccine is.

I guess it will take a while to get the federal program going if the governors don’t start cooperating.

I went shopping in Parker AZ yesterday, everyone I saw in the stores wore masks. As the city is within Tribal lands masking is a mandate on the reservation including in all businesses.

bullfrog said:
.... I don’t think anyone knows as of yet where and if any or all of the vaccine is.
I hope that is not true, but anything's possible. I'm sure that will be the next statistic buster to follow: "where's the vaccine"

Here in southern AZ we have people taking their elders up to State Farm stadium in Phoenix to get the shot. That's tough on old people.

On the positive, more vaccine is being made all the time, so eventually everyone should get some, and local vaccination efforts should be working again. Not giving up yet, just keep checking back.
-crofter

Todays stats: 71 degrees and sunny in southern AZ, low was 41 degrees and felt cold. Everything is relative, I used to live where it was 40 degrees below zero every winter. 

Today's immunity stats: 26 million plus cases will result in some immunity and 29 million plus vaccinations will result in 50 percent immunity after the first shot. (Sorry that is not cases of beer it is cases of covid 19). So about 56 million Americans are gaining immunity currently, some the hard way. 272 plus million Americans left to get immunity. That is really good news. 

This pandemic feels like an endless lap swim. I shop and do errands for a couple households of elders, and after every stint in the community I am really tired, and feel like I am fighting off a cold. Then it is gone after a good rest and about 1000mg of vitamin C. Scary though, even though I have about 50 percent immunity at this point, I am still getting dragged down.

Speaking of lap swim, pool exercise is considered a safe thing to do. Just gotta watch out for sunbathers.

I am going out to buy cake, Mom is 92 tomorrow.  Be well.
-crofter

Forgot to tell you, still not able to get the second shot for anyone by any method. I tried calling the health department, using the AZDHS website, using Mycare account at the local hospital. I have received multiple reminders to make a second appointment, and followed all those links they sent with no success. Will try again next week.

Did you receive your second shot?  How did that work?

Because of my difficulty getting a second shot, I am recomending the Johnson & Johnson vaccine if you can get it. Only one shot and has been tested against South Africa variant (yes that one is here now).  The J&J vaccine is not one of the mRNA vaccines.

More free advice from:    -crofter

Link to Johnson & Johnson information.

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson...nterim-analysis-of-its-phase-3-ensemble-trial

Hope you can read this NYT article.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine.html

Second shot? Who the hell can even get the first one.

Sofisintown said:
I just don't wanna be shot! :dodgy:

I’m hoping lots of people don’t so I can butt in line [emoji16]

If you have been to a walk in clinic or hospital in the past year you may have a link there. I have gotten links in my email from three of these, takes you directly to the appointment screen so much easier than the health department sites. Some common names are "mychart",  "mycare", or may be the name of the hospital chain. Keep trying & be well.  
-crofter

Thanks. I’ve tried through the VA as well as regular sources. Haven’t run across anywhere here in AZ that will take anyone under 75 regardless of health. My lungs are damaged and I’d really love to be in line.

^^^ I heard a rumor that the VA in Kentucky was starting to give out the vaccine to veterans.

@cammalu
Technically AZ is doing everyone over 65 years old. Since you have a rig to travel in, try Phoenix metro area sites, they are getting most of the vaccines. 

I hate to admit this, but Yumans get less of everything in AZ in spite of the larger population size & border health care resources. Even Yumans are taking their elders north for the vaccine. 

I was told by the health department here that we will get our second shot eventually, and to expect that it will be "late."  The great leveller, after our first shot we have the same immunity protection as Brazilians receiving vaccine from China (one shot and 50 percent effective).

Don't forget to keep taking your fizzy vitamin C 1000mg to keep your immunity up, and continue after the shot to build up your immune response.
-crofter

Many rural areas it seems are way down on the list of priority sites as the states are concentrated on numbers and making sure large groups are available to be vaccinated. As spring gets people out and about it will be social distancing, masks (with the new variety of virus maybe doubled) and hand washing that continues to be the best plan it seems until vaccine is really available and herd immunity has been achieved which will take time. Even with the vaccine it will be possible for people to get sick and have long term problems so like many countries in the past that we saw wearing masks and using wipes it may become the new normal in this country.

If your lungs are damaged then that would put you into a different class than your age group of under 65. However you will have to present medical proof of the damage that shows you are high risk. No one is going to just take your word for it.

It is 84 degrees in southern AZ right now.  I am basking, feels so good. 
-crofter

Mind control: I was bummed to find that Myanmar has fallen in a military coup again, and outraged to hear that Elon Musk is implanting wireless AI chips in animals, as testing for what next?

Still looking at acrylamides, causative of breast cancer. I threw out my Olay products and waterproof sunscreens which had acrylamides. 

So far I have found that desert essence products, derma-E lotion, and gold bond products and almay makeup do not contain the acrylamides. Still checking for more safe brands to use.

Also on the silicone shampoo caused hair loss, I have discovered that alternating uses:  (between dr bronners soap which strips the silicone, and conventional shampoo which coats your head with silicone) and keeping the silicone containing shampoo away from my scalp is possible. You mostly want the silicone to minimize the appearance of all your split ends so just using it on your ends can get the look without the damage from silicone. 

Silicone is also present in lotions that promise to last longer. The silicone acts as a barrier trapping moisture and clogging pores =breakouts!  Not so worried about hair loss on my skin, but will want to wash regularly with dr bronners soap to remove the silicone from the skin so my pores can breathe and sweat etc.

It takes about three days for your skin to naturally remove the silicone through exfoliation of the skin, and in that time a breakout is born. 

Dr bronners can be thinned down with water to make a super cheap cleanser. Desert essence tea tree oil cleansers will also strip silicone from your skin and hair but cost is higher. The tea tree oil products also safely keep the bugs from bugging you if that's a concern.

Wow I'm just listening to the sounds here, and birds are back in a big way. They can get really noisey here in southern AZ when storms are bad up north. To your health!
-crofter