Crofter's Online discussion and check in chat includes any health condition

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To schedule a covid 19 vaccine appointment, use the website

https://podvaccine.azdhs.gov/

1-844-542-8201 

or call the number listed above 
after  9am on 1-19 for appointments starting in February. 

I heard the door prize is a set of fuzzy dice.
-crofter

Stock up on groceries and drinking water and make sure you have plenty of clean clothes camp isolated on BLM land if you have to stay closer into Yuma, Phoenix or Lake Havasue when going in to get a vaccine. Or else be patient and wait for the less populared areas to get enough vaccine to hold a clinic for your risk group.

crofter said:
Since you asked, I am fine after taking the moderna vaccine. I am allergic to many things, but not this vaccine. We waited at the vaccination site for a bit just in case. Still 8 days left of quarantine, working on building immunity. Staying inside since no one wears the mask here, even though it is required. If others wore the mask I would not have to quarantine all the time.
-crofter (going back to those fishing videos, so fun)

I'm glad you didn't get sick from it - people apparently have more problems with the second shot, so I hope you're okay with that one. I got my first about 10 days ago and got sick with symptoms resembling flu -  fever, chills, headache, dizziness, weakness.  I also got an itchy rash ony arm. My employer said I'm the only employee who has reported a fever (we are under healthcare, so most have already gotten it).

At least one person I know, said his grocery store employer of many years is going to force employees to get the shot or get terminated. So he is expecting to be unemployed. The legal people are saying private employers have a legal right to demand vaccinations unless employees qualify for ADA protection for medical conditions.

I keep trying to schedule for the vaccine but no matter how far out I go for a date I’m getting nothing

Cammalu said:
I keep trying to schedule for the vaccine but no matter how far out I go for a date I’m getting nothing
Camilla, They wont let you scedule an appointment in Arizona this week because you are not over 65 years old.. It does not matter how far out caslendar wise you go because you just are not old enough to qualify to get an appointment at tnis time.

The system is kind of screwy because it does not give you a return saying you are not yet eligible. I guess they just expect you to look at the chart that shows the group classes and then look at what group they are currently giving vaccines to.
So just quit trying to schedule until you see the news that the state is now accepting appointmenrts for your group. It is a waste of time to keep trying for an appointment until your group is announced as being eligible for appointments.

As I am over 65 supposedly I can use the Arizona system begining on Jan. 19 to schedule an appointment but no doubht the system will be overwhelmed and I dont know what time of day they will open the website for my group. But I do know it is unlikely that La Paz county will be offering them to my group this week as they are still working on group 1a. Next have to do group 1b before they get to group 1c which is for 65 and older. I might have to drive to the Phoenix area and it could be quite some time before i can get an appointment. I know I will need a lot of patience to get through all of this vaccination process.

So I've heard a few stories now of people that showed up at an injection site late in the day and got a shot because there were a few no shows for the day. I.e. they skipped their appointments. Good luck, be safe.

Just tried to register for the vaccine for over age 65 at the 24 hour stadium in Phoenix which is the only february event in AZ state for my age group being offered at present. No dice, it must have already been booked up for that month with the previous group. I was online at the site when it opened for registration at 9:00 am today, started towasrds the end of the month and worked all days of the month, nada appointments available for my group. There simply is not enough vaccine or technicians to give the shots to meet the demand. I suspect it will be a lot more months until I can get an appointment in Arizona.

@maki
Try for Yuma after 1pm today for the first shot of Moderna, zip code at the site is 85364. I received a forwarded notice that they are doing appointments for first doses for 65 and over at Yuma Health Dept. The message says there are 750k people statewide in that category, so could be a long process.

Remember it is a supply thing, when they get the doses they will have appointments.

I called today about 2nd shot, and was told they are not doing second shots yet at Yuma. Even though I have received 2 email reminders to make appointments for the second shot. I was not given a time to try again, just to keep checking. She said right now they are doing second shots of Moderna for doctors only at Yuma, and are focusing on first shots for everyone else. 

Looks like there could be a delay on getting the second shot, the Health Dept agent said that receiving the second shot late would still work fine (an opinion not supported by medical research). 
-crofter

I just heard on the radio they're doing shots for 65 and over in my county in VA. Within 15 minutes of having the registration site up, it crashed lol

Here is one of the major logistical log jams in the vaccine process. People are supposed to hang around for 15 minutes after they get a shot in case they have an adverse reactoon. That means even if they can process people quickly and give innoculations very quickly at the far end of the process they can't get people out of the way and off the site with equal efficiency. Of course making enough space to keep everyone 6 feet apart while waiting is another big issue.it is not surprising thhat they are having to turn to sports stadiums in cities to handle the volume of people. Basically you can only move people through as fast as you can get them through that waiting period of time.

@maki
True about the waiting period, you are parked in a row of spaces waiting the 15 minutes.

For us the slow part was walking in to the building. Had to upgrade from a cane to a walker and it took 10 minutes to get in there. Much better idea to just give the shots in the cars with the drive thru method.

By the way it is still raining and the street is full of water. 
-crofter

If they implement the car shot method, hopefully there will be no nose jabbing!
I was quite taken aback when I went for a test and was asked to look up and completely taken unaware by the Q-Tip jab.

God speed to those in their quest for the vaccine!

One can't really equate nasal swabbing with getting a vaccine as medically they totally different procedures with very different post procedure risks. How would you see if someone isitting inside a car is having an advetse reaction and needs assistance?

I was able.to make mom and I appointments for 2/22 at 3:30am at the arena in Glendale last night via the website.  It will be rough to be awake at that time but at least we are officially in line now.

Wow, that time is rough for most people. It's great that they offer those times though, for people who are working late. I'm sure they're getting out vaccines a lot faster there than here.

maki2 said:
...How would you see if someone isitting inside a car is having an advetse reaction and needs assistance?
They tell you to honk the horn if you need assistance, and have you park next to the nurse station who monitors you for the 15 minutes. Then another nurse makes sure you leave the parking lot.
-crofter

Covid numbers are better, with Yuma metro out of the top three. However, Phoenix metro, Tucson, Flagstaff, and Yuma metro areas still rank in the top 15 metro areas nationwide. LaPaz county is not out of the woods with 3 covid 19 deaths today, but not ranked in the top 100 nationally. Please be careful.

The best place to be this winter continues to be Hawaii, for many reasons including their super low covid numbers. 

Nice day with no dust due to the recent dowmpours, 2 1/2 inches in 2 days. Currently 76 degrees and  sunny in southern AZ. 
-crofter

Whew! I caught up with the meet and greet just since New Years lots of new members. Welcome everyone! I know not all my greetings got posted with some error messages saying I am typing too fast (cmon I am an old lady on a phone) so if I missed anyone, we are glad you are all here and have fun building out your rigs and getting on the road.   
-crofter                            :heart: