Anyone in Ehrenburg right now?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno

Reaction score
I'd like to meet up with other CRVLers in Ehernburg, but don't know where to go!

I'm headed to some BLM site Called Levee Road Area BLM. Is that tha right place? Would love to join you for some beans around the campfire (Blazing Saddles reference).

Pretty sure my email in in my profile, but will check back later today for replies.

Thanks!

Were in Ehrenberg. Not on Levee Rd. Not even sure I know where that is. Although, Im not even sure I know where we are! But we are retired and kinda like it that way. As long as I know where the coffee pot is, thats all that matters.  Were just sitting out here in the rocks and enjoying life.

Reno
Pretty sure Bob did a blog on Ehrenberg (sp?), where it's located and what the local amenities are. If I knew how to find it and link it I would but my internet skill set doesn't go that high so just check through his blog. I am planning on being there around the 16th of this month myself and would like to meet some of the others from this forum. Thought it might be a smaller group there than at RTR and be easier to  get to know some folks.

On another note I thought I would plant the seed for a Thanksgiving pot luck at Ehrenberg.
ghsebldr

Map with the area circled in red.

ehrenburgcamp.jpg

Ralph Furley said:
How much is fuel right now at the Flying J in Ehrenburg?

I se you have your answer!

Thanks to everyone for your replies!

Again, check out What3Words for precise geolocation, in areas without addresses, no lat/long required.

On Android, Navmii is an offline nav tool that uses their system.

I am currently in lake havasu city near jamies van build. The place was packed and no good places to camp. I am currently up craggy wash on blm land a few miles away so it is an easy drive to the event. Planning on going to ehrenberg, maybe sooner rather than later. Would also like to meet others in the area. If you are in lake havasu area, you are welcome to join me here. I am 1.2 miles from 95 up the wash on the left. Small 5th wheel and a white 2017 ram 1500 regular cab pickup.

-Mike

Thanks, Mike, 
I met a nice couple in Ehrenberg, but saw very few campers and those who were there were widely dispersed. 

I'll be heading to the Walmart in Parker so I won't be so alone, but would like to catch up with you when you get to Ehrenberg. 

Steve

Ok Reno,

Not exactly sure when I will head down to the berg but by next weekend sometime I am guessing, maybe sooner. I can pm u my cell and you can drop me a text.

-Mike

Cool.

Federal Reserve, NYC is "rats.burn.attend"

Good choice of words.

Yes, most of the Earth's surface doesn't have an address, and messing with the different lat/long systems is a PITA.

Since eight more random triplets are always just ten feet away, you can usually find interesting / appropriate and therefore easy to remember ones nearby any spot.

Comes in real handy to set a meetup for a particular end of some huge mall's parking area.

I find the lat/long system easy but I have been using it for years. I can pull the coordinates off a paper map and feed it to a GPS or vice versa. now if you want to get legal you must know the US Land Survey System.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Land_Survey_System

I also have a converter to convert the Public Land Survey into Lat/Long.
how would you use that three word thingy on a paper map?

highdesertranger

I just got to Ehrenburg yesterday. Was a Van Build but needed some space.