24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a luxury! I was wondering how to make ice cream while out on the road.

I may have to carry enough electrical to run a freezer.

Good morning (yes, still morning here on the West Coast) ... so far today I've painted another page border in my bullet journal, with ink, and I organized the car port better - it is supposed to be my new gardening shed... since the van won't fit in there. Unlocked the front gate - I don't always do that. Took a wheelbarrow full of rose clippings out to the back 40 to dump... decided on a better place for my compost pile. And I'm reading an art book. All before noon. I'm on my second mug full of tea.

TC, you should start a thread showing your travels in the "Captains Logs" section. That way people can track it a lot easier. Some of the threads over there are really cool, with lots of great pics.

my sister has a magic ball that makes ice cream. she adds all the stuff and you shake it, toss it, kick it for awhile and presto ice cream. highdesertranger

94 degrees... 30% humidity.. and it feels like a down cycle day.  Ever have those days that no matter how bright and sunny you just feel every bump.

Try as I might nothing is going smoothly today so far. Went and took back the igloo that was a fine start..and then it went down hill.. hit my head.. my elbow.. fumbling things...too bad we don't have a delete the day button.

I think I need a rootbeer float.

One good thing, my carpenter buddy reserved Monday and Tuesday coming up to finish my remodel. After expecting this to have happened 2 weeks ago I  think it is finally nearing the end.  Need to install bug screening on the windows.. and finish putting magnets on the black outs. I think I am going to be using a lot of super glue.

It was suggested to me that a rivet gun may be a better alternative to using super glue to fasten the screening around the windows. So I am going to try and educate myself about that process today.

If ya'll have any positive energy to spare.. please send it this way....

signed-
The Husk.

what material are you trying to attach the bug screens to? I thought magnets was the preferred method. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
what material are you trying to attach the bug screens to?  I thought magnets was the preferred method.  highdesertranger
I am going to just attache them to the metal van frame around the windows.  The curtains I am using the neo magnets... with a drop of super glue to hold to the curtain??..lol 

I did take patch material..trimmed and ironed over the magnets to hold in place on the blackout curtains... I am not sewing anything... not sure how many folks are aware.. but heat will ruin the rare earth magnets..:(( the ironing of the patches over them completely ruined them... I looked it up online after...

You think it would be ok to super glue some neo magnets to the screens also and just toss them up? Id be fine using packing/duct tape at this point.

Cause that sounds good to me.

I like my coffee strong, with real cream and a little sugar.

My favorite way to eat peaches is in a cobbler I make that includes the usual topping but has crushed ginger snaps in the peach filling.

To die for.

Coffee strong with a spoon of sugar and some Bailey's if available, otherwise just the sugar.

Ginger snaps in cobbler, never had it that way. I like cinnamon and nutmeg mixed in the peaches.

B and C said:
Coffee strong
All this talk about coffee made me realize what my problem today was.

I haven't had any for a few months now and today I decided to get a 16oz Americano with 4 shots!

I have been jittery all darn day.

I love the flavor of strong coffee..but never again. Today I had my last taste.

desert_sailing said:
I haven't had any for a few months now and today I decided to get a 16oz Americano with 4 shots!
What is that?  4 shots of alcohol?

I make my own in a drip coffee maker.

QxxxTC, you should start a thread showing your travels in the "Captains Logs" section. That way people can track it a lot easier. Some of the threads over there are really cool, with lots of great pics.
 thats a great Idea

B and C said:
What is that?  4 shots of alcohol?

I make my own in a drip coffee maker.
4 espresso shots..
good lord.. no booze.
Id be passed out instead of jittery if that were the case... which would be preferable instead of feeling all jacked up.

TruckCamper99 said:
QxxxTC, you should start a thread showing your travels in the "Captains Logs" section. That way people can track it a lot easier. Some of the threads over there are really cool, with lots of great pics.
 thats a great Idea
TC if you click on the "reply" button, it inserts the previous person's message in a window, which you can edit if you like, and then gives you a separate place to put your own reply below it. 

There are some really cool threads on the Captain's Logs. I especially like this guy CB, as his pictures are outstanding. Mississippi river boats, wow. Also, in general, you have to reduce picture sizes down from what digital cameras take, as the forum gods don't like to show 8-bazillion pixels.
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=39215

And welcome to the forum, too, :).

Qxxx said:
TC if you click on the "reply" button, it inserts the previous person's message in a window, which you can edit if you like, and then gives you a separate place to put your own reply below it. 

There are some really cool threads on the Captain's Logs. I especially liked this guy CB, as his pictures are outstanding. Mississippi river boats, wow.
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=39215

And welcome to the forum, too, :).
Testest and thank you for the warm welcome