Nature Lover and friends keep in touch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I saw a big brown bat fly by this evening just a few minutes before full dark. I am camped near the Grand Canyon some hillsides and cliff where there would be some recesses. There are some old structures here and there in the area over along the historic Grand Canyon Railroad line. I do not drive out that far as I do not want to stress my vehicle suspension on those rougher forest service roads that are pretty rutted from the 4 wheeler activity. This area has deer hunting in the fall so mud ruts can get pretty deep the further in you go away from the highway.

I am camped in the Coconino forest this evening. I just heard an owl gently hooting. It has been years since I have heard one! The last time I actually saw one it was a Snowy Owl that showed up in my Seattle neighborhood. He hung around that part of town for a while as there were several large natural wooded parklands plus beach areas too. Enough averages of woods that sometimes cougars found their way to that part of town traveling along deep wooded ravines from the many miles away wild areas in the mountains to the East. Those ravines were wildlife corridors.

Last edited: