Nature Lover and friends keep in touch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1553.jpeg
Hanging out with the big boys at a rest stop heading east along I-40 on the way to high country in Northern AZ. The Lake Havasu City area where I had been doing dispersed BLM camping was predicted to head into triple digit temperature this next Monday.

I am now settled in for a little while at a new camp at 6830’ elevation near Eilliams, AZ. I had to get my sleeping bag out of storage as the nights are not literally freezing but still cold enough to give me popsicle toes even with three blankets on the bed. I tried to start my diesel heater this morning but the control panel was not getting power. Fortunately I found the electrical gremlin in less than a minute. The road vibrations during the move had backed off a spade connector. It was not totally disconnected but had backed off enough to lose good connectivity. I will give that connector a gentle squeeze with pliers and that should be all it takes to give it a stronger grip. I like easy fixes.
Another case of following the instructions given by my instructor in the computer repair class I took at University, always check the physical connections first. This one was the third connection I tested! So an easy find and an easy fix!

Last edited:
Ben glad to see you posting that the surgery seems to have gone OK. Debbie and Hank driving you craz…ear plugs!

No worries about getting fixing the furnace fixed. Within a couple of weeks Mother Nature will turn a big furnace on high for you.
It wasn’t so much the need for a furnace but the use of my other gas appliances…
Deb and Hank are a lot of fun to have around. It’s more her that has to put up with crazy me. As I wrap up the third week my patience is growing thin…

But… I’m hoping we get an update on nature lover and how he’s doing with his situation. I’m always hoping for that miracle like that of tiny Tim where he can toss his scooter aside and hop on his Harley and ride!

Ben, I do have Nature Lover’s regular email address. He gave it to me when his cell service was unreliable. I am not going to post it publicly but if you really want it out of concern contact me by private message.

The pitter patter of little birds feet on my roof is back! I never hear it during the winter in the desert as there are very few small birds around. The ones that do show up stay in the bushes along the washes. But now I am back in the forest areas again where there is more water and plenty of grass seeds and berries. No rain this week but during monsoon season standing water on my flat solar panel and water in the small puddles on my trailer roof become bird baths and drinking water sources. For the past 4 years I keep thinking about getting a small plastic hummingbird feeder. But then I remind myself it is another expense and yet another chore and another item to empty and store for moving camp and then set back up. So I continue to resist temptation but I still keep right on looking at them in the stores. One of those mental battles I will have to keep right on fighting due to a real need to minimize what I can travel with. But I do have a life sized glass bead hummingbird figure I purchased in Los Algodones, Mexico. My 3rd winter of going there and resisting pesky vendors I finally said yes to one last year.

Last edited: