24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went grocery shopping today and i saw a apple grove just loaded with small apples. they are about 1.5 months out. you know what that means fall is in the air and we have hardly had a summer. highdesertranger

GypsyJan said:
The pandemic shrunk all my clothes :(
You too?!  The wide spread seems to be wide spread around here, too.  Do you think the CDC should add it to the official list of symptoms?

B and C said:
It won't feel like fall here until the end of October!
Moved to Texas from Ohio.  As kids there, we dressed for Halloween as hunchbacks, mummies and well-padded monsters.  Here?  Cheerleaders and fairies were popular.

nature lover said:
Just my a temp at some nomad humor.  Did it offend you tx2 sturgis?  If it offends anyone I will ask a”no-mod” to take it down.  I thought it was humorous - l love humor but don,t want to offend.
Humorous, I got it at #3.
At the same time a PSA about looking for that special someone on the Internet. You may end up spending the rest of your life quicker than you thought.

At Old Fort Warden  near Port Townsend, WA this morning to pick up my WA state park Discover pass so I can stay on state lands. It is a beautiful pllace, they Filmed "An Officer And A Gentleman" at this location. there is camping here but full. I am staying at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds which is less expensive, no hookup $17, but I opted for partial since I
Still need to hook up the solar controller today.   Lots of errands to do today but also a few favorite places to visit.  Trailer is pulling just great with the new receiver on it

maki2 said:
At Old Fort Warden  near Port Townsend, WA...  Trailer is pulling just great with the new receiver on it
Good to hear from you maki!  Port Townsend has been on my list of places to visit for ages.  Excellent to know the trailer is behaving itself, too.

So happy you're on the road, Maki... Washington is a beautiful place to tour.

GypsyJan - my clothes shrank too. I'm dieting now, using Noom.

Time to go close my gate. Almost sunset!

10-day weather forecast here, low 90s. And I see Yuma has "cooled" off to 110F. I guess I'll not relocate, although it was beautiful there in February. 

Still no major wild fires in WA, OR, or NorCal, other than the same ones in the far n.e. of CA. Except for the big mess, would be a good summer to travel.

I just cancelled a trip to Yreka for a bone density scan. I just don't want to go. I do have to go there for an oil change soon... before the possible trip to Idaho.

Sitting in line waiting for my oil change right now! Just left Les Scwabb where I got a full brake job. Waiting until I got to a small town  that was still big enough to have a Les Scwabb turned out to be the right decision. They put it on the rack confirmed what iI knew, time for a brake job and they had the parts in stock.. 2 hours later all done as they were very considerate and  put two people on it since I had no option but to wait. Goodwill store was a block away so I bought 3 T-shirts which I did not dare do in Seatlle because of the crowded store and Covid. So 3 essential errands done all within 3 blocks And 3 hours. I even got to watch a few youtube videos while waiting.

maki2 said:
So 3 essential errands done all within 3 blocks And 3 hours...
Good going!  I love it when things flow like that.  (Have to say I'm envious of your Goodwill trip.  Thrift store and library/book browsing is one of a handful of things I really miss about these times.)

travelaround said:
I just cancelled a trip to Yreka for a bone density scan...
I don't mean to get too personal, but I am curious:  will results from a bone density scan be helpful?  I've not had one, because I feel sure mine is quite low (very small boned, etc.), and I don't know of anything other than what I do now that would change that, with the exception, perhaps of pharmaceutical inventions.

Either way, I sure can't fault you for avoiding trips to town!

travelaround said:
I just cancelled a trip to Yreka for a bone density scan. I just don't want to go. I do have to go there for an oil change soon... before the possible trip to Idaho.
There are forest service roads all around your area. If I lived there, I'd be walking all over the place, and eventually up the mountain tops. That's the best exercise for people over 40. Builds bone density, strengthens the muscles, helps lose weight, increases lung performance, keeps the cardiovascular system healthy, and you'll start whistling and singing "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off for fun we go".

100 degree  ..14% humidity.. 6pm... LCV

Dry heat is the best.. just crisps you up!

Sofisintown said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I've got a bed!   :D :D :D :D 
It is not wobbly, and the top opens, so I'll call it good!
Great achievement and an important one for function. Well done.

Sofisintown said:
Looks good!  And just look at all the room you still have!  (Today is my day for being green around the edges.)

Sofisintown said:
So excited to see your build pics here!!

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Interesting design, Sofi. Did you used to be an architect in a former life, by any chance? It almost looks like art, :).