24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people look for things to be angry about.

I look for things to worry about. :/

I see it as the person who delivers water as being a person who truly loves that place and hated seeing that wanton destruction. Maybe to you that person's job is irrelevant seeming but their reaction says they are not just there to collect a paycheck for water delivery, they do truly feel connected to their place of employment. They do care about the land and what happens on it

Just sitting here reading. Took two naps. Slept ten hours last night. (unusual) .. anyhow, recovering from my journeys. Finished two books today and hope to finish one more this evening.

A community downriver is being evacuated and the fire may be coming our way. People who were burned out last year are already packing, just in case it comes here.

Personally, I'm not too worried about this current fire at this time. They are evacuating places 20 to 30 miles from here. I just did the research at the Inciweb website and listened to the most recent fire update on video. A small town called Ti-Bar is evacuated and some campgrounds and a guest ranch. I haven't packed anything into my van yet. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Travelaround I certainly hope you wont have to evacuate...again. But if you do don't leave the build essentials behind. They are too hard to collect. Carpenters are much easier to find in areas where they are not busy with the rebuilding after fires. Of course then the issue is where do you live while the build is going on? No point in trying to solve that problem unless it becomes a reality. However there are van builds that will happen this coming fall in the Southwest so you can remember that for a fall back option for fire or for your carpenter flaking out on you.

Maki, nice kid!

Tina, what did you tell the guy that yelled at you about the tree?

I have temporary custody of my ex-husband's 1980 RX7 that my oldest daughter got in the estate probate. I slacked and didn't start it up for a few months and now have the battery charger on a trickle charge. When it first got here I started it up and it wouldn't stay running without me giving it gas. wtf?? When I went to pop the hood this morning there is the Choke thing right in front of my face. duh

I took it out for a drive when I first got it and it wouldn't stay running, I think the idle needs adjusting or something. Otherwise it seems to run pretty good, I know he took very good care of it. Engine is nice and clean except for a couple spiderwebs now. No sign of mice.

Wanderingsoul,

Sounds like bad gas to me. If it's only partly full you could fill it up and run that new gas/old gas mix through it and see how it does but if it's already full you'll want to siphon out and dispose of the old gas and fill it with new (plus a can of fuel conditioner).

Johnny

Ok, thanks! I'm sure he put whatever fuel stuff in you need to do if you're storing a car but I don't know how long ago that was. I know he did everything you're suppose to do. He passed a year ago though.

maki2 said:
I see it as the person who delivers water as being a person who truly loves that place and hated seeing that wanton destruction. Maybe to you that person's job is irrelevant seeming but their reaction says they are not just there to collect a paycheck for water delivery, they do truly feel  connected to their place of employment. They do care about the land and what happens on it
Well, what you see is fiction. Nobody is getting a paycheck. It's a seasonal miner getting water for himself at the campground.

Caring about land doesn't give anyone license to take out their upset on another human.

Also, it turns out that the "tree" he yelled at me about was just a fallen limb that someone dragged to the side of the building.

Cammalu, I was a long way away. I shook my head no and shrugged. Finished talking to the campers at my site and started walking toward the yeller to talk with him, but he hopped in his truck and kicked up a cloud of dust on his way out.

WS, I used to be a worrier too. Now I try try try to be a bright sides finder instead. The bright sides of this story are that I have a new story that can be made funny in the telling, and that no trees died to make it possible. Heh. I do still worry about snakes and mosquitoes tho!

Duing this monsoon season. I did a seatch on recent news in Flagstaff. Good to occassionaly keep up on the local news in this area of the state I am staying in. It turns out I left that ladt campsite just in time as that agterrnoon there was a once in200 t0 500 year rainfall event that stalled for 5 hours in that mointain area. The Red alert flash flood warning went just after I got enough distance away so that I did not get an alert on my phone.

That much prolonged heavy rainfall would likely have overflowed into my campsite from the road next to it as the nearby retention pond was already pretty full of water. I had already overstayed my time limit by a couple of days and really did not want to be hitching up in the rain so put a push on to get moved before noon. Heavy rain was not predicted, it was more about the nuisance of having to put away wet tents ripping onto the floor my trailer and onto stuff in my car plus ending up soaked.

JohnnyM said:
Wanderingsoul,

Sounds like bad gas to me. If it's only partly full you could fill it up and run that new gas/old gas mix through it and see how it does but if it's already full you'll want to siphon out and dispose of the old gas and fill it with new (plus a can of fuel conditioner).

Johnny

There's hardly any gas in her at all.  Knowing him, he probably only kept enough gas in her to run once in a a while and put in fresh as needed.  I'll get some gas tomorrow and take her for a spin.  Oil really needs to be changed though and that surprises me.

She still runs so smooth!

edit: By 'fuel conditioner' do you mean fuel stabilizer? I think you can only use that if the tank is mostly full and I don't want to do that.

You can add some fuel conditioner into the new gas which will mix with the old gas. I do think changing the fuel filter might be a good idea as well. Sometimes, if you are lucky, they are easy to reach and faily inexpensive to purchase..

I was reading some of this thread... interesting to hear the different situations going on simultaneously... rain, dry, hot, not as hot. But all being so caring and supportive of each other.
I ended up taking an ambulance ride the other night. We were talking over scenarios at EMR training. Mine ended up being real! I went almost non responsive. Waiting for a spinal tap in the morning. Couple times I thought, this is it. I’ve been blessed with angel nurses, friends and family. Hard to just lay here... kinda feel guilty. You all impress me a lot. My only regret will be not meeting you all if I don’t pull outta this.

How truly horrible for you Ben. I certainly hope you do pull out of this OK. Glad you were in a place where you got help right away as that often makes a big difference in the resolution of a medical crisis.

Ben! Holy moly what a scary thing to happen! By now you would have been finished with the spinal tap. Let us know something as soon as you can. Sending good thoughts your way.

Nctryben, a prayer just left PA to heaven for you. I don.t deserve that He hears my prayers; but I known He does.