24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wandering:  I'm no expert, but suspect if it is dying rather than idling it may have something to do with the battery having been run down.  Moby ('96 Express) has an "idle relearn" sequence that needs to be done after the battery is disconnected or discharged, for example.  Might be worth looking into.

Ok. I'll look into it, I have a thread going at the RX7 sub on Reddit.

I put in some new gas and some Royal Purple gas stuff.

WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS THOSE NEW SPOUTS ON GAS CANS??? omg

Hello - I talked to RV guy again this morning. He's still working on another project but dropped by here to pay me for wood I bought for that other project while I was in Oregon. All is well and proceeding according to no schedule.

People from downriver are in town - after being evacuated there. You can feel that "displacement" feeling in the air. I think they're passing through to get to shelters in Yreka. The fire camp is here, down at the river park. No smoke in the air today. Nice to have a clear sky.

Got out and did errands. Nice to be able to spend the rest of the day reading, if I should be so lucky. Prayers for NctryBen.

"WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS THOSE NEW SPOUTS ON GAS CANS??? omg"

CARB, California Air Resources Board. Then it was adopted by the EPA.

Highdesertranger

^^^Be sure to check the antifreeze and oil. Rotary motors actually use antifreeze to make the intake air thicker to help cold starts. Rotary motors are also designed to use about a quart of oil every 500 or 1,000 miles to keep the rotor apex seals lubricated. Rotary motors don't sit well as the chamber surface can flake off due to corrosion and destroy them.

Cold starts need the motor to warm up completely to insure all antifreeze is out of the chambers before shutting off the motor as it will cause corrosion of the chrome lined chambers. RX7 are really different than most cars and won't last long if used for short 5 minute trips and allowed to sit for weeks on end.

NctryBen:

Some of us are better met in cyber space :)
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

bullfrog said:
^^^Be sure to check the antifreeze and oil. Rotary motors actually use antifreeze to make the intake air thicker to help cold starts. Rotary motors are also designed to use about a quart of oil every 500 or 1,000 miles to keep the rotor apex seals lubricated.

Yeah, the oil is full up but needs to be changed.  I need antifreeze too.  What's in there is orange colored.  Prestone is yellowy-green, like Vit B pee. lol

bullfrog said:
Cold starts need the motor to warm up completely to insure all antifreeze is out of the chambers before shutting off the motor as it will cause corrosion of the chrome lined chambers. RX7 are really different than most cars and won't last long if used for short 5 minute trips and allowed to sit for weeks on end.

^^Oh boy :/

I know he hadn't been driving it much.  But he was always good about starting it up every month and I know he did take it for short drives sometimes.

GypsyJan said:
NctryBen:

Some of us are better met in cyber space :)
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks there... laying on my back 10 hours and four to go. No results yet... thank you for prayers and all. I have solar panels, charge controller and batteries coming my way. I’m bound determined to be set and ready with my camper build soon.
I enjoy people... I hope to meet a lot of everyone. Definitely going to put roots down enough to enjoy and relax... Anybody need anything tool wise? I’ll try to have a variety...

NctryBen - that's a kind offer!

Back around 35-40 years ago we use to buy tools wholesale to resell at a flea market. Sometimes when money was low we sold them out of the back of our car. I wonder now if people thought they were stolen. But no - all bought wholesale.

I never had any problem selling tools. Anywhere I went there was always someone who wanted them.

I could use a 10 inch tablesaw, but I want it for next week ;) But no worries, I will manage to do a good job of the drawer building with some alterantive tools I already own. I am trying to reform my tool buying addiction by living in a very small travel trailer and car. It is almost working...

What an awesome fun project wandering soul. I hope you have a good time with that.
I’m very impressed with the talent across the forums here. Would love to help with projects this winter.
Nature Lover are you going back to Florida later on this fall/ winter?
I heard wholesale lumber took a dive in price: so maybe by this winter we can afford to build a little more.

NctryBen said:
What an awesome fun project wandering soul. I hope you have a good time with that.

Yeah, but it's a fun project for a mechanic, which I am most definitely not.  The car belonged to my ex-husband who was a ship's engineer.  He had a few classic vehicles.

I hope you get some answers and feel better soon!

NcTryBen  :heart:   
You sound like an amazing person with so much love & compassion for others… amazing to have those qualities… I hope whatever you are going through now will heal quickly… 

:heart:

Gypsy... I’m just a regular person...

Um, they say they can’t find anything. I go to Duluth to a vascular doctor to see what they think. But now they’re thinking it’s effects from having covid several times. I never got that sick!

Sometimes damage from a virus or infection is not apparent untill some other health issue puts extra stress on your body. Hopefully they will get it figured out and resolved quickly.

It is a total drag having to go through multiple test without finding a cause right away. Having your life put on hold with music you hate playing in your head. But you can't hang up because you absolutely have to get an answer to a question ASAP.

You will get through these test just like you have done way too many times before. But I have no advice on how to make the waiting any easier because it is not easy to go through this kind of unpredictable storm.

NctryBen said:
Gypsy... I’m just a regular person...

Um, they say they can’t find anything. I go to Duluth to a vascular doctor to see what they think. But now they’re thinking it’s effects from having covid several times. I never got that sick!

Apparently, you don't have to have been that sick with COVID in order to develop the "long COVID". Very nasty little beastie, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it has a few more tricks up its sleeve.

Take care y'self.

I have a friend in Ireland that has been deathly ill for months...and the doctors don't know what's wrong with her either....I've been feeling horrible for the past 2 years.....they can't find anything wrong with me either.....and I've never been so unwell in my whole life.......it amazes me that these doctors are suppose to be doctors....but they are very limited in their skills & knowledge.....or whatever you wanna call it.....they SHOULD KNOW what's wrong in my opinion !!!!!!

Anyways....I hope you get the right diagnosis Ben.