You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let 'em know there's NEW SHERIFF in town...
Stinkin Badge.jpg

Attachments

• Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 9
When I was little, about that same age as my avatar looking thing I went to visit some relatives that lived back in the hills. They told me that if anyone asked where I was from I was to tell them "I'm from Boogerhole, West Virginia". So, some 50 plus years later I still do...

Motrukdriver being from a place like that you sure must have some ain't right stories you can spill on the YARC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once, a very long time ago, I got fed up with the southern Ohio lifestyle so I set out a trip to points much further south on my bike. Motorcycle to be clear. Well it was late March but I was determined to get rolling. Had my bike all packed and set up for the long haul. I didn't realize it was still pretty dang cold going thru the mountains on the West Virginia Turnpike. Absolutely freezing to be exact. Made it as far as Princeton WVa and I sat at that Shoney's drinking coffee for about 6 hours trying to bring my core temp back up to somewhat normal. Note to self and anyone that reads this, when it is nice in the flat lands it can still be bitter cold in them thar mountains.... So, after finally getting under way I reached the beach tourist trap known as Myrtle Beach. Hallelujah it was warm and soooo nice. Nice enough to do a little drinkin. Found out real quick that the local po po didn't much care for my kinda of fun. Another note to self and anyone reading this, do NOT ride wheelies thru the arcades after drinking because you are celebrating. So, there I was standing in front of the judge. He asked me how much money I had and silly me said "Your honor, I have $94 to my name". That old judge slammed that gavel down and said my fine was exactly $94, pay the clerk and get out of town. Made it back to a relative's house in North Carolina by panhandling enough change and decided it was time to not party so hard and ended up selling that old bike. Man, I miss those days!!!

Love it, Motr! I was born near Cripple Creek, Virginia, at the foot of a mountain called Mule Hell. I always tell people that from a place like that, the only way you can go is Up. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

I gotta do this!!!   Imagine the "man, you ain't right's" you'd get having one of these up on the wall of your living quarters.

Linda Cripple-Creek said:
Love it, Motr! I was born near Cripple Creek, Virginia, at the foot of a mountain called Mule Hell. I always tell people that from a place like that,  the only way you can go is Up. [emoji6]

I got a lot of kin still in Virginia.  First one that came over on the boat from England settled in Amherst County back in the 1750's.  Still a bunch of us left in those parts with my same last name.  I hauled a load of rolled paper out of one of the mills there and asked around.  Seems they all like Jeeps for some reason... go figure.  The shipping folks asked me if I liked Jeeps too and I hadda laugh.

I spent many nights in those truck stops at Wytheville. I'm guessing you been up and down Fancy Gap more than a couple times as well.

My parents lived in Jenkins Kentucky when I was born, the old house was built between the curve in the train tracks and a creek which was the only flat land available. The creek changed course and ran under the end of the house where the kitchen was so it would flood the kitchen at high water. Mom and I could pick up enough coal to heat the house from the front yard as it fell off the over loaded train cars making the curve. I was considered spoiled because I lived in a house with running water and free heat! No wonder I can sleep through almost anything. Gave my Billy the Bass to my cousin when I started traveling.

Well , Motrukdriver , You're IN !
Stinkin Badge.jpg

If you find yourself wondering just exactly what you just became a part of ....read the thread from post #1 ! It won't take long to find the answer.

Here's our flag :p
YARC Flag of the Realm.jpg

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Attachments

• Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 7
  • YARC Flag of the Realm.jpg
    YARC Flag of the Realm.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Oh yeah, Motr! Drove a 5th wheel down Fancy Gap mountain once on old 52. Scared the puddin' outta me! Had to find places to stop and "rest" the brakes. First ever experience with a 5th wheel and that's a lesson i won't forget! That trek down I77 is one of the most dangerous in VA (I'm sure you already know). Interesting to run into someone who knows that area.

1am happy high, on the way back from Chattanooga with some old friends (who've all gone their separate ways now).

Denny's waitress: "How do you want your eggs?"
Me: "Nailed to a board."
Waitress: "..."

Well, it seemed hilarious then. :)

rvpopeye said:

If you find yourself wondering just exactly what you just became a part of ....read the thread from post #1 ! It won't take long to find the answer.

Here's our flag  :p

T W O h s,,,,P. O.
Doesn't motrukdriver's warrant a manure spreader? I need to know the requirements! Thanx

rvpopeye said:

Here's our flag  :p

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Thank you, thank you.  I prepared a little speech just in case...  (stands with his hat over his heart)  I stand here before you and what ever deity you worship including the flying spaghetti monster and I pledge to uphold the responsibility bestowed upon me for this badge.  I shall wear it with honor and will never tarnish the ideals it represents.  My whole life has been geared towards "making the grade" from the time I was the shoe shine boy at the local barber shop in town all the way to the wayward retired bum status I've achieved.  Thank you for recognizing my struggle for acceptance (wipes a small tear from his eye) and I shall endeavor to maintain and expound upon what ever "ain't right" as the once sharp but now fleeting memories will allow.  Again, thank you to each and every one of you for your patience and support (looks to the sky and whispers "Chris Farley, this is for you")

Ha. Do i ever!! (This is gonna get me another one of those off-topic chit-chat warnings. Oh well.)

bullfrog said:
My parents lived in Jenkins Kentucky when I was born, the old house was built between the curve in the train tracks and a creek which was the only flat land available.

Makes me think of this: