You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And we wonder why all this is so confuserating.
Hey , wait just a minute !
3 pine cone clusters?
Where am I going to hang the third one???
Never MIND !
Don't tell me !
They all go on the jacket

I know full well that all the bling just exists in digital nothingness ......
Soooooooo,
I'm just going to copy the pic of that jacket and put all my bling on it with photoshop or something. (Maybe just keep it all in a folder on the HDD. would be easier?)
No polishing or dry cleaning bills either !

I just made the (still incomplete) list so I would remember and it is all not needed now ,after my decree that all are responsible to put their club info in their sig line....................

Now , I think we need to get back to something resembling REAL "club" business..

I'm going to the beach !
My band "The Son's Of The Beach" are setting up and I gotta be there to count notes and run wires.......
If anyone wants to show up , don't forget your ear plugs ....it's gonna get LOUD !

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Cammalu said:
I, Monkeyfoot, She Who Must Be Obeyed, and The Nominator hereby nominate Gary69 for a Stinkin Badge for angering mechanics and possibly causing concussions.

The proof:

0eece670c6bc0d00b2ef2078eb40c377.jpg

TWO?

Since T W O has chickened out on his exhaulted duties, and tossed the entire Stinkin Mess on my lap ~~~ (BWAHAHAA!!!)  

Gary 68, known as Gary 69.  It is to my great enjoyment to give you a long overdue badge.  About 800 posts ago, you revieled that you are / were a musician type peson.  Since it has been decreed that anyone doing anything related to making noise with the body "AINT RIGHT" ~~~  I award you with a long over due STINKIN BADGE.

Now ~~~  She with a Monkey That Must Be Obeyed ~~~  :huh: has velmently stated that playing the horns on a mechanic "Aint Rigt" in the greatest degree, and I agree.  Therefor I award you another "STINKIN BADGE.    

May you place them where they do not cause damage.  

A speech is required by order of the Foot Monkey.    :D

Attachments

• stinkin badge 2.jpg
    stinkin badge 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 3
rvpopeye said:
And we wonder why all this is so confuserating.
Hey , wait just a minute !
3 pine cone clusters?
Where am I going to hang the third one???
Never MIND !
Don't tell me !
They all go on the jacket

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

:D The clusters are to be strategically placed on the lower flaps.  Two in the back, and one in the front.   :idea:   :dodgy:   :blush:

Upon further consideration, in honor of your struggle to both understand WTF is happening here, and careing for family ~~~  You can have two more STINKIN BADGES and the full montey.  And just because ~~~ (I am mean) One more cluster to give you a four pack.

You still must obey She Who Has The Monkey and make an acceptance speech.

Attachments

• stinkin badge 2.jpg
    stinkin badge 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 4
  • stinkin badge 3.jpg
    stinkin badge 3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
  • pine cone cluster.jpg
    pine cone cluster.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 4
for honking my horn??? i think not,it takes more then that to get a badge so i submit this

early 80's subaru,good car,coming home i suddenly started to feel a vibration in the front,hit the brakes and the vibration turned in to a hard wiggle
got out and my passengers side tire was at an angle,jacked it up and the large nut that holds the halfshaft,brakes,wheel bearing was striped
went in the back,grabbed my hammer,a 16 penny duplex and pounded it through the cotter pin hole,drove it up and down a small mountain range and then 15 miles home with a nail holding my tire on

or

when i was 12ish,me and my cousin make a deal for most of his star wars cards,then later he had a change of heart and told the grown ups that i took them so they confiscated most of my cards and give them to him,rage,i laid in waiting for the perfect moment
that moment came when he thought he was stronger than me,bench press,i suck but put up everything i could,he had no chance,got maybe halfway up then back on his chest at which time i wipped it out and pee'd all over him cursing about the cards,when the grown ups found out the truth about the cards was revealed,still got in trouble but oh well

Okay, I've been holding back. My Battery in Vietnam was 105MM howitzers (6) and a platoon of 4 duece mortars (2). The guys assigned to the guns had developed a challenge amongst themselves to see who could "Ride" the 105 thru recoil at different charges. There are 7. 1-4 not so bad, I had tried it once and lived. I was dared, ( I was an unknown, I was mostly with my infantry unit) to 'ride' a charge 5.

I showed no fear as I was not going to be outdone by a gun pouge. The procedure was to hold onto the tube (barrel) and ride the thing thru the hydrolic recoil. Riding one was done facing the rear, toward the breech. I strapped on my helmet, zipped my flak jacket for the first time in memory and climbed aboard. The command came from the fire direction officer and a smiling gun pouge yanked the lanyard.

I landed about 15 feet from the gun, gravel embedded in my hands, knees and anything else that hit the ground. AND i had to buy the damn beer.

We had a guy, now a MD in Houston who tried charge seven, the most powder in the canister. He almost made it completely out of the gun parapet 35 ft away. He won't talk about it now.

Rob

A short video of a 105 firing, about a minute or so.

Hmmmm

remind me when gunny says"hey,you want to try something?" to say NO

The funny, or in my case stupid, things are what I like to think about. And lord knows there were plenty.

I, Monkeyfoot, She Who Must Be Obeyed and The Nominator hereby nominate RobndaHood aka Gunny for exceptional not rightness proven by the fact that he 'rode' a five? footer, to the rear and managed to come thru with only a little gravel embedded in his hands.

Overlord please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this yesterday and thought, "That ain't right."

d26b2e5e0c6ed6e623e8067af059b5ba.jpg

Gary68 said:
for honking my horn??? i think not,it takes more then that to get a badge so i submit this

early 80's subaru,good car,coming home i suddenly started to feel a vibration in the front,hit the brakes and the vibration turned in to a hard wiggle
got out and my passengers side tire was at an angle,jacked it up and the large nut that holds the halfshaft,brakes,wheel bearing was striped
went in the back,grabbed my hammer,a 16 penny duplex and pounded it through the cotter pin hole,drove it up and down a small mountain range and then 15 miles home with a nail holding my tire on  

or

when i was 12ish,me and my cousin make a deal for most of his star wars cards,then later he had a change of heart and told the grown ups that i took them so they confiscated most of my cards and give them to him,rage,i laid in waiting for the perfect moment
that moment came when he thought he was stronger than me,bench press,i suck but put up everything i could,he had no chance,got maybe halfway up then back on his chest at which time i wipped it out and pee'd all over him cursing about the cards,when the grown ups found out the truth about the cards was revealed,still got in trouble but oh well

First paragraph.  It is not the blowing of your own horn,   :huh:  but the timing was was far from right.

Second pargraph,  Standard repair practice.  

Paragraph the 3rd ~~~   :huh:  :dodgy:  :blush:  What was that???  One sentance that ~~~  :s  confuses the hell out of me.  That aint right.  I cant tell you why, but ~~~ How about writing it again when you are not laughing yourself silly.

RobndaHood said:
Okay, I've been holding back. My Battery in Vietnam was 105MM howitzers (6) and a platoon of 4 duece mortars (2). The guys assigned to the guns had developed a challenge amongst themselves to see who could "Ride" the 105 thru recoil at different charges. There are 7. 1-4 not so bad, I had tried it once and lived. I was dared, ( I was an unknown, I was mostly with my infantry unit) to 'ride' a charge 5.

I showed no fear as I was not going to be outdone by a gun pouge. The procedure was to hold onto the tube (barrel) and ride the thing thru the hydrolic recoil. Riding one was done facing the rear, toward the breech. I strapped on my helmet, zipped my flak jacket for the first time in memory and climbed aboard. The command came from the fire direction officer and a smiling gun pouge yanked the lanyard.

I landed about 15 feet from the gun, gravel embedded in my hands, knees and anything else that hit the ground. AND i had to buy the damn beer.

We had a guy, now a MD in Houston who tried charge seven, the most powder in the canister. He almost  made it completely out of the gun parapet 35 ft away. He won't talk about it now.

Rob

A short video of a 105 firing, about a minute or so.

First thing.  There is a huge communication barrier between one that knows the language of the job, and the rest of the world.   I have studied weaponry history so I understand.   :D   Others, just might think that you were trying for a sex change the instant way.  

That AINT RIGHT at all. 

It might also help explane the current state of your body.  

Gunny in the Hood ~~~ For youthfull actions resulting in a story that both amazes and shocks the world, and should have a whole book that clears up the verbage that makes it even better ~~~ all for beer.  I agree that another STINKIN BADGE is in order.

Acceptance speech is required by the one that enforces the monkeys here.

Attachments

• stinkin badge 2.jpg
    stinkin badge 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
Cammalu said:
I saw this yesterday and thought, "That ain't right."

d26b2e5e0c6ed6e623e8067af059b5ba.jpg

What is it that you see?  

I SEE NOTHIN!  (That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!)

GotSmart, you're right of course, a lot of my BS stories don't translate well into the civilian world. Attempting to hold onto the barrel of a cannon (howitzer) while firing was just a way to alleviate the sheer boredom of the very hard and taxing job of loading and firing rounds in 120 degree heat all day long.

If SternWake is leaving this really 'ain't right' , he's helped more people with electrical issues than I can count. I hope he reconsiders. He has friends here.

It's been a strange week, does a full moon last a week?

Cammalu said:
Hey Gary,  I'm driving down the highway and saw this and thought of you and your new name [emoji15]

339e51d1af3fc71bfb7da056e3fd60be.jpg

Yeah, that's my favorite road.  There should be a "zip my lip" emoji.... I'll just stop right here, even without an emoji.

Well , let's see if I can sort through all of this^^^^^^^^

Gunny is confirmed for an endless supply of "Stinkin' Badges" for that (stunt?) and the rest of the his crew as well.
I'm thinking it must be explained as battle fatigue or "what the hell were you thinking?" would have been uttered by some officer somewhere (unless they were doing it too?)

Either way , who knew I would ever be thanking someone for their service with the above mental image????

On behalf of myself and the rest of the band....er club
Thanks to Gunny and all the guys that were over there !
(Especially the ones that didn't come back!)
No matter HOW(itzer) you were executing those orders ............

Surfer Joe , say it ain't so !
Hell no , just don't go!!
At least just stay here on YARC!!!!!!!!!!!

I have missed all that went down there.....maybe it WAS the moon or buildup to the eclipse or ?????? :mad:

There are lots of threads I give up on when "I think I know" turns to "I'm the only one that knows " and I don't contribute to those anymore either...just keeping up with this thread is a full time (or at least as much time as I have) proposition most days......
Maybe some "Flying Manure Spreader" awards should be distributed elsewhere besides YARC ? :p  :cool:

I'm sure that Bob gets up some (every ?) morning wondering just what the "kids" have been up to while he was sleeping...
I wouldn't want his or the other mod's jobs , REALLY !

They all should get a "Gold edition Stinkin' Badge " for keeping this train on the tracks. In spite of unfortunate unintended consequences.
And , of course the cluster goes next to the "Stinkin' Badge" you all just got.
Confirmed

I can't imagine what he thinks of what goes on HERE !?? unh uhhhhh. :rolleyes:

Probably.....
"Just when I think I can take a break ,,,, Can't take my eye off them for a minute !"

Probably exactly what Gary69's mom was thinking too !
A "Stinkin'Badge" for the horn fer sure!
Especially if he hit his head on the underside of the hood...

And another for the payback fight,,, def "Ain't Right" material right there !

And a rare thing here .....for "nailing" the cotter pin fix ,,,,,,I award a pat on the back and a "Good Job" !
May we all be so lucky with a middle of nowhere repair !

And throw in another of those for Gunnys attempt to help a damsel in distress in spite of real pain he must have experienced !!  
As with all awards here given digitally , my arm isn't really that long!

Cammalu
"Hey did you just see that giant pink elephant drinking a 20 gallon martini ?"

I would have just said "OH sure you did !"
BUT THERE IS A PICTURE so it must be true !
And driving down that highway 69 !!!
(We gotta talk about that! ?)

Did I miss anything????????

Oh Yeah !
Badgernator
I like your sweet new logo (the badger with the six guns) I expect no less of you...

Another fine example of why no one should have to keep track of"Stinkin' Badges" :huh:
(or any of the nonsense , er' I mean "Important Business" that we do here...)
Worse than herding 1000 chickens and a zebra donkey with a monkey holding onto his leg.....

I absolve you of having to do any such thing.
Just give 'em out and move 'em on.. ;)

And thanks for "balancing the load" on the clusters , I was really beginning to worry about that ....

Might as well get my speech out of the way now...................

OK ,If I have to , I guess....

Members of the 'You Ain't Right" club.
NOW HEAR THIS..........

I "Ain't Right".
But I can change.
But I don't have to.
No Way !
:p  :p  :p  :p

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

(I still think I missed something.......
Oh well I'll catch it when I finish reading all the old posts,,only like 7 or 800 to go !  

I WILL post a list of Official Titles if I ever get through it !! But , really people , add your titles to your sig line , I will never have that list when I need it !

I've tried posting this for an hour or more and finally (over)scrolled up to the top
and see a board message that I had 11 emoji's and only 10 are allowed .........
If I have to , I guess !!!!!!!!!!

Monkey business reminded me of a monkey not right story.

We were in Zambia near Victoria Falls, or the smoke the rumbles, as they say in the local dialect. It was stinking hot and twice as humid. A group of us were sitting out drinking some Zim beer (imported). I was wearing short black shorts and I guess was airing out the boys a little more than is polite in public. It was after sunset and the lights were dim, perhaps romantic dim. The locals really didn't care about such things and there was no women folk to offend or make laugh. So I stand up to grab another beer and this hand grabs the low hanging fruit. I am a little shocked and I look down and this Vervet monkey has a hold of me with a remarkably strong little hand. He drags out the package and is just staring at my family jewels. Everyone is laughing and I draw my pistol. My wise friend says; "Captain if he don't die instantly he will turn your manhood into poe. (like mashed potatoes, but made with corn flour) No worries man he has just never seen a white set before, ours are black and his are blue." Sure enough the little bugger is looking at mine and then his in the porch lite. Then he looks up at me bares his teeth and scurries off up a tree. "Why did he bare his teeth?"
"Their balls get bluer as they get less action. To be so white you must have all the girls." To which the entire crew is laughing so hard they can no longer drink beer!
The indignities I've suffered for education...
images.jpeg

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 68
And now I imagine there will be a new award here in the YARC..................
;)
"The Smilin' Monkey" now , we just have to figure out what to award it FOR?
Oh well , we'll know when it happens , whatever it is............... :rolleyes:

BTW Beastmaster ;
You just got another Official Title.
"Junky Monkey"

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Latest posts