What's in your medical bag?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that you carry duct tape in your med kit!

I would be interested in a detailed listing including what you use some of the more esoteric items for. A pinned post would be fine with me, or maybe a link to a google doc? Meanwhile I'm just going to copy/past your list into my own vanlife essentials list.

I love that you carry duct tape in your med kit!

I would be interested in a detailed listing including what you use some of the more esoteric items for. A pinned post would be fine with me, or maybe a link to a google doc? Meanwhile I'm just going to copy/past your list into my own vanlife essentials list.

Ill open her up and take some photo's of what's inside, and at some point ill put together a complete list and make a thread. Some of the more esoteric items I keep for really rare emergency's.

Like the EpiPen to treat severe allergic reactions for my self or others.

Quick clot (IBD) if I need to stop missive bleeding from a bullet type puncture/wound and need to buy some time to get medical help. Military uses this.

I also always keep a P100 mask since it provides the most amount of filtration while also being oil proof.

Dicycloverine, I got this for a stomach issue I had and they are great for really messed up stomach issues.

SAM splint is cool because it can be bent and molded to support most broken bones.

One unusual one is the Iodine, or more specifically Potassium Iodide. It can be used as a thyroid blocking in a radiation emergency.

EpiPen, tourniquet,
snake bite kit,
Sam splint, ace bandages, super glue, aloe vera gel, syrup of ipecac, thermometer, Smelling salts, Imodium,
Pepto, bismal, tums, rolaids, poison Ivy lotion..