What song do you listen to most often?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queen said:
Pretty sure I have a thing for sax solos.

It's not very long but half way or so through "Only The Lonely" by the Motels there's some nice sax work.

scooterscot said:
Do you listen to new stuff/old stuff? Care to give some examples of your favorites?

I prefer the old classics: Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest, AC/DC.

It's the stuff I grew up with.

Mert6706, it's Ben Hunter, not Ben Harper. .... :) quite a bit of difference actually.

Ben Harper would probably enjoy jammin with Ben Hunter. Thanks for mentioning him,
I like that song on YouTube, " Going German "

Pat

No one song, although there are certain songs that get played to death when I've had a couple drinks and get morose.

I have such eclectic taste but there are particular songs I want to listen to at certain times:

Road trip and back roads: Jason Aldean's "Dirt Road Anthem", and Jarrod Niemann's "One More Dirnking Song"

Hanging out at home in the RV: The new age Pandora station goes on.

Having a really crappy day and having a few drinks: Five Finger Death Punch's "Far From Home" and a few others

I love the song "Hallelujah" but I prefer the Kate Voegele version most

And I think the most recent version of "Sound of Silence" by Disturbed is better than the one released in the pop charts by Simon and Garfunkle (and equal to the one on the album)

Yes disturbed's version is what the song should have been. I dig that version too.

And yes Amy Winehouse- She's a big part of my soulful playlist.

Also, I have been really into Two Steps From Hell in the last year...no they are not a metal band; they are an epic soundtrack production company who just happens to release their own CDs
[video=youtube]

Sail - AWOLNATION

channel - Red Bull Records

I prefer the 1 hour version, when surfing the net. Sail >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

channel - Xenondp96

Any song by Bob Seger or Fleetwood Mac. But especially 'Roll me Away' by Mr Seger or 'Gypsy' by Stevie Nicks.

Those have been two of my favorites since the early 1980's...and when I need a dose of nostalgia I dial those up on the YouTube...

Another that I enjoy is Mummers Dance by Loreena McKennitt.

Songs about motorcycles, traveling, simpler times, and story tellers...

I see a bit of a theme there!

:cool:

anything by Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree (early SW)

OK, time for some Metal here, folks.....

A favorite band of mine in my younger days--a Swedish band called Krokus.

Turn this one up REEEEEALLY LOUD.  ;)

Well they call me the Breeze I keep rolling down the road.

Or "Radar Love" by Golden Earring.

And many more. I have one USB stick full of Cruzing songs.

Grest thread! This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I'm completely enamored with modern/indie folk. Playing the Strumbella's Spirits regularly as well as Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isokov :heart: . I cannot make a road trip without The Oh Hellos, First Aid Kit, Hey Marseille, Lord Huron, the Avett Brothers and the Head and the Heart, to name a few favs.

The late great Jeff Buckley's cover of Cohen's Hallelujah is my personal favorite version. I could listen to it every day.

Van Dwelling song.
Zack Brown Band. "Free"

For years now, the first thing I listen too when I hit the road in my van is:

"Lust for Life" BY Iggy Pop...

Although I have to admit that lately I have been preferring the Trainspotting II remix... Great movie for those who were in your early-mid 20's in 1996...

I listen to just about everything from 50s to present, but lately I've been on brass kick.

Lucky Chops - Funkytown / I Feel Good
Too Many Zooz - To the Top