What song do you listen to most often?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zardor

Reaction score
Mine is ripple grateful dead. My mom use to play it alot and when ever I hear it. The melody cradles me.

A three minute section from the Marriage of Figaro. First heard it on shawshank redemption.

don't listen to any music any more...but I find myself waking up with songs in my head playing over and over and over...you get the idea.
lately it's been Hotel California, maybe because of my current situation of wanting to leave and get back on the road, but circumstances are preventing me from doing so...hopefully soon..

A song I learned as a kid from my dear Mommy 
(It shows how she felt about me)

" nobody likes me
Everybody hates me 
I'm going to eat some worms "

For such a wonderful woman and mother,  she could be mean as shit!   :D

Pat

Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen gets played a few times when I'm drunk and jammin'.

bonnieE350van said:
don't listen to any music any more...but I find myself waking up with songs in my head playing over and over and over...you get the idea.
lately it's been Hotel California, maybe because of my current situation of wanting to leave and get back on the road, but circumstances are preventing me from doing so...hopefully soon..

I love the eagles! I can listen to them all day.

Wabbit said:
Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen gets played a few times when I'm drunk and jammin'.

I love Rufus wainwright's version as well. Great song!

I have 3 that are my favorites and get played a lot. "We're All Alone" by Boz Scaggs (my shower rendition ain't too bad), "Century's End" by Steely Dan and "Spooky" by the Atlanta Rhythm Section.

slow2day said:
I have 3 that are my favorites and get played a lot.  "We're All Alone" by Boz Scaggs (my shower rendition ain't too bad), "Century's End" by Steely Dan and "Spooky" by the Atlanta Rhythm Section.

I have a shower version of were all alone too, I never heard Boz Skaggs version I thought it was Rita Coolidge alone. Interesting version. I dig it.

Quite a question, and real food for thought! Sent me searching through my CD's. I love music, all genres, so couldn't possibly narrow down to one, or even three, favorites. It depends on my mood. I mostly play blues when fooling around on the computer. For cleaning and bopping around the house, I like Wynona, Bonnie Raitt, the Eagles (probably my favorite group of all time), Alabama, a bluegrass duo out of Seattle--Ben Harper and Joe Seamons. For sitting down and listening or singing along love Janis Joplin, Chris Christofferson's songs sung by him or others, Johnny Cash, John Denver, Mamas and Papas, Stevie Nicks. I'm old enough to also love the old stuff--old country before it went "pop"--George Jones, Tammy, Loretta, Waylon Jennings, Willy, Eddie Arnold, Webb Pierce, Ray Price etc. Love big bands, songs that tell a story you can understand the words to, Rosemary Clooney, Vaughn Monroe, Johnny Ray. I learned to love middle eastern music when I took belly dance lessons. Love marching music cause I played the snare drum. Throw in some Motown stuff and I'm a happy camper. And I've only touched the surface! As for singing along, my Dad used to ask me if I knew how to sing "Alone and Far, Far Away" so I only do it when nobody can hear me squawking! Thanks for starting a great discussion. Hope other's will chime in with their own preferences.

John Denver's rendition of "Thirsty Boots" (who could have guessed, right?), Dan Fogelberg's "Wandering Shepard", and Easter Brother's "They're Holding Up the Ladder" are all about equal for me right now (and the past several months).

Great response mert6706. I'm exactly the same. I'm all over musically - I do struggle with rap, but everything from country (love bluegrass) to rock and r&B. Old and new. And thanks for liking this post, I felt like talking and reading about something other than builds, solar and mechanical/technical stuff would be a welcome side bar.

pnolans said:
A song I learned as a kid from my dear Mommy 
(It shows how she felt about me)

" nobody likes me
Everybody hates me 
I'm going to eat some worms "

For such a wonderful woman and mother,  she could be mean as shit!   :D

Pat

A school bus favorite, along with "Don't ever laugh when a hearse goes by, for you may be the next to die, etc etc."

Song I listen to most often? Jazzman, Carole King. Also Baker Street, Gerry Rafferty. Pretty sure I have a thing for sax solos.

Queen said:
Song I listen to most often?  Jazzman, Carole King. Also Baker Street, Gerry Rafferty.  Pretty sure I have a thing for sax solos.

I was at a Home Depot today. It had three entrances/exits. There were panhandlers at two of them, and a guy playing sax (not very well) at the third. Not begging, just playing. Perhaps he got chased out of the house.

There is something very sexy about a solo sax. I have thing for the chello and I love this group who just happens to have with a Banjo of all things. And it's really sexy. Check it out: