24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So hope you don't mind a funny story that happened yesturday.....

I had a short day at work and all the kiddos in the class I am in this year are fun (ok every year I say that) any way we were on the playground and shaking the leaves out of the one tree the kidos are allowed to climb (yea licensing isn't really happy but as long a staff is right there it is allowed) we were shaking down leaves and the kids tried to catch a falling leaf to make wishes on. As in "Catch a falling leaf, make a wish, give it a kiss, and blow it away" not as easy as it sounds. I caught a few leaves and the kids caught a few leaves and in explaining how to make a wish on a leaf I said to my leaf "I wish I had a chocolate chip cookie". Que time for rest and we all went in. The other staff laughed at my silly wish and we had a good rest time. While we were resting a grandparent come to the front desk and left the staff a plate of goodies This happens sometimes usually it is gift cards for coffee or ? anyway as you can guess the plate of goodies was still warm homemade chocolate chip cookies. The rest of the staff laughed and ate the cookies. (I have food allergies so since I don't know what they are made from I didn't eat any. But I think I made believers of my fellow staff. Yea the next leaf is going to be lotto numbers!

I am having trouble shifting into the “holiday season“ mental work mode. Maybe what I need to do is head into Flagstaff and get a string of USB Christmas lights to turn on at night to remind me I need to get to work so I can ship incoming Etsy orders out on time. The Arizona weather this week is certainly not reminding me that October is the start of the holiday season. Perhaps a slice of pumpkin pie would help? I already tried making popcorn the other night and that did not help but it was very tasty with seasoned salt and Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on it. A roasted Turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce? It does sound good. Maybe I just need chocolate fudge? There is a fudge store here in Tusayan and those Harvey Fudge counters are inside the Grand Canyon Park. I will just have to make some major financial investment sacrifices to keep my customers happy with lots of ready to ship inventory in stock.That fudge is not cheap to buy!

Good to hear your keeping busy Maki… I was able to come home quick before the main sugar beet harvest…. Mow some grass, toss more stuff… fill my water tank for trailer water when I get back. Tanks are full there… but I’ll have to get by three weeks. 12 hrs minimum per day everyday will give me zero time to worry about stuff like that. Then back to retirement!

Good to hear your keeping busy Maki… I was able to come home quick before the main sugar beet harvest…. Mow some grass, toss more stuff… fill my water tank for trailer water when I get back. Tanks are full there… but I’ll have to get by three weeks. 12 hrs minimum per day everyday will give me zero time to worry about stuff like that. Then back to retirement!
I am glad you are feeling up to at least temporarily come out of retirement. That is real progress physically to have had that much healing of your hands and shoulder!

I am having trouble shifting into the “holiday season“ mental work mode. Maybe what I need to do is head into Flagstaff and get a string of USB Christmas lights to turn on at night to remind me I need to get to work so I can ship incoming Etsy orders out on time. The Arizona weather this week is certainly not reminding me that October is the start of the holiday season. Perhaps a slice of pumpkin pie would help? I already tried making popcorn the other night and that did not help but it was very tasty with seasoned salt and Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on it. A roasted Turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce? It does sound good. Maybe I just need chocolate fudge? There is a fudge store here in Tusayan and those Harvey Fudge counters are inside the Grand Canyon Park. I will just have to make some major financial investment sacrifices to keep my customers happy with lots of ready to ship inventory in stock. That fudge is not cheap to buy!
So maybe some crock pot fudge, that stuff is soooooo good and like I said my family is getting fat for Christmas got to/get to start baking and freezing soon... One kid gets sugar cookies one gets double chocolate cookies and all the neighbors get a mix of 4-5 types of cookies and some cider and some jam for everyone. The pears were not to productive so no pear booze this year.... Everyone gets their fav soup frozen for winter nights and of course now I add fudge, though the kids batches always seem a bit small as the route from the fudge cutting to the freezer is past me and well..... I make stuff to enter in the little local fair so Moms and DIL and #1son all got done early and now just have #2son and Stepdad and hubby left. They are never the easy ones.

My name is Maki, I am a sugar junky. Do not for the sake of yourself and your friends invite me to your Cristmas cookie gatherings.

But do invite me anyway! Oh and bag up all those leftovers, I will gladly take them home with me. My dog loves treats. He is so cute,how can you resist giving him treats? His name is Brio, he is a purebred standard red poodle. But he stays at home on the sailboat with “dad” when I am not around. I have to eat all the chocolate as it is bad for dogs. He also has food allergies so that means I have eat all the cookies and other snacks too. But I willingly do it for his sake to keep him safe.
IMG_9416.jpeg

Last edited: