What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS: I have an app on my phone that tells me how much I've saved by quitting smoking...

Since Jan 5, 2011: 
2307 days smoke free,
69,217 down,
$19,035 and 288 days saved!

Soon as I figure out where I put that $19,000 I'll invite y'all to a big party!

BigT said:
I'm jealous.  I haven't been in a pool in years.  I have no excuse.  There's a pool at work I could any time I want.

I did get out for a nice bike ride today, though, and that made me very happy!

It's a wonderful sensation, as we age and things start to hurt on many of us, you get into the water and the pressure is relieved and you feel like you can move freely and with ease, it's just lovely.

And likely a smart manager, Matt probably proved himself to be a very valuable staffer, and maybe he's hoping he'll come back.

I had my phone 'adjusted' today and now I have data back again.... :D :D 

It's complicated but every six months I have to switch phones when I go either stateside or come back to Canada (modern technology at it's finest... :rolleyes: ) which means that it always takes me 3 months or so to figure out how to work the different phone. Saturday I was trying to get my new Kindle to work on my mobile hotspot on my Canadian phone and somehow managed to turn off ALL data service...don't ask, I have no idea.. :dodgy:  I openly admit to being technology deficient!!

It took the guy in Radio Shack a whole 30 seconds to fix what took me 2 hours to screw up and 2 days of angst from being without data service.

I'm a happy little camper now!!

Queen said:
An old forum I was on had threads like this, it was nice to take a second and focus on what made everyone happy or made them smile.

For me it's the ongoing email conversation with my wife about what we'll do when we're retired.  So far today we've come up with:
- sleep in as long as we want
- throw out our old bedside clocks
- stay up late and watch dumb movies
- float in the pool for hours
- make awesome breakfast whenever we want

And we've been staring at the webcam that's set up down the street from our FL condo.  ahhhhhhhhh!
http://www.volusia.org/news/new-smyrna.stml
waking up in the morning with the pack of dogs and being able to move

Best day on the road yet. Just a super fun day with Jim and Carly - my new Australian friends. Cold and rainy up here on the mountain but I put the sidewalls on the Easy-up and Buddy did a pretty good job of warming it up inside. Made my specialty - curried meatballs and some steamed Brussels sprouts. Carley used my oven to make some scratch chocolate chip cookies. Awesome! Introduced them to my favorite music - Beth Hart with Joe Bonamassa, Everlast and Robin Trower. They grew up with Tupac but really liked this old man's taste. Jim had a little bit of green he had been saving for a special occasion and I hadn't toked since New Mexico, so we did and laughed and talked until late. I may be 60 but it made me realize I don't think I've changed much since I was their age - and I'm glad I didn't. "Just grow up!" No, don't think I will - I've tried it and it didn't work out, so done trying. They're heading out this morning to climb some mountain or other and my spot in this forest will be quiet again, but last night it was just about perfect.

And a bit of music if you're tired of growing old and refuse to do it anymore.

The food sounds great, meeting new friends (again) and enjoying life. You can't beat that with a stick. It's good to read about your having fun.

Rob

I'm old too so I may be confused but it seems like there was an IanC that didn't know if he was gonna like this traveling life.

closeanuf said:
I'm old too so I may be confused but it seems like there was an IanC that didn't know if he was gonna like this traveling life.

LOL - yeah, in between those moments of crushing self doubt there are some real bright spots

I am happy that there is hope for me to get out of the mental and sometimes physical prison called my "home".  I am happy to have this forum (and all the helpful, kind, people and Bob's videos.)  I am happy I made 2 batches of Kombucha tea today.  I made some Kung Pao Chicken today too, yummy.  I am happy my cat ate today.  The best thing though, is waking up 6 feet ABOVE ground!   :D  Peace!

XFILE36 said:
  The best thing though, is waking up 6 feet ABOVE ground!   :D  Peace!
I want what she's having! :D
 I use to check the obits every day just to make sure my name wasn't in them. :p

:)   I'm a day sleeper at times and keep my place dark inside.    I have a morning ritual I call " Looking to see if the world is still there".  There have been days lately where I really didn't care one way or the other.

The news I had late today was happy news.  Tomorrow will be a Happy Day for sure.

Other than the continued support I've received from members here the one big thing that HAPPENED TODAY IS I NOW HAVE A SAFE PLACE TO GO WITH A SPOT FOR THE Aliner and a electric hook up. :D 
 It's only 1,440 miles away in SD with friends I've had for 33ys.  It will be a heck of a "maiden voyage"  for Queenie, she's never been farther than 40 miles at a time.   
I think the Aliner and I have been around the block too many times to be considered "maiden voyagers" :angel:  

I'm not sure I'll make it up there however it's great to have that option, I hope we get to go.

Jewellann and the Snore Hound

AHA!  The world is still there!   :D  now I'm going back to bed!

Jewellann

Txjaybird said:
 PLACE TO GO WITH A SPOT FOR THE Aliner and a electric hook up. :D 
 It's only 1,440 miles away in SD with friends I've had for 33ys.  It will be a heck of a "maiden voyage"  for Queenie, she's never been farther than 40 miles at a time.  
Sound to me like a road trip is in order. Especially if they have been friends of yours for 33 years. ;)

I'M HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! That's made me very happy! Got a metal rod through my femur and have a long way to go but I'm on the mend!!! Yayyyyyyy for me!!!!! Wondering if I can somehow hobble out to the camper and try to do something, anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballenxj said:
I want what she's having! :D
 I use to check the obits every day just to make sure my name wasn't in them. :p

"I Woke Up Still Not Dead Again Today" by Willie Nelson

[font=proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif]I woke up still not dead again today
The internet said I had passed away
But if I die and I wasn't dead to stay
And I woke up still not dead again today[/font]

[font=proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif]Well, I woke up still not dead again today
The gardener did not find me that way
You can't believe a word that people say

[font=proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif]I woke up still not dead again today[/font]
[font=proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif]The news said I was gone to my dismay
Don't bury me, I've got a show to play

[font=proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif]I run up and down the road and makin' music as I go
They say my pace would kill a normal man
But I've never been accused of bein' normal anyway

[font=proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif]Last night I had a dream that I died twice yesterday

I keep discovering ways to discourage visits from my neighbors. My next door neighbor quit talking to me when I would not, and I use the term loosely, go to the ATM and withdraw 20 dollars to loan him.

Got a new neighbor in the apartment above me, nice guy but decides to visit at odd hours and stays way too long. He works everyday, just out of the Army and is not a bad guy, but came up short on rent last week and I foolishly loaned him 100 dollars. He was to repay me Friday. He has to walk past my living room window to the stairs to get to his apartment.
He goes by at high rate of speed and never looks up.

I don't much care about the money, I just think it's funny how people lie and don't want to get called on it.

Cammalu, nice to read your on the road to recovery.

Rob