What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queen

Reaction score
An old forum I was on had threads like this, it was nice to take a second and focus on what made everyone happy or made them smile.

For me it's the ongoing email conversation with my wife about what we'll do when we're retired.  So far today we've come up with:
- sleep in as long as we want
- throw out our old bedside clocks
- stay up late and watch dumb movies
- float in the pool for hours
- make awesome breakfast whenever we want

And we've been staring at the webcam that's set up down the street from our FL condo.  ahhhhhhhhh!
http://www.volusia.org/news/new-smyrna.stml

When I retire, all clocks will be banished from my life, the sun can wake me, the moon can put me to bed
I will lie sluggabed until I FEEL like getting out of it
I will sit in the shade, or lift heavy things, or whatever as the mood strikes me
I will read even more

Just had another happy! Saw a baby bunny!! I knew we had a den/warren/burrow at the edge of our porch so I guess they're big enough to explore some. SO cute!

I was awakened out of a deep sleep at 0730 by my Granddaughter calling to wish me "Happy Birthday" and ask if she could spend the night tonight.

Made it to 67

1st cup of coffee and 1st cigarette.

More, but it's political and not allowed.

Old Rob

a nice storm blew in and i decided i dont want to get wet today,so blaaa,go clean my shop or something

Minus floating in the pool (too fat for that), I do all those now. But, I work overnights, so I dont use alarms. I recommend a hamilton beach belgian flip waffle maker. Frisbee sized waffles!

I like to think Im simple. Iced coffee that I bought at 6am on my way home makes me happy..complimented by a donut :)

Waking up and seeing the backside of the eye lids is a pretty good way to start it. Having a fuzzy little buddy just waiting to pounce and wrestle as soon as I stir is the best.

Sleeping in and enjoying San Diego's perfect climate. Next on today's agenda is hitting Planet Fitness for exercise and an overdue shower.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Todd swam for the first time today. He's always been a wader but this morning he kicked off and swam a small circle. I've always wanted a swimming dog. Now as much of my camping as possible will be based around lakeside spots - big fun ahead.

OutdoorFT said:
Minus floating in the pool (too fat for that), I do all those now. But, I work overnights, so I dont use alarms. I recommend a hamilton beach belgian flip waffle maker. Frisbee sized waffles!

I like to think Im simple. Iced coffee that I bought at 6am on my way home makes me happy..complimented by a donut :)

My last job before retirement I worked evening shift at a library.  I'd get off at 11:00, be home by 11:30, relax a while then head to bed.  I'd sleep until I woke up... best sleep I've ever had.

Another happy (I have them often, lucky me), had lunch with my beloved, man I just LOVE seeing her in the middle of the day!!

Queen said:
My last job before retirement I worked evening shift at a library.  I'd get off at 11:00, be home by 11:30, relax a while then head to bed.  I'd sleep until I woke up... best sleep I've ever had.

Another happy (I have them often, lucky me), had lunch with my beloved, man I just LOVE seeing her in the middle of the day!!
I did a security job that started at 530am, 12hrs 2 days a week, but 3 days off. Never again do I want to wake up at 4am to pay my bills.

what made me happy today? i woke up, that ALWAYS tickles me pink, everything after that is gravy

The mother of my kids showed up for a visit before they got home, walked in with bags og groceries, and first thing started doing dishes.

A true miracle, can't help but be suspicious, but I guess she's not a teenager anymore, learning how to adult finally. . .

I spent the afternoon in a local history museum. They always have things that the big museums don't have, and the docents are always friendly and knowledgeable.

And that always makes me happy. :)

caretaker said:
what made me happy today? i woke up, that ALWAYS tickles me pink, everything after that is gravy

Being old sucks--but it sure beats the alternative.

:p

Leaving work! Took Monday off so I have a 3 day weekend. Still struggling to become financially independent so I can break free of The Man!

Gunny said:
I was awakened out of a deep sleep at 0730 by my Granddaughter calling to wish me "Happy Birthday" and ask if she could spend the night tonight.

Hey Old Man Rob, Happy Birthday! :)

I oversee three other people. We work hard for our money (to steal a line from a song)

And we work five days putting in 8 hours.
I've been talking to them now that the days are longer about doing four 10 hours days and taking a three day weekend every week..... now THAT would make ME happy!

Dave

djkeev said:
I've been talking to them now that the days are longer about doing four 10 hours days and taking a three day weekend every week..... now THAT would make ME happy!

Dave

I did that routine for a couple years. It sounds great at first. But once you've done it a while, those ten-hour days get reaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy long, and by the time that long weekend comes your ass is dragging so much that all you do on your extra day off is sleep late anyway. I effing hated it, and quit.

The local zoo, on the other hand, used a schedule that I never saw anywhere else--they worked 8 hour days, but did four days on, then two days off, then four days on, two days off, etc.  The effect of it was that your days off were different every week (and every so often you'd be working Fri Sat AND Sun).