What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't fall asleep last night either, didnt pass out til around 4am, which is very uncommon for me. Usually once I hit the pillow it's lights out.

Dgorila1 said:
Leaving work! Took Monday off so I have a 3 day weekend. Still struggling to become financially independent so I can break free of The Man!

GOOD LUCK WITH MAN THING Breaking free of the "man" thing is overrated better to work covertly with the "Man" and get what you need,
what made me happy was my son asking about tools

When we went to the grocery store over the weekend I decided I needed some cereal (I very rarely ever eat it), so I bought cocoa krispies. Just had a bowl, how fun! Felt like a little kid again.

Went to the mail box and a pipe I had bought on Ebay had arrived two days earlier than expected.  A Vintage Irish Seconds that could not be in better condition.

irish 6.jpg

Attachments

• irish 6.jpg
    irish 6.jpg
    514.4 KB
i havent puked in over 24 hours and just ate an egg on toast and dont feel to bad

i think it was some blackberry jam that got me

Nice! Amazing how the absence of nausea can feel like being well.

Just gave some stuff away to another hobbyist. Ordered 2 kindles and they will be here tomorrow. My current kindle is 2nd gen and outdated. It shuts off on me a lot...cant charge and use, unlike every other kindle. My battery still dies. Got this in maybe 2012, as refurb. Got my moms money worth (xmas gift)

Heading to Chicago in a bit to visit my niece and her husband and the new baby!!  She's almost six months old now, can't wait to spend the weekend playing with her.   :heart:

I went to bed at an early hour(for me) and as I was getting ready for bed I turned all the lights off with just a bit of light from the parking lot lights. I sleep with two pillows, when I flopped onto the bed the pillow I was flopping on was actually off the damn bed halfway. I flopped on the half that was off the bed. Face planted on the box spring. Small nosebleed, lots of cussing and a cat who disappeared at the first sound of noise.

The happy part is the bruise is not bad.

Rob

Hangover from a too long binge finally abated.

Took some stuff to dump that I thought still had worth. Passed a yard sale sign and decided to stop in to see if they might want it. Was an older man and he was happy to take it all. Told me to take a seat and he told me stories and I shared my smokes. Was really neat and felt like something out of a book.

Thnx for cool thread and letting me share a great day! :cool:

Today I learned that GotSmart is re-united with his road buddy.
I haven't met either of 'em in person, but still it made my day!

dr_nelson said:
Today I learned that GotSmart is re-united with his road buddy.
That made me happy just hearing this. :D I'll have to check that thread out.

What DOESN'T make me happy is jack knifing the trailer trying to turn around on a narrow road, smashing the mount for my propane and denting my bumper. I haven't even looked at the spare tire mounted behind the gas bottles.  What an idiot.  I blamed everything from the phone battery going dead, thus no GPS to the whole state of Arkansas, but it was 100% THIS fool's fault. I WILL be happy when I get this fixed tomorrow but I'll still have a dented bumper.

Just got home from a wonderful weekend visiting my niece and her husband... and their new baby. She is the coolest happiest little being, just beams at you whenever she wakes up from her nap. holding her on my chest while she slept was pure peace.

Even though I have an intense itch to travel,  I decided I didn't want to take the 2.5 hour ride to visit relatives and have Easter Dinner. Plus a 2.5 hr ride back just didn't seem worth it for some ham.  

It was also pretty warm here today (Finally!) and i didn't want to heat the house up cooking inside.  So I pulled out my camp gear and made myself a tailgate dinner to get some of that good feeling of being on the road.  I also had two porkchops I didn't cook in time, so I cooked them up and gave them to Camo.  His eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw two full size pork chops coming his way.  So that's what made me happy today.

Attachments

• Weber Q1200-Coleman 2 Burner - Copy.jpg
    Weber Q1200-Coleman 2 Burner - Copy.jpg
    110.9 KB
:) After working 6hrs at my storage units Q and I stopped at the local Marathon truck stop about 4:30pm and I bought the last deli container of homemade 'naner pudding.  Then when I got to my Mom's, Sister had left me some of the best homemade chicken and dumplin's I've ever tasted.  They are heating now and I'm watchimg  "The Big Lebowski".

Jewellann

Today, being back at the Pacific Ocean again.