FormerQueenOfRoadSteeringtoRTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't the patience to fish, much prefer 'real' hunting (stalk your prey, not lure it to a blind) what most folks call hunting today I call 'fishing on land' pisses the local deer hunters right off :)
Once upon a time I was half decent with a longbow, the compound bows do not work for me lol

highdesertranger said:
just a little heads up in CA you MUST use a line and hook to catch trout and only one rig in the water at a time.  highdesertranger

Thank you, hdr. It's VERY IMPORTANT to know fishing and hunting laws in any state where you wish to do either. You MUST have a license and you must obey state laws, which vary.

Catching fish by hand is highly venerated in some countries. I've watched YouTube video demonstrations. If it's not legal anywhere in the US, DON'T do it.

Fish and Game regs are strict, and fines are very high, so you MUST know the law.

I carry the Fish and Game booklets for my state in my vehicles. Before I learn to do either I'll read the fine print.

Thanks again,

Kathleen

ArtW said:
I haven't the patience to fish, much prefer 'real' hunting (stalk your prey, not lure it to a blind) what most folks call hunting today I call 'fishing on land' pisses the local deer hunters right off :)
Once upon a time I was half decent with a longbow, the compound bows do not work for me lol

I admire bow hunting much more than shooting an animal with a gun. Most of all, I appreciate people who make their own bows and arrows. Tribal people hunted that way for a very long time, following the great herds that used to roam this land.